I Told You So

@nanette64 (17836)
Fairfield, Texas
Back on 10/16/15 I had written a post called "Acid Reflux?" to explain what it is truly caused by and how to treat it naturally. But nooooo, everybody just wants to pop a pill. Well, on 8/23/16 there was an article done (which I have given a link to below) that stated there were 15 million users of Prilosec, Nexium, Prevacid, Protonix, AciPhex and Zegrid. These drugs have caused Kidney injury and led to Kidney Failure and Dialysis. And of course because the pharmaceutical companies have made $6 BILLION dollars in sales, people still continue to use these meds instead of using common sense. Last night I saw a commercial for a law agency who are starting lawsuits on behalf of all the people who have wound up with kidney injury due to these products. Ya think???!!! If you're interested in reading what I said a year before that article on the dangers of these meds came out; scroll back through my posts to the time-frame that I gave that I wrote the post. (10/16/15).
As many as 15 million people in the US are regular users of popular antacid medications. Sold both over the counter and by prescription the medications are heavily marketed direct to consumers under brand names like Nexium, Prevacid, Prilosec, Protonix, Ac
@WorDazza (10100)
• Manchester, England
I've just read an article in Men's Health magazine about the dangers of excessive use of over the counter painkillers. Things like paracetemol and ibuprofen can cause a variety of stomach and digestive tract issues. I avoid painkillers whenever possible!
@nanette64 (17836)
• Fairfield, Texas
Me too @WorDazza . An aspirin is my last resort.
@nanette64 (17836)
• Fairfield, Texas
@thehousewife And it's scary to think that 'doctors' are part of the problem. But then again, they do get a stipend from the pharmaceutical companies don't they!
@WorDazza (10100)
• Manchester, England
@nanette64 Apparently many sportspeople are taking them as a matter of course to try to ward off pain during and after training. A prominent England rugby player was left with ulcerative colitis because of his habitual use.
I think you can include the link to your post. It would make it easier for the members to find it.
Yes, she could add the link and have people copy/paste it
@nanette64 (17836)
• Fairfield, Texas
I can thank JJ for that; since he did it for me @MALUSE .
So far I am lucky. I take no meds. I think if possible treating things naturally is the best way.
@nanette64 (17836)
• Fairfield, Texas
You got that right @RasmaSandra . I think the main problem is that a lot of people don't want to take the 'time' to figure it out. Besides the first thing a doctors does is reach for his script pad and because they all have 'special initials' behind their names, they must be right. They all think they 'walk on water'.
It seems that there will be more and more OTC meds that will do severe damage to the human body. Best to find a natural remedy, if possible. People have a tendency to overdo the OTC meds and take more than the recommended dosage. I think many people equate OTC with SAFE.
@nanette64 (17836)
• Fairfield, Texas
I think they do too @Corbin5 . I hate popping any kind of pill. I'm surprised I don't have 40 children considering I hated even taking Birth Control Pills.
@cahaya1983 (10039)
I hate popping pills. I know some people run for the pill as soon as they're sick. I could never do that.
@nanette64 (17836)
• Fairfield, Texas
I don't either @cahaya1983 . It takes a lot for me to just take an aspirin.
@acelawrites (12227)
I don't like to take synthetic meds; so am using some natural remedies when having acid reflux.
@nanette64 (17836)
• Fairfield, Texas
And that's the best way to go @acelawrites .
@1hopefulman (31606)
When I developed AR, I tried meds and other avenues but I only was helped when I started eating differently. It is a real challenge dealing with AR.
@nanette64 (17836)
• Fairfield, Texas
It can make a huge difference @1hopefulman .
Glad I think have to take those medications.