Weird Word Wednesday

Tonight's weird word seems especially timely for those of us in the US who are preparing for Thanksgiving! I'm fairly relaxed at the moment, but Sunday morning, I'll be scurryfunging, I'm sure! Our two kids and their families are coming over for the Thanksgiving feast this year. We're hosting it on Sunday, since they will be spending time with their in-laws tomorrow. This is a great word, isn't it? A fun one, in my opinion. Fun to say, not so fun to do.
@cahaya1983 (9477)
That sounds very familiar. I guess I am somewhat guilty of that, although we don't really have guests over very often.
Some people have everything clean and in perfect order in their homes at all times. But I think most people don't! Like me and you. Thanks for your comment @cahaya.
@BloggerDi Yes! Sometimes people go like "Oh wow everything's neat and tidy in here!" and I'd tell them it's just an optical illusion.
Oh I like that word only in my case I'd probably mispronounce it. Scurryfunge, hmmmmm, I'm not guilty of that but maybe I should be.
I don't worry too much either. I just scurryfunge a little, especially when the kids are coming over. They don't care if the house is a bit messy. :) Thank you @rebelann.
I think if I had kids they'd avoid my house @BloggerDi That could work cuz then I'd go to theirs.
@renicemae (2269)
You are right there But cleaning should be done even once in a week?
Yes, but my husband and I tend to leave clutter around the house too often. He does it more than I do! Haha, I'm passing the blame, but it's true. Thanks for commenting @renicemae.
@renicemae (2269)
@BloggerDi Haha. I guess that's just the nature of men.
@Frenzys9 (115)
Wow sounds like you had a busy day! Hope it went smoothly
Hi @Frenzys9. Thanks! All went well. The food was wonderful (my husband was the main chef) and we had a lot of fun. I have 3 granddaughters, ages 5 and under. They make any get-together festive!
@milkdtea (40)
Glad to know that there's actually an English word for that! :) A lot of people criticize English because it isn't as rich as German, Indonesian, etc. But there are still unpopular words from the language :)
Yes, me too! Thanks for sharing @milkdtea.
@sallypup (21795)
• Moses Lake, Washington
That almost sounds like a dirty word or an insult.
Oh my! Now that you mention it, it does! Thanks @sallypup.
Scurryfunge..sounds good to me!
Weird but good! Thanks @snowy22315.
@UmiNoor (3427)
It is a very strange word and not something I would use in a conversation.
Thank you @UmiNoor. I agree, Even though I like the word, I'm not really likely to use it.
@FayeHazel (11583)
Ah ha ha... I didn't know there was an actual word for this :-)