Being overcharged for ticket delivery

I just got tickets to a Demi Lovato/DJ Khaled concert in March of 2018 from Ticketmaster. I chose the cheapest tickets available, which were priced at $79.95. I would have loved to sit in a section closer to the stage but for that ticket I'd end up paying (with fees added) around $150 or a little bit higher, so I opted against it, as that's a lot to spend. Once I finished placing my order the ticket ended up costing me around $98. That's because I had to pay about $18 in fees and $4.50 to mail the tickets to my house. I am used to paying all these fees but what boggles my mind is why I have to pay $4.50 for delivery in a regular mail envelope that would be delivered by a mailman just like all other mail, for which the cost would be the cost of the stamp. That is just ridiculous. Delivery should be free. If anything charge me for the stamp and that's it. I wish they had a will call option available, as that's free, but the concert is too far away so it wasn't an option.
I have experienced this too. You can see how much they paid in postage right on the envelope. Such a scam.
@maezee When I get the ticket in the mail I will look at what the postage says.
That does sound like a hefty price to pay for the delivery of something that fits nicely in an ordinary envelope.
@Corbin5 I am a bit furious that I had to pay that. If I wasn't collecting all my concert tickets I'd have opted for the mobile ticket option.
@Corbin5 I thought of maybe getting tickets straight from the venue. This way no delivery charges or any fees. But the commute is long and no guarantee that when I get to the venue the tickets I want will even be available. Plus, I have to pay for public transportation to and from the venue, which would come out to $5.50. More convenient to get tickets from home, but that means spending more money.
@lovebuglena You made the best choice. Oh well, it will be a thrill to attend the concert.
Some taxes are really absurd.
@TheInvisibleMan What taxes are you talking about?
@lovebuglena Tickets.
@TheInvisibleMan They are not really taxes. The fees or charges. That's why I was confused.
@shivamani10 (10791)
• Hyderabad, India
Oh..you are preparing for the New Year already? Great of you. I have not started yet. I will soon be attending to this work after my return from the tour.
@shivamani10 What do you mean by preparing for the New Year?
@shivamani10 (10791)
• Hyderabad, India
@lovebuglena oh..you are purchasing the ticket for the concert to be held in March 2018. This is what I am pointing at. Here such programmes will be taken up only a month before they take place.
@shivamani10 I don't like it that the tickets go on sale almost half a year before the event takes place. Now I could have waited till closer to event time to get a ticket (that's what I did with Katy Perry concert) but there is no guarantee that tickets will be left and those at a price I can afford. Hopefully all goes well come March and I will be able to attend the concert.
@kobesbuddy (19608)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Just imagine, if they sell only 1,000 tickets, they just made an extra $5,000 from overblown postage:( Those people are sharks, they know how to jack up their profits, at your expense.
@kobesbuddy Everyone has to make their money and I guess this is one way they are doing it. But I don't like it and they should do away with it. While I paid $4.50 for mail delivery, I am not sure if it's for delivery in NYC and tri-state area only or for people from other locations in the US as well.
@kobesbuddy (19608)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@lovebuglena The make a large profit, no matter where the mail is going. It's a part of them jacking up the price.
@kevin1877uk (36141)
I totally agree ticket prices are way too high