Hot Chocolate on a Cold Snowy Day

Green Bay, Wisconsin
No, I'm not breaking the Whole30 diet. I Googled Whole30 hot chocolate and found it was possible. So I took what I had, Hershey's pure baking powder, and cashew milk, and mixed them together. Neither have sugar, and the combination was delicious! So it is possible to have chocolate on this diet. It didn't taste like your standard hot chocolate made with regular milk and lots of sugar, but it still tasted good. Something I needed, as my daughter called as soon as I got off the computer and told me I could go over and do laundry. She doesn't run the heat when they're not home, so my toes, fingers, and nose were very cold. I was glad to try out the recipe before I left so I could indulge when I got home, something I really needed. The picture was taken before I left, showing the snow coming down, with the sun shining. It was beautiful. I made certain I zoomed it enough so you could see the flakes of snow - those white dots on the picture. A special thank you to @CoralLevang for the wonderful card with two tea packets I found in my mailbox today. I'm going to try one of them tonight. I hope your day is going well. I have been writing since I got home and I have busted the halfway point at 25697 words. Still more to go. Thanks for reading.
Glad you were able to have the equivalent of your hot chocolate. Enjoy the snow .
It didn't last very long, but I know it will snow again. We're supposed to get more tonight. One of these days it will stick.
@CoralLevang (39851)
You are very welcome, Valerie. Lovely picture. Except that it looks cold. LOL
It is cold. It got up to 20 today with a windchill of 12.
@CoralLevang (39851)
@just4him Oh, my goodness! I don't miss those days of living up there. I'll never forget my first winter when it was 20 below with a windchill of 60 below. UGH
@CoralLevang I've never seen a wind chill of 60 below, 40 was the lowest I've ever seen it. I don't go out when it's that cold. My heat is cranked and I'm content to be inside.
Yumm. Love hot chocolate. Stay warm
I'm doing my best. Had to crank up the heat. Have to have it set at almost 80 to have it register at 72-74.
@just4him same here. But ours doesnt always work cause we're an end apartment so if our neighbor has their heat up high, we hardly get any.
@Courtlynn I wonder if that's why I don't. I'm an end apartment as well. The only thing I don't need to do is run the A/C in summer. I'm on the ground floor or two stories. I know heat rises and cold air descends so I'm sure my upstairs neighbor is getting my heat, while I get the benefits of his A/C.
The snow flakes look lovely coming down. what can be better than hot chocolate on a cold snowy night.
Nothing that I can think of. It was delicious!
Thanks for the info. I am going to check it out. Ive been trying to cut back on the artificial sweetners.
I haven't had any sugar in three months.
@Elizaby (3385)
• Pensacola, Florida
That hot chocolate sounds good.
It is. I was expecting it not to taste good because baking chocolate is so bitter, but the cashew milk makes it taste good, and neither have sugar in them.
Coral is so sweet. Enjoy your tea and have a nice evening.
Thank you. Yes, she is. I'm planning on it.
@Emmlex1000 (1253)
• Lagos, Nigeria
Yum yum nice choice to start a day
Thank you.
@ilocosboy (31983)
Enjoy your healthy hot chocolate and that was a good view.
Thank you. That's my living room window.
What a great combo!
Thanks, it really is.
@just4him I love cold weather and hot chocolate.
@TheInvisibleMan Me too. I'm glad I can still have some.
@Blondie2222 (17669)
We got snow a little bit on Friday and woke up with snow on Saturday. The temps have been really cold here also and hot cocoa does sound good.
It does. It really hit the spot. I wish I would wake up to snow. Everything we got yesterday is gone. I knew it would be, too early for it to stay. No snow in the forecast this week.
@Blondie2222 (17669)
@just4him woke up to snow again today but not a whole lot we seem to be just getting a dusting of it. But no snow the rest of the week going to be back in the 40's starting today
@Blondie2222 I thought it had melted overnight. Picture my surprise to find ice on my windows. It wasn't easy to scrape off either. The roads were also slick in spots, and there was snow on open grassy areas, more than around my apartment building. It'll be gone soon, if it isn't already as the temps are going up to the 40's here too.
• Marion, Kansas
I do not care for commercial hot chocolate as the sugar is not something I want in that quantity. I have not tried cashew milk. I am glad you could find a treat that was wonderful for you.
I love cashew milk, almond milk too. I may never go back to regular milk. I'm glad I found a good sugar free way to have hot chocolate.
@LoriAMoore (9692)
Glad you found a good warm beverage for winter.
Thank you, so am I.
Nothing better than hot chocolate on a snowy day.
Nothing! So I'm glad I checked to see if there was a way I could have some.
@kobesbuddy (16823)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Hot chocolate, that sounds wonderful, it snowed here a little yesterday, but no accumulation. Today, it's very cold!:( Coral is such a kind lady, she's kind to other members who appreciate and love her.
Yes, she is. We didn't get accumulation yesterday either. Today there might have been half an inch.
@kobesbuddy (16823)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him I'd love to have about an inch, for Thanksgiving:)
@kobesbuddy Or more. That would be nice.
I am glad you found a recipe for a hot chocolate you can have in a cold day.