Have you tried banana bread?

@thelme55 (11842)
Germany
Yesterday evening, I baked the banana bread mixture my hubby bought from Aldi. I asked my hubby why he bought the pre-made mixture for baking banana bread? He told me that he just want to try the product and want to know if it is better than what I usually baked. Well, that banana bread will be our breakfast and I will bring some with me for my lunch at work. I wonder how it will taste. I have not tried baking banana bread from a bought mixture. Do you buy a pre-mixture of banana bread or other for baking bread or cakes? I don't. I just mix my own ingredients for baking. Thanks for reading. I hope you are all fine. Happy Thanksgiving everyone who celebrate it.
I love banana bread. My mother prepares it from scratch beginning with overripe bananas.
@thelme55 (11842)
Yes, that is how I bake banana bread or cake. From scratch when my bananas are over ripe @JohnRoberts
@JohnRoberts, Yes, I use 3 overripe bananas for the bread.
I always make my banana bread from scratch.
@thelme55 (11842)
I do that too @marlina until my hubby brought the premixed banana bread for baking. That was the first and the last time for me to bake. Better make my own self made ingredients.
@thelme55 I have never used a mix .
• Denmark
You should have included what you and your husband think about the taste.
@thelme55 (11842)
@MALUSE, I have just tasted it today before going to work but my hubby not yet. I brought some slices for my lunch at work and it is delicious. I have to ask my hubby when I am home.
@pgntwo (21736)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Dr Oetker wouldn't have created such a variety, I doubt, @MALUSE.
• Denmark
@pgntwo You do know Germany if you know Dr Oetker!
I don't bake very often but I always start from scratch although I do believe the pre-mix stuff is pretty good.
@thelme55 (11842)
Yes, it is good I should say. The banana bread is delicious indeed. I have eaten some slices already @JudyEv
Never used the pre mix for banana bread.
@thelme55 You're making me hungry.
@Srbageldog (5487)
I have never made it from a pre-mixture. I have always just made it from scratch.
@thelme55 (11842)
Just like me @Srbageldog until now. I have tasted it already and it was delicious.
@thelme55 Is it easier to make from a mix than from scratch?
@thelme55 (11842)
@Srbageldog yes, it is as you only have to add 1 or 2 ingredients for the recipe.
@m_audrey6788 (11601)
I love banana cake my husband too
@pgntwo (21736)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
I am sure he is delighted to hear that I jest...
@pgntwo (21736)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@m_audrey6788 "I love... ...my husband too"
I have made many loaves in the past. I love this stuff and hope you do too!
@thelme55 (11842)
Yes, am beginning to like it @maezee. The banana bread I baked is yummy.
I have never made banana bread before.
@prashu228 (22895)
I never tried banana bread, reada a lot about it here. I think i should try preparing it
@gibocam (358)
I like eating banana bread. This also reminds me of someone I knew that it cured his upset stomach. I'm not really sure though if he was telling the truth.
I always make it from scratch too.
@thelme55 (11842)
Me, too @Happy2BeMe. But this time I baked it from the ready mixed ingredients hubby brought from Aldi. I wouldn't do it again though as I had a heartburn that day when I have eaten the banana bread and I wondered why.
@thelme55 must have been something in it
@thelme55 (11842)
@Happy2BeMe yes, maybe. My tummy is sensitive. Maybe the company of that product has put something that my tummy can't stand.
I only bought a mixture for a Tirolean cake and it was so bad compared to what I do at home that I never tried anything ready made again.
@thelme55 (11842)
So you have a bad experience with ready made mixes for baking. I do have now. The banana bread that I made in the photo above was really delicious but I got heartburn from eating them. I wonder why @LadyDuck
@thelme55 I think they add ingredients that we would never use and we have too much the habit to do everything at home from scratch.
@thelme55 (11842)
@LadyDuck yes, I think they added something in that mixed ingredients. Besides that, we are use to baking from scratch.
@ridingbet (37922)
yes and it is delicious, no need for a spread. well, maybe mayonnaise.
@thelme55 (11842)
Mayonnaise for a banana bread? Sounds weird @ridingbet. I will try with mayonnaise to know how it tastes.
@ridingbet (37922)
@thelme55 i usually top my slice of banana bread with mayo. for me, it tastes good. but each has her own palate.
@thelme55 (11842)
@ridingbet you are right. We have different taste.
I always bake mine from scratch. Let us know how that tastes.
@thelme55 (11842)
I do too @Kandae11. This is the first time I baked banana bread from a ready mix. It was delicious but after eating slices of the banana bread, I had hartburn. I wonder why.
@EddieHands (33015)
yes tried and I like it! I will be right there.. to eat it all!
@thelme55 (11842)
Yes, you can come and eat the leftover banana bread @EddieHands. I have not eaten much as I had heartburn after eating this food. What a pity. I love banana bread.
Yes, I love banana bread and, happy Thanksgiving.
@thelme55 (11842)
Thank you. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too @TRBRocks
@rubyriaz007 (2512)
Yes, I have tried banana bread.I liked it very much. I had bought it from the store. I have never tried making it at home.
@pgntwo (21736)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Banana bread is the final resting place for over-ripe bananas - you don't get them as a pre-mix from Aldi. Now Sara Lee's, Dr. Oetker's or Betty Crocker's chocolate cake mix is an entirely different matter...
@digiguru (423)
• Bangalore, India
Nice one.. You can put the recipe here so we can alsl try making it.
@louievill (16346)
We never made or baked our banana bread cause a cheap version is always available in a bake shop near us and we could alao buy the more expensive and authentic ones in a mall also near by. Commercial banana bread most of the time contain artificial banana flavor which is an entirely different thing from banana, I think it would be wise to read the ingredients in the packet, you are a good cook so it wont be hard to modify or add real bananas if needed lol.