My unlucky day turned out to be a lucky one.

@thelme55 (11777)
Germany
Yes, it was unlucky at first. I was working today. During my 3rd massage to clients, my back suddenly cracked. Well, I heard the noise of my back cracking. Then pain but it was not so much. I said only 1 client left for me to do a wellness massage for 40 minutes then that's it for today. I told the daughter of my boss not to give me a client anymore for today as I already have pain in certain movement. Then she told me "OK. Come with me I will massage you." Yay! I thought she would sent me home but she did Thai meridian massage to my back for at least half an hour before her client came. She did it well and she is only 25 years old. I felt relieved and my back was fine again. I was still in the massage table relaxing while the good and kind daughter went to her client. Then my workmate who have just finished treating her client, came to me and said, "lay down in your tummy. I will continue massaging you." My workmate is more stronger than the daughter. She massaged me by pressing and pushing the blockage in my back. She taught me where the pressure points were and how to deal with the blockage. I am pain free after the meridian and pressure point massages that I have received. I am indeed so lucky to have those Thai workmates. They are blessings in my life that I am thankful for. Besides, the massages were free Have you been treated with meridian or Thai massage? What do you do when you suddenly have back pain?
@ridingbet (37892)
i like to be massaged when i feel pain in my back. the old woman where we have our massage from is already very old and unable to massage now.
@thelme55 (11777)
Is there nobody younger who can do massage for you @ridingbet? I don´t think that woman has still strength to massage you. I taught my nieces and cousins who were interested on how to massage a person. The small nieces are still 8 to 10 years and I taught them last year how to massage their faces. Sometimes when I have headache, they massaged my face and head and I rewarded them with a few pesos.
@ridingbet (37892)
Betet
@thelme55 i can massage a part of my body but not the massage where i have to straighten a muscle or put back a nerve. i can massage my forehead if i have headache. i use a liniment or Betet, a Chinese balm.
@thelme55 (11777)
@ridingbet that's good. How do the Betet smell? I think I have not encountered that yet.
I bruise easily, so idon't like to be massaged. Basing from yur story of how your backpain was gone, I think i will try a soft massage someday.
@thelme55 (11777)
So Thai massage is not for you @SIMPLYD but you can try a wellness massage or an Ayurvedic massage as it is a soft tissue massage.
@thelme55 I don't like to be massaged on my legs and arms. They bruise easily.
@thelme55 (11777)
@SIMPLYD I see. You have to be careful then
I never had a Thai massage. When I have back pain I ask my husband to rub my back with Voltaren Gel, it helps.
@thelme55 (11777)
Yes, Voltaren Gel is good @LadyDuck. I have that here for emergency backache treatment. I usually rub that to my hubbys back after massaging him.
@thelme55 It's the only thing that work if you do not want to have pain pills.
@YrNemo (8472)
I was flat on my back a month or so ago - for almost 3 days between housework. Can't afford massage here . You are lucky .
@thelme55 (11777)
I am sorry about that @YrNemo. Didn´t you have something to rub on your back? How much is a massage treatment there in your place?
@YrNemo (8472)
@thelme55 about US $80 per session (an hour).
@thelme55 (11777)
@YrNemo Wow! Too expensive.
@JustBhem (22370)
• Davao, Philippines
I always have back pain but I just let it pass because I am not allowed to have a massage.
@thelme55 (11777)
You can use efficassent oil to rub your back when you have pain @JustBhem. It helps.
@JustBhem (22370)
• Davao, Philippines
@thelme55 Yes, I do that most of the time. But it feels good if I will have a massage.
I wonder where I can find that here? I usually have an anti-inflammatory and then rest.
@thelme55 (11777)
Is there no Thai massage shop or a spa near you where you can be treated to a Thai or Meridian massage? Well, anti-inflammatory medicine is also good to ease the pain @JudyEv. I used to take paracetamol in the 80´s and 90´s when I had backache here in Germany. At those times massages were not IN in this country. I was always glad when I went home to the Philippines as I was always treated with a massage from my late mother. I really miss my mother and her cooking and massaging.
@thelme55 There is certainly massage places. I need to look for a Thai massage one.
@kobesbuddy (19441)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I am so blessed, my back never gives me pain:) Others I know, suffer through having this happen to them, also! No, I've never had a meridian or Thai massage.
@thelme55 (11777)
You are indeed blessed @kobesbuddy . I wish me too.
@kobesbuddy (19441)
• East Tawas, Michigan
That was wonderful relief from your pain. I had no idea massages worked so well.
@thelme55 (11777)
Yes, massages work too well when having back pain. I don´t like taking medicine and so I prefer the stimulation of a back massage to ease my pain @Kandae11
That is just wonderful! You are very lucky, Thelma. I've only had deep tissue massages and am having a Swedish massage on Tuesday.
@thelme55 (11777)
Yes, I am @DianneN. Swedish massage is the mother of all massages and it is also good in treating back pain. The same as deep tissue massage. Enjoy your swedish massage Dianne.
@thelme55 Thanks for explaining the difference. All I know is how much I love them. My friend and I are going for 80 minute massages and having lunch in the spa restaurant. It's in a lovely hotel.
@thelme55 (11777)
@DianneN That´s great. Enjoy bonding together.
I would not like that at all. But it's nice that you loved it. Good for you.
@thelme55 (11777)
Yes, it was good and I am free of pain @sharon6345
@thelme55 awesome for you.
@sishy7 (27245)
Oh wow, you're lucky indeed... I heard good things about Thai massage, but I've never tried it myself... I'm not sure what meridian treatment is...
@thelme55 (11777)
Yes I am. Here is a link to Meridian massage This is indeed a good treatment @sishy7.
All about TCM Meridian Search Main menu Skip to primary content What is meridian? In TCM, meridians (also known as acupressure vessels) are energy pathways, a system or networking of invisible bodily energy (qi) channels that run and recharge the body’s en
Glad to hear it turned into a lucky day :)
@thelme55 (11777)
Yes, me too @TRBRocks420 .
@ilocosboy (33256)
Oh wow that just so nice. I had massage before but never yet with Thai or meridian massage.
@thelme55 (11777)
I hope you will experience that @ilocosboy
@franxav (3728)
I'm looking for a good massage too.
@thelme55 (11777)
I hope you will find it one day @franxav
• Portland, Connecticut
I have not had either of these types of massages but I do love a massage especially hot stone.
You are lucky to have people massaging you. The closest massage I could ever have is the rollers.
some malls have massage chairs that are coin-operated.
@hereandthere I know those two. Not sure if they have those today.
@thelme55 (11777)
@hereandthere really? Coin operated? I am glad my massage chair is not coin operated or else I will get bankrupt.
@kepweng (6325)
i have tried thai massage but meridian No Idea??
@thelme55 (11777)
I see. Maybe one day you can try it @kepweng
That was very lucky that you were able to have on the spot massages, and that your problem was solved.
@thelme55 (11777)
Yes, I was lucky indeed @jaboUK. I don't have pain now.
@antonbunot (9493)
• Calgary, Alberta
I guess I need that kind of massage so badly. I got a terrible tummy pain. O, wait, it must be the kare-kare and dinuguan I ate yesterday.
@thelme55 (11777)
Yummy! Maybe you have eaten so much to have stomach pain @antonbunot
@hereandthere (24042)
i'm glad you were treated onsite so you were able to go home feeling all right and able to work again tomorrow.
@thelme55 (11777)
I am glad about that, too @hereandthere.