Booking a hotel is frustrating

@tzwrites (3821)
Romania
Have you tried to book a hotel lately? I need to book hotels for my upcoming trip and I have noticed that even though there are reviews by so-called guests about the hotel, usually the reviews and photos don't represent the hotel accurately. This past summer I booked a hotel with a good rating but when I got there it was okay but not as nice looking as the photos and definitely not as amazing as the reviews said. Hence, I am hesitant and not sure what to book.
@JustBhem (22644)
• Davao, Philippines
A friend experience this too. And what she did the next time, she did not book but come as a walk in.
@tzwrites (3821)
I wonder if its more expensive that way
@JustBhem (22644)
• Davao, Philippines
@tzwrites I think so.
You do have to be lucky when booking 'sight unseen', but it's impractical to go everywhere first to check them out!
@tzwrites (3821)
I know, but still I wish sites like booking dot com were more accurate.
@tzwrites Have you checked out Trip Adviser?
@sishy7 (27370)
Yes, unfortunately the reality is often not as beautiful as its online presentation... Maybe it's safer to book online places that we already knew or heard of before offline... Good luck!
@tzwrites (3821)
Exactly. But as I have never been to the city before, it's kind of hard.
@sishy7 (27370)
@tzwrites I understand... Ask someone you know who has been to the city, maybe?
It is better to research some more and if you can also watch a vlog regarding the hotel the next time it will be a big help i do that alot.
@tzwrites (3821)
That's a good idea, I will check around
I read a review about an attraction quite a long way from here which the author of the review had said was amazing, when we got there it was absolutely dire - I don't take too much notice of reviews now, which is weird as I review quite a lot of stuff myself!
@tzwrites (3821)
I can imagine. I tend to read reviews before splurging on a hotel but I am very cautious now.
I usually try to stay at the same brand name hotels. They rarely disappoint. Good luck booking!
@tzwrites (3821)
Thanks. Yeah, I prefer big brands since they are a safer bet.
I consider the reputation of the hotel. Many people will write reviews that aren't the best based on an experience, giving a misleading representation of the hotel. Every experience is different.
@tzwrites (3821)
Exactly. I think it's tough nowadays to distinguish between a 3 star and a 4 star hotel.
@tzwrites Generally a Holiday Inn is a three star. If you go onto the booking sites, they do show the star ratings for the different hotels and they need to live up to the rating they have. I just don't pay attention to the reviews because some people are very picky about what they want or expect in a hotel. Expecting five star quality in a three star hotel is unreasonable.
Sometimes it is really frustrating to book online. In some instances, I preferred to call the hotels and reserved a room.
@tzwrites (3821)
That's also good. It decreases the chances that they will give you a different room than you booked online.
@tzwrites I think it is better to check the room first before having the reservation.
@Keyia120 (492)
Yes, make sure that you are always looking at the names too because sometimes they can be called something different and you could be looking at different photos. Yes, it can be very frustrating but I and my family love the Marriott. If we are not really looking for anything too huge then we stay at like a Super eight or something but that is only when we are traveling.
@tzwrites (3821)
The Marriott is a good one but I couldn't find any well known hotels in the period right before Christmas.
@rina110383 (23493)
No, though I have plans of traveling next year. Will probably book a flight by March 2018.
@tzwrites (3821)
Sounds good. I like traveling just not booking everything.
@ilocosboy (33293)
Sometimes their numbers are not working
@tzwrites (3821)
That is possible.
@sjvg1976 (14689)
It happens what you see in the photo is what you actually don't find in reality .
@tzwrites (3821)
Very often. I ended up finding a good hotel.
@cahaya1983 (9681)
It's hard to trust everything we see online these days, too many things are misleading. I do read reviews but also ask for recommendations from friends and relatives.