Artificial Intelligence takes over

@lady1993 (15543)
studying for an exam again, and i just read about the improvement in AI. It can not defeat people in Jeopardy!, chess and can even comment on sports (only the simple ones though). It is quite brilliant and scary at the same time. Since they could take over jobs or even the world... maybe? What do you think?
@m_audrey6788 (11601)
Yes they are indeed scary but there are still lapses with AI and that`s a good heart to understand each team and the helping on how they can make things more better
They will obviously make it happen!
@creativeaashish It`ll not succeed long time
But that's still a long way to go! ISN'T IT?
@JustBhem (22370)
• Davao, Philippines
It makes me scared if someday AI will take over the world. Like how about us? Lol
That's the common problem for all of us!!!!
@JustBhem (22370)
• Davao, Philippines
@creativeaashish I think so.
@lady1993 (15543)
@JustBhem we can all either run out of jobs or live comfortable lives
I do think the same. AI is scary of course but I believe we should be able to control over them. After all it is the human to build them. Isn't it?
Thank you!
Welcome!
@ilocosboy (33256)
Maybe it cannot for now but in the near future may be they can.
@lady1993 (15543)
yeah, fortunate our technology is still far from what is shown in fiction
@ilocosboy (33256)
we are still fortunate, but some day this fiction stories will come to realize.
@lady1993 (15543)
@ilocosboy not in this lifetime hopefully
• Laguna, Philippines
I REALLY am so fascinated to AI. I study how to make one online. It is hard but it is so interesting for me that I can't stop myself from studying it. I like how the movies "her", "iRobot", etc show the possibility of a perfect AI. I, on the contrary, do not want to have an AI Robot killing humans. I know that the developers are ready for this so they make a kill switch for it that can only be switch manually.
Yeah Jennison, AI is a great field to be interested in. I love it too, and pray that there would be enough safety measures while dealing with the humans!
@lady1993 (15543)
@jennisonpangan i have watched all those movies too humans should be smart enough to have a kill switch indeed
@Asylum (47187)
• Manchester, England
These days we need artificial intelligence because there is little of the real type around.
@lady1993 (15543)
i had to read you response a few times before i got it. but yeah, you do have a point
@Asylum (47187)
• Manchester, England
@lady1993 Yes, it is sadly true.
@shivamani10 (10603)
• Hyderabad, India
it is quite common. Intelligence rules everything and everywhere. No one can deny this truth.
But AI is something human designs so basically the matter is we should be able to control over it!
@lady1993 (15543)
@shivamani10 indeed, let's just hope they won't outsmart the humans someday, right @creativeaashish ?
@iridion9 (2325)
AI has many PROS and CONS. The primary PROS are for corporations and business owners, because this means cheaper and better work force.
I loved to read your view! Thanks very much!
@lady1993 (15543)
@iridion9 indeed, it is the big companies that are funding these developments
@rey123 (713)
Hope that does'nt happen......Hearing of the slaughterbots and sophie and many more....I'm scared that AI might over power us......
@lady1993 (15543)
who are slaughter bots and sophie? are they real?
@hereandthere (24042)
when kasparov played chess with deep blue back in the 1990s, i guess that was an example of artificial intelligence?
@lady1993 (15543)
yes, that was one of the first examples... but it cannot learn another game, only chess