Why did I say that?

@sallypup (22095)
Moses Lake, Washington
Last Saturday we went with a friend to The Christmas Story play. What fun! I've never seen the TV movie so Ralphie boy and his deep need for a Red Ryder BB gun was new to me. What fun! The play was a musical and hilarious. Just as the play was getting done, Santa came out. He asked a lady to my left what she wanted for Christmas. She said something and he laughed and then huh?? Santa suddenly turned his beady eyes on me and said, "What do you want for Christmas?" Why did I say that? He was on the stage looking, waiting. I sat in my theater seat and out popped "CATS!" That's what I gave as an answer to what I must have for Christmas. He mumbled something like crazy lady before hassling someone else. Even my half deaf hubby heard me and boy did we have fun laughing at my outburst. By the way, I don't need cats. Sonny James big boy kitty cat is lying on my lap right now.
Love it! I love that movie.
@sallypup (22095)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@andriaperry The sound effects for the play were fantastic. The Dad would be coming home through the fake door and the neighbor hounds would start up like they were going to rip his pants off. He'd cuss at them as he tried to get in the door.
good answer though
That is pretty funny. That must be a deeply hidden wish to suddenly burst out like that.
@sallypup (22095)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JudyEv I do love cats and I hate when I see my neighbor's sorry excuse for kittens. Hurts me deeply cause I can't do anything about it.
@peachpurple (10708)
cats! A good one
@sallypup (22095)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@peachpurple I guess I had cats on my brain.
@cahaya1983 (9728)
That's funny. I'm sure he didn't expect that, but you gave a good answer!
What a fun play that would be to see.
@valmnz (13198)
• New Zealand
I love it! When asked a similar question for his birthday my husband blurted a new electric jug. I have no idea why.
@sallypup (22095)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@valmnz Pardon the question. You have intrigued me. What is a new electric jug?
@valmnz (13198)
• New Zealand
@sallypup do you call them kettles there? Something in which to boil water.
@sallypup (22095)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@valmnz Now I have to laugh. An electric tea pot or kettle. Why does that sound like something an old lady would want and not a guy?
Uhhh, I'll send ya Max n Meetzee ...........
@sallypup (22095)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@rebelann What a riot that would be, your two cuties with my my current three, a very angry hubby and two excited dogs......
You'll need to protect the dogs @sallypup Meetzee attacks dogs, even the big ones.
@sallypup (22095)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@rebelann Little Leah likes to bully cats. We'd have to construct some fences.
• Eugene, Oregon
Cats? Really? Strange request. You are lucky Sonny James is speaking to you.
@sallypup (22095)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JamesHxstatic I am addicted and yes, I am lucky when it comes to Sonny James. I brought Saia into the fold and God help us all after that addition.
• Eugene, Oregon
@sallypup Truly
• Portland, Connecticut
lol They need to give us seniors a little time to think, this is a very important matter!! I have no idea what would have popped out of my mouth maybe dogs lol
@sallypup (22095)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@BelleStarr You're right. Spot on. It was a senior moment.
I need two kittens but I am waiting until next summer to get two.
@sallypup (22095)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@jstory07 You sound like you are a good cat Mom. I hope you adopt two sweet kitty cats.
I guess under pressure we blurt out anything. I would have said a big bag of $50's. A Christmas Story is one of my favorite Christmas movies. There is a channel that plays it non-stop on Christmas eve and Christmas day. I usually turn it on to watch it as I wrap a few gifts.