Under the Gun

I'm really feeling the pressure since it's only one day until Thanksgiving. Going to my daughters takes away a lot of the stress but having overnight guests isn't exactly my cup of tea. My aunt and uncle arrived late last night, slept in this morning and we had brunch rather than breakfast. Now they are showering and getting ready to depart for their sons in Maryland. I give them credit since they are both in their mid 80's and still travel. Later this afternoon I have to start making my turnips which I'll bring for tomorrow and my daughter is making a cheesy broccoli bake which she's bringing. I haven't had much time to spend here the last few days and I don't know how much I can do today either. I want to wish all my friends here a wonderful Thanksgiving (for all who celebrate) and as always hope everyone is having a good day.
Mmm that cheesy broccoli bake sounds amazing. I'm in charge of the mashed potatoes. I am making cookies today to take to dinner tomorrow as well.
You go and have fun! Happy Thanksgiving if I do not read ya tomorrow.
Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving too. I panic too! My husband has a tendency to invite people when I least expect it. He has so many friends at the dog park, wonderful folks by the way, and when he and Molly were late arriving home from the dog park, I kept thinking, "I bet he has invited more people for tomorrow." Thank goodness, this time he did not. He has done that inviting on the spur of the moment in the past. Whew!
• Portland, Connecticut
Sounds like you had some great food at your Thanksgiving feast. I really love the fact that my son hosts as well. I will host Christmas.
@Blondie2222 (18247)
Well don't think about the stress and just have fun. What we do at my sister's is everyone brings their own dish to pass and their own drinks. All my sister made was the turkey and cooked the ham my dad brought and it turned out great.
I am glad you are going to celebrate to your daughters place, enjoy the day and have fun.
Having guests does tend to throw your schedule out the door, doesn't it?
• Lakewood, Colorado
Thanks sweet friend.. a very happy one to you as well xoxoox
Happy one there for you.Enjoy your day tomorrow.
Thank You and I hope you enjoy your day!
Enjoy a great family holiday and feast.
• Riga, Latvia
No Thanksgiving here but I do miss it. Wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy.
@1creekgirl (8789)
Hope your Thanksgiving is the best one ever! Since we celebrated last weekend, we'll probably have a small meal at home.
@Platespinner (18579)
I need to go make a couple of pies. I'm not feeling terribly productive at the moment.
Happy early thanksgiving to you as well
@Dyvette16 (1361)
• San Antonio, Texas
Hope they have a safe trip and y’all have a great Thanksgiving!
@sallypup (22047)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.
@alberello75 (13223)
• Genova, Italy
My wish goes to you. Good, Thanksgiving Day In italy doesn't exist this tradiction