Had three book sales but will only get paid for two

I had three book sales and was very excited that I made some money, even though it was only around eleven bucks. Two of the sales were in October and the third in November. I would have earned much more for these sales had my books been purchased directly from Lulu. I realized that I will only get paid for the October sales this month. That means I will have a leftover balance from the November sale that is under $5. I need to have a minimum of $5 to get paid. So, unless I get another sale in November I will not get paid for this sale. The balance will roll over to the next month and will keep getting rolled over until I get another sale and reach or exceed $5. I hate that there are minimums in place even for published authors and book sales...
@dpk262006 (54812)
Hope new readers find your books worth purchasing and buy your books so that you could get money in return. All the best.
Thank you! I wish I knew how to get more new readers and increase sales.
@dpk262006 (54812)
@lovebuglena If your book(s) is interesting, readers would like to read it.
@dpk262006 A lot of people would rather spend money on something other than a poetry book.
Hope you sell at least a couple more. It's a bit tough having to wait for your money.
It is. Good thing that I consider being an author a side thing and that my husband works. Can't really live off book sales, especially if the books are mostly poetry/lyric ones. Sales for these types of books are generally low.
@lovebuglena I can imagine sales are low for some genres.
At least you don't lose anything. It rolls over to an eventual payout.
I had contacted support about that sale. The revenue was much lower than it should have been.They ended up adjusting my revenue for it and now I have more than $5, so will get paid mid-month.
@LeaPea2417 (15388)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Good luck on more sales.
Thank you! I always welcome new sales and check to see if I have any new ones. Thing is, that sales that happen on Amazon, etc. don't show up in my account until either the last day of the month or beginning of the following month for that previous month. So, when I check for any new sales and see none I may think I have no new sales, but then it turns out I do but they just didn't appear in my account yet.
I am wishing you many more sales! It is good to hear that you have had two sales that paid.
@Corbin5 Thanks! I didn't get paid for them yet, but should this week. I remember a while back I had a sale that happened to be under $5 and it took many months before I got another one to get me to or over $5... Thought I would never see that money. Luckily, that never happened.
@Emmlex1000 (1417)
• Lagos, Nigeria
that good news that you make sales
@zarlamain (23947)
Good luck with your sales!
Thank you! Would have been great if I was able to make enough with my books to consider it a career...
@zarlamain (23947)
@lovebuglena Your welcome!
@sishy7 (27365)
At least it gets rolled over and not like you won't get paid at all... I hope you'll have more sales soon so you'll meet the minimum...
It's great that it rolls over but the only way to get paid that money is to get another sale. Hypothetically, if I never get another sale I'll never see that money. Hopefully, that will not be the case.