Do you shop at JC Penney?

I have to say that I never did. It was and is an anchor store in our local mall but I always just parked there and walked through it to get to the stores or job that I really wanted to be at. My impression was always that it was a "cheaper" store with mediocre clothes and products. I recently read an article that predicted that JC Penney (aka JCP) will be one of the next 5 brands to disappear in the US. I just asked a friend of mine who is a higher-up in the company and he totally agreed. His response: "top 3". I know recently they have included Sephora mini-shops and large appliances in their offerings. I would have thought that would have helped them. Do you shop at JC Penney?
@Daelii (5941)
I don't usually but they had a deal.going on last time that was to good to pass up! They handed out 10$ off 10$ purchase coupons and had clearance items with an additional 60%off. So I walked out with a few shirts and only paid 8 cents!
WOW!
That is my kind of shopping.
There are no JCP's left around here.
I believe it
• Eugene, Oregon
@JohnRoberts No kidding, all gone from the malls in LA?
@JamesHxstatic None are around where I live.
• Eugene, Oregon
I have, but not for years. They are an anchor in the mall here too, along with Macy's which is not doing well either. Sears is on the verge of extinction too.
Yes I read an article today asking "which will disappear first? Sears or JC Penney?"
I think in recent years they have tried to bump up their mediocre product reputation . . . but still there is something lacking about the store in general. I have shopped there occasionally, but not in a long time - it's just not a place I think to shop at most times (unless I have a nice coupon which I haven't gotten in months). I don't doubt it will eventually disappear . . . I can think of some other department stores that are probably right next to them in the top 5.
I normally don't do department stores in general. I'd rather a store that specializes in one thing.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I haven't in years.
Seems like no one has which is the problem
@Scrapper88 (1332)
I shop there every now and then. The closest one to me is over 50 miles away.
Closest one to me is like 2 miles away and I NEVER go. There's even a Sephora shop inside with my beloved philosophy products there. Nope.
When kay was little but not since then. The clothes are not worth the price tags.
I always thought the clothes were cheap.
I haven't shopped there in years. Like you, I usually just walk through it.
@kobesbuddy (55669)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Not often, their prices have sky-rocketed lately.
It always cost more and many times had identical clothes to Wal Mart. I also noted about fifteen or twenty years ago that it had a sale every week. . . why not just lower prices always.