Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?

Is it too early to discuss such matters? For thise who celebrate, have you started your Christmas shopping as of yet? When do you normally start it? I am happy to say I just received a few items in the mail I ordered from Amazon as gifts. Granted its a very small start - socks and coffee for my aunt, the first two seasons of Ash vs Evil Dead for my dad (who loves Evil dead, ha). I was lucky to have had a few Amazon gift cards on hand to pay for these with. I hope to get all of it knocked out by the beginning of December. If all goes as planned. My family is pretty easy to shop for, inexpensive and not entitled or demanding. They give me lists with very practical items - socks, sheets, candles, body wash sets. I never end up spending all that much. How many people do you shop for? Have you started?
No I haven't started yet
When do you normally?
@maezee usually around Thanksgiving
I used to shop for so many when our son was little, but when the nieces and nephews reach age 18, then we do not buy gifts for them. That means I have fewer to shop for now which does make for an easier holiday and a less pricy one.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
This year I will go a little more crazy with the shopping than usually would because we didn't get to have much of a Christmas last year. I'll order stuff tonight and hopefully be done by mid December. Thanks
Nice. I am also hoping to knock out most of it through online shoppig. Better yet if we can use amazon gift cards.
No, I have not. I am waiting for Black Friday at Amazon. A tip to US residents. Go to Amazon mturk and register. They have survey and work projects that will add up dollar value for you to get a discount at Amazon. I have used it for years and it puts some money in my pocket.
@prashu228 (22653)
I did not start it yet..hmm still there is lot of time
@fishtiger58 (30715)
• Momence, Illinois
I have 10 people to shop for, not to bad. I have started but for some reason I can't get motivated this year, by this time I am usually done and I have only just started.
@dodo19 (28125)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I haven't started shopping yet. I usually start thinking about it at the end of November. Some people I know are easier to shop for than others, but I still manage.
@Theresaaiza (9696)
I would really just like to buy Lottery scratch cards for everyone. The family house is just full of unnecessary stuff, unused gifts, forgotten appliances. Plus I think my mom-in-law, after discovering about this thrift shop downtown (my fault, cause I showed her where I buy my clothes and all other second hand stuff), now has developed some kind of uncontrolled hoarding tendencies . So to not add to the mound of junk, I feel better off sticking to the scratch cards.
@lady1993 (15779)
just my family... i have not started anything since i haven't received my paycheck yet
We shop for.. many.. whoevers in our lives at that point. This year.. about 25 or so people. But more are kids than adults.
We have very few to shop for nowadays so Christmas isn't very stressful.
@jbb316 (1779)
haven't actually started shopping yet but I do know what I'm getting my children so I am further than I was at this time last year.
@Ithink (6795)
I have started, used to be a time I would be done by now. lol Changing things up this year so still have some to go but not as much or as costly as it was before for us. Right now searching for a few books Tessa has mentioned.
No but I'm going to start very soon.
I have not started yet. I wish I had. I am ok with shopping early, just not with decorations and music early... that should come after the first week in Dec. lol
• Peoria, Arizona
I have not, my mom asked me to make her a few things, so I will do that for her so that is easy. I have no clue what to do for my grandma. That is really all who I do gifts for because I don't talk to anyone else haha
@sallypup (22094)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'm not shopping for Christmas much this year. I have begun Christmas though, in my way. I mail out a Christmas short story each year. I am asking folks who wants the story already. I also just ordered a Santa paper for the story's front cover. And today I wrote another short Christmas story. So I'm not buying the traditional sense but am working in the spirit.
@thelme55 (11962)
Not yet for Christmas as I am still shopping for birthdays these month.
@kobesbuddy (19698)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I usually start the first week of December. We don't spend very much, just a small gift for about 10 people.