I Ate Too Much

I don't do that. I don't eat too much. I eat enough, and then I stop. Since I lost 25 pounds I haven't even eaten until I was full. Because I think if I feel full it's too much. That's just my own personal well being, not for anyone else. But tonight I ate more than I should without realizing it, and I don't feel too well. It's like when you eat bland food for two months, and then you go eat Mexican food. Your body makes you pay! I'm going to ask a question, and I want to see if anyone who grew up in the country knows it. In the country, what do people say when they're full? I'm as full as a ...... When is the last time you ate too much?
As a turkey.
I have heard a few if them over the years and my favorite has been I'm as full as a tick on a hound dog. Every eating is never a good feeling. I did it a few days ago.
I'm definitely talking about a version of the tick thing.
@AmbiePam oh cool
We used to say full as a chook (chicken) or full as a goog (egg). It's been a while since I ate too much. I lost quite a bit of weight and am determined not to put it back on.
Good for you! Thanks for reaching me something new.
We always just say that I'm stuffed-full. But that's us. Now I'm going to read the other replies to see what others say.....
Well, my mom's family says they are stuffed, like you. My dad's family is country, and my mom always wished he'd keep that saying to himself. My dad has manners, but my mom was very classy. She just didn't go for that kind of thing.
• Marion, Kansas
Full as a tick comes to my mind.
I KNEW you'd be the one to get it! Yeah, my dad says a version of as full as a tick on a two week...And I'll stop there as to not gross anyone out.
@AmbiePam I never heard that before.
@LoriAMoore (9745)
TICK, the answer is tick.
@sjvg1976 (13974)
We are told that one should eat in the morning like a king and Moser in afternoon and like a poor in night. So one should less in night of course half than you require.
@1creekgirl (8381)
A tick.
I grew up around the world. My grandmother used to say she was full to the top of her throat.
@JustBhem (20855)
• Davao, Philippines
During a boodle fight. I like it when I see people eating together in one single pile.
I don't eat too much that often, but I do eat til I feel full alot. Otherwise id want to snack about an hour later.
@shivamani10 (9973)
• Hyderabad, India
we say 'we had it to bloating stomach'.I never had this experience. Never..never...never...
I just say I'm full lol.
A while ago at snack time , I ate too much too. I ate glutinous rice wrapped in banana leaf, cooked in coconut milk which was so creamy and yummy, I ate the whole of it. Along with it I ate also a platter of bihon or stir-fried rice vermicille and two pieces of dinner roll with coconut jam and coffee. Oh my, I was really so full. I think, I will not have dinner this evening anymore.
It sounds amazing!
@AmbiePam I didn't eat dinner anymore. I was still so full.
@Fishmomma (11599)
You have some interesting answers and as a country gal it was tick in my area. I lived in the country a lot of years.
Yes, tick it is.
@Shellyann36 (8619)
As full as a Tick! Oh, I love going to our little local Mexican restaurant. I enjoy cooking Mexican food and I do a decent job of it but when you can go out and enjoy it while someone else cooks, it makes for an amazing meal. I would have been one to over eat as well.
I wholeheartedly agree with your response!
@KrauseHome (33267)
Anytime I try going to an all you can eat or potluck. Pretty soon it will be Thanksgiving and that is an easy one to do this with
Very true.
• Lakewood, Colorado
It does not happen often that I eat too much but when it does omgosh yes so sick feeling. Glad you lost your 25 lbs Ambie..congrats
Thank you.
@yanzalong (7885)
Haven't had any since last evening.
• Portland, Connecticut
Sorry, I guess I didn't grow up in the country I would just say I was full.