Don't put makeup on no one cares!

My 13 year old daughter left her homework folder and science book home today. When I saw it on the table after she left I groaned and started putting makeup on. My son heard the phone ring and brought it to me. It was my daughter asking me to bring her things to her. I told her it would be there in ten minutes. She said ten minutes was to long and said "Don't put your makeup on no one cares." Well girl I care and I wear makeup for myself not for others! It makes me feel more confident.
Kids really do not filter what they say, but such are kids!!! I always wear makeup if I am to be out of the house. Heck, I wear it all day long even if I do not leave the house.
The first thing my mother always did when she woke up was put on eyeliner and mascara. That’s all she ever wore but it was a big difference to her looks. She looks sickly without it.
@shaggin My mom did too.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I have gone to where I only wear makeup on my days off at home I don't want to mess with it at work.
I am the opposite I don't wear it if I don't go out and see anyone. At home my skin needs a break from the makeup.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@shaggin I'll wear it sometimes when I go out but at work I'm in and out of the cold and the hot and sweating too much that it just doesn't matter. I will wear mascara most days though
@thislittlepennyearns I would need waterproof mascara at your job it sounds like. What is it you do for work?
@sjvg1976 (14597)
If I were in your place I would not have wasted my time in putting on make up.
She's a straight A student and has the second highest gpa in her grade so her teacher will cut her some slack if her homework is ten minutes late.
@sjvg1976 (14597)
@shaggin that's is why she was asking you to come to her at the earliest . You knew it so why you wasted time. You daughter knows you better.
@sjvg1976 Yep she knew before I said anything that I won't leave the house until I have makeup on.
Do you just luv 'em? Haha. Teenage daughters? And good for you, stopping to put on your make-up.
I usually share these things on facebook but decided to share it here instead. Glad to see it gave some people a little chuckle.
@shaggin It certainly gave me a chuckle.
I can relate, I do not like to go out without wearing makeup.
@bunnybon7 (33075)
• Holiday, Florida
thats funny. yes some of us have to have it for our own well being. but some don't understand. my mom would not step out of the house with out it. i started out that way at 14 yrs. , but kept getting told it didn't work for me by others. so i got to where i seldom wore it. now i wish i had worn it more because i don;t know how to apply it right. never learned
If you feel okay without it then that is awesome! It is harder to apply as we get older due to wrinkles etc. I started wearing it daily when I was 12 stopped for a year then started again and have worn it anytime I leave the house since and I am 34. My mother put eyeliner and mascara on as soon as she woke up always!
@bunnybon7 (33075)
• Holiday, Florida
@shaggin i knew a lady i worked for that had me come at 7 am to clean her house and she came to the door fully dressed in a nice outfit and all her make-up on . she was 82 yrs and looked better then me at 55 yrs. lol. she did this even when she was staying home all day
@bunnybon7 aww that is so cute I love to see old ladies looking so elegant.
@bluesa (12812)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Lol! You have the right to your make-up! And yes, it is for yourself, as long as you are happy with it that is what counts.
I like wearing it so I do :) She looks pretty without makeup and I hope she is always comfortable in her own skin. She has terrible acne though I need to get her to a dermatologist.
@bluesa (12812)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@shaggin I had acne too, it is such a problem. But it is good your daughter is comfortable in her own skin, so few teens are.
@bluesa I had it bad as a teen but I think hers is even worse I still have it but its not to bad. The last year I've had it on my body that bothers me a lot!
I can relate from a very subtle stand point: when I want to enhance my already super cute face, I'll put the appropriate cosmetic enhancers and dazzle people but to just go somewhere like grocery shop or library, what the heck for ?
I just like to look good. I feel ugly and don’t like people seeing me that way. I feel more confident if I have makeup on. Your so lucky you are cute and have excellent confidence!
@shaggin I feed that concept of myself and some can even call it the arrogant bi**h syndrome I socially yield when confronted by lets say 'the fashion police' . . . I laughed when a great guy I was dating once said, "God don't like ugly" and he meant it by what comes from within radiating out is not always nice so to work on that first instead of covering what appearances to some appear as 'ugly' can be very beautiful indeed. Does that make sense my beautiful girl without make up ?
@enlightenedpsych2 In high school I had that syndrome but it was all an act I put on so people would not know how shy and insecure I was. If I laughed at their taunts they couldn't get the satisfaction from hurting me. For the most part I think I am beautiful on the inside and that is much more important then being pretty on the outside.
@averygirl72 (13959)
We use to put make up when going out. If it's your habit you will always do that. I'm used to going out without makeup now. I look plain when going out now. But we always look good with at least lipstick
I can go without lipstick as it doesn't really do much for my looks with my tiny mouth. I absolutely cannot go out without at least foundation as my skin has so much redness and blemishes its embarassing.
@averygirl72 (13959)
@shaggin Yeah at least a face powder to look fresh and not oily face. Yeah I understand
• Marion, Kansas
@shaggin I love these BB creams, even the cheap ones. They seem to heal the breakouts I still get in my old age. They even the skin tone and do not seem to rub off on everything. I treat it like moisturizer, and am pleased with all the good things it does.
Lol! I'm with you on that one! I never leave home without it.
I thought so since you agreed about wearing sunglasses to hide no eye makeup like I do.
@DianneN Ohh I use so few of the mylot code emojis that I didn’t realize there was one with sunglasses
@Platespinner (18533)
I'm too lazy for makeup. I am what I am.
There is nothing wrong with that at all. I definitely look a lot different with makeup. I draw the line at all that contouring and eyebrow shaping etc. I wear foundation, a small amount of eyeliner, mascara, blush, eyeshadow and lipstick. That’s enough junk on my face without contouring and all that.
@shaggin I don't like the feel of products on my face. Especially in the summer when it's hot and humid!
@Platespinner It does feel gross but I’m used to it since I’be been doing it since I was 12.
@valmnz (13162)
• New Zealand
I'm afraid I'm a bit of a natural girl and don't wear makeup unless I have to.
I think that’s wonderful!
@valmnz (13162)
• New Zealand
@shaggin I think it's probably more acceptable here than in your country.
@valmnz Hmm I'm really not sure. I know at least as many women who wear makeup then who don't.
That was a bit tactless of your daughter. Good for you - you do it for yourself.
I didn't learn tact until well into my 20s
@shaggin Me neither, and your daughter has plenty of time to learn as she's only 13.
@jaboUK I had no filter so I said anything that popped in my head. She is pretty blunt at home but hopefully out around other adults she remembers to use tact more. Her teachers love her so I assume thats more the case.
When I leave the house I have to have make up on too. When at home I do not need it unless someone is coming to do something here.
Same here as well as with quite a few other mylot members who feel the same
@shaggin Well, that is nice to know there are others that feel the same way.
• Guangdong, China
well, I seldom put makeup on.
That’s great you don’t feel the need to wear it all the time. Sure saves money!
• Guangdong, China
@shaggin it did save money.
I don't wear make up. But, you should do you. Not your fault she forgot her homework folder and you had to go drop it off for her. :P
Yep I tried to get it there as quick as I could but taking a few minutes to throw makeup on wouldn’t kill her to wait. I’m glad she cares so much about getting good grades though.
@shaggin Yes, few minutes for you to get ready won't. But glad she's doing well in school :)
I agree with you. We dress to please us and no other (lol)
Exactly why I've worn the same boots the past 5+ years that my boyfriend hates He said he is buying me a new pair for Christmas but I probably would still wear these boots I love anyway
@FayeHazel (11737)
Ha ha, oh dear what attitude already. Good for you, actually I hope daughter hear you say that. It's an important lesson in self esteem.
When she was small and would ask why I wore makeup I didn’t want her to know I think I’m ugly and to think someday she should wear it so I would tell her I just liked to get fancied up.
@FayeHazel (11737)
@shaggin Oh dear, I am sure that you aren't ugly, but I do feel that -- we are our own worst enemies. I am happy you answered daughter that way. It seems best.
@josie_ (5114)
You have a very observant 13 year old. Most teenagers today have a short attention span given the wide variety of distraction available...which was probably the reason she left her homework behind.
Actually it was our puppy biting at her shoelaces as she was already running late that caused her to forget her binder and book.
@josie_ (5114)
@shaggin _Yes puppies are cute and quite...distracting.
@cahaya1983 (9593)
So I guess you don't have to worry about your daughter spending her allowance on makeup!
Lol nope she prefers band cds and other merchandise of her favorite bands which is always growing. She wanted eye liner so I bought her some but with the eye condition she was born with (nystagmus) she couldn't put it on.