Some People Make Me So Mad.

Anniston, Alabama
All of you should know by now that on the last year Tony has lived through hell, from finding out he had lung cancer at stage 4, to being on life support, to beating it all and is now in remission. He has finally got a inhaler that he can take and breath and by taking Vitamin C he no longer has AFIB. Well, that is a lot of sh*t to live through! He set up a weekend to go somewhere and all he got was " Don`t come I will come there." But the point is he wants to "GO" there because he has not been able to go anywhere and spend the night in almost 2 years. I don`t know why people want to control others like they do but he is going, whether they will be in the area or not. Do you have people in your life that wants to control where to go?
Just Scar. Everyone else knows they can kiss my butt, I do what I want, go where I want, and it don't matter to me none what they think.
We are so alike, its scary!
@kobesbuddy (19599)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@andriaperry My family treats me like a bad omen, at their royal picnic! They can kiss off:(
@kobesbuddy I dont have much family but we all get along and treat each other with respect, Tony`s family... not so much.
@UncleJoe (8609)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I can't answer that on the grounds that it might incriminate me.
That is a good plea.
@sallypup (22016)
• Moses Lake, Washington
For quite a few years my family acted like I was a schmuck cause I refused to drive over a mountain pass to go to my Mom's birthday party in November. No and no, you dumb idiots!
LOL, No driving over that pass.
@kobesbuddy (19599)
• East Tawas, Michigan
If Tony so desires to go somewhere, that shouldn't be their choice to make! He's a grown man, who makes all his own decisions. They are definitely trying to control, whether he comes to visit or not:(
He has a free place to stay so he is going if they are there are not.
@kobesbuddy (19599)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@andriaperry They are acting rude, towards Tony:(
what kind of weekend was he going to get there.
Just visit with family that lives out of town
@andriaperry oh okay.I assume he is going.
There are always "those people" who know better than anyone else, and try to control everyone around them.
But they already know he wont listen.
@rina110383 (23472)
No one. I'm single and I don't have kids. I live alone so no one controls or attempts to control things that I want to do.
That is an awesome feeling too.
Perhaps they are thinking that the trip will be too stressful for him?
I don`t think that is it, its more stressful being stuck and no where to go.
I am glad Tony will go anyway. No, I do not have people who want to control where I go, thank goodness.
Yes be thankful.
@Srbageldog (5596)
My dad tries to control where everyone goes, but he's the one who drives everyone around. (My mom and sister don't drive and I don't have a car, so anytime we want to go out somewhere together, he throws a fit that he has to drive us...but he's the one who kept us women from driving, so I feel like he has no room to complain now. I got my license in my 20s with the help of my ex-SIL's mother, but he would never let my mom drive and refused to ever teach my sister.) I would rather take the bus than deal with him, but my mom and sister don't like doing that, so we put up with his griping.
OMG! I learned to drive a go cart when I was a kid, a bike and more, now that I think about it I have always drove something my whole life.
@andriaperry Not driving makes life a lot more challenging, that's for sure. Hopefully one day I'll be able to afford a car. My dad is such a control freak, he won't even let me take the car to drive us around when we want to go out, HE has to do it. Every car my parents have ever owned, the driver's seat conveniently "broke" so it wouldn't adjust to fit anyone's height but his (he's only 5'; we're all much taller than him)...we all know he did that on purpose so no one else could ever drive. Two of my brothers got their licenses when they were still young, no thanks to him. Other people's parents helped them get it. My one brother, the one who is always in jail, never learned to drive either.
I am always mindful that when we offer to help someone, we do what THEY want help with and how they want it done, not what we think is best for them.
True. I told him a month ago that he was fine, go do whatever. And he has been. Not just because I released him as well but the doctors told him the same thing.
• Eugene, Oregon
Thankfully, I do not and am glad.
That is a god thing.
@peavey (15874)
Sounds like they might have been trying to be helpful? I know from experience that it's really hard for people to understand things like that. I know how wonderful it was to be able to just go to the grocery store on my own and I would have been upset if someone had wanted to go for me, or even with me.
Nooo! Tony is stronger now than he has been in years.
@Ithink (6793)
No I don't and I think whoever it is that is with Tony should be told they aren't the boss. It is nice to go and get out somewhere different when you are stuck somewhere for any reason. I have never heard that about Vitamin C going to research it now.
I read it in the Life extension magazine I get at the pharmacy, the actual wording is vitamin C linked to decrease irregular heart beat
@Ithink (6793)
@andriaperry I did read up on it and I'm thinking of trying it, cant hurt none. Can I ask how much he takes a day?
@Ithink we both take the Ludens orange supplement drops, each one is 60 mg, but its says 100% daily value.
@fishtiger58 (30716)
• Momence, Illinois
Nope thankfully I don't. If you don't pay my bills you don't get to make the rules or my decisions.
That is how I feel too
@fishtiger58 (30716)
• Momence, Illinois
@andriaperry Once my sister in law wanted me to buy a 20 dollar a pound bag of coffee cus she loved it. I didn't buy it and she was mad at me, wait what???? Crazy
@tzwrites (3821)
I don't think they should have the final say. Tony should say "no, I want to go somewhere"
He is going regardless.
They should let him decide whether he wants to go there or not and not decide for him. Yes, I know people that are very controlling.
I agree.
• Marion, Kansas
Sure do. I get it.
LOL, I can bet you do, children can be this way.
I try to be independent and not allow people to control me. My husband is the same way, we are adults and try to do what's best for us.
Me too.
• Rochester, New York
My mom is like that. She likes to be in control of everything.
This one is so bad that people don`t like to be around them.