I gave my number to two strangers!

I normally wouldn't, but I listed a 50" TV on Craigslist that we're trying to get rid of. The TV just stopped working all of a sudden, but if someone knows how to fix it, they have themselves a nice TV. I received two offers and they said they'll come get it after work so, I gave them my number and no one ever texted me. Bunch of flakers. Now two strangers have my number, uh! Not like they'll do anything with my number, but still. Less people who know my number, the better. I've had the same cell phone number for over 15 years. Do you change your phone number often?
I do not change my phone number often, I have the same number from 18 years.
That's amazing. :) Looks like a lot of myLotters including you & I, we've kept our numbers for a long time., hehe.
We have had our number for more than 20 years already (land line)
@marlina We have the landline number from the day we bought this house, 18 years ago. In Monte-Carlo we had the same number for 30 years.
I have had the same phone number for twenty years.
For my cell phone I've had the same number since I gotten a phone. :)
Only had 3 numbers. As went from trac to contract, to another contract.
Oh I see! This is my 1st number since I was 15/16 years old.
@infatuatedbby yeah, i started out with a tracdone at about 13. And then got on a contract with my ex when we were together then got my own phone when we broke up
@Courtlynn Or maybe I was younger, I got my phone in middle school. Oh yes, my boyfriend (now fiancé) and I had a phone line together too. I had 2 phones at one point for a year and half. Then he merged to my line (when unlimited calling wasn't a thing and it was mobile to mobile.
Hope everything works out with that and I agree the less that have my number the better.
Thank you. Yes, I prefer it that way as well. :)
@nomus24g (16442)
My current number is 12 yrs old...
Mine was since I was 15/16 years old. :)
@nomus24g (16442)
@infatuatedbby Wow....that's almost like inherited number :)
@Madshadi (4749)
• Brussels, Belgium
Why didn't you give your fiancee's number? Maybe they will call I wouldn't worry.
@Madshadi (4749)
• Brussels, Belgium
@infatuatedbby I hope they will call.
@Madshadi One texted and said they wanted to come to my house - no thank you.
@Madshadi (4749)
• Brussels, Belgium
@infatuatedbby did you give a counter proposal to have it fixed elsewhere?
@JustBhem (22506)
• Davao, Philippines
Nope, the last mobile number I have lasted for more than 10 years.
Looks like a lot of myLotters including you + I have their numbers for a long time too.
@JustBhem (22506)
• Davao, Philippines
@infatuatedbby Yeah, because I really don't like changing numbers every now and then.
@JustBhem Yes, same here.It'd be a hassle to update all my numbers and give them all out again!
@peachpurple (10991)
nope I never change my phone. Just blacklist those odd calls
I block the numbers. :)
@peachpurple (10991)
@infatuatedbby that is a good act, I also block those numbers, then I know when not to pick up the calls
@peachpurple Yes, I love the blocking feature =)
@YrNemo (8553)
One has been with me for two decades. The others two years.
That's awesome. I like my #, easy to remember.
@YrNemo (8553)
@infatuatedbby I have already let go a few short-term contract ones. It is convenient to just have one number, but THAT one, unfortunately, was from my ex.
I normally don't like changing my Number. But I don't know how my number gets circulated somehow very fast I guess. That creates a lot of Tele marketers & Sales Calls etc. and a few unknown nuisance calls, because of which I have to change sometimes...
In the beginning I got a couple of calls. Now its here and there. I like how I can block numbers now.
@infatuatedbby Hehehe....... Nice
The only time I changed numbers is when moving and that's because the phone company wouldn't ley me keep the old number.
Oh I see! That's a reasonable reason. :)
@lady1993 (15622)
nope, we have had the same number for... more than 20 years i hope they call you soon though, so you can get rid of the tv
Thanks. It is okay, if they don't. I am sure it'll sell when it does.
@ilocosboy (33280)
maybe you need to have other number for your phone so that you will not give that phone number for 15 years to strangers.
We have the block feature so I'll be good. :)
@moffittjc (35689)
• Gainesville, Florida
I've had the same phone number for 16 years...I've got you beat by one year! haha
You always beat me! Let me win sometime haha.
@moffittjc (35689)
• Gainesville, Florida
@infatuatedbby The competition is rigged...I'm much older than you so I got an unfair head start on everything! But you always win when it comes to shopping, so that's one thing I don't think I can ever beat you at! And you also eat much healthier foods than I do, so you've got me beat there too!
@moffittjc PSH. I do not eat healthier foods, totally not.... :) Haha though I am trying. It's okay, you're young at heart. And of course, I will beat you in shopping. I wouldn't want a guy to beat me at shopping,
Two years ago, I changed my number I have been using for many years and I'm planning to change it again this year.
Do you like changing the number? Or is it to get rid of people who have your # and not relevant? Or because when you upgrade/find better deal? :)
@infatuatedbby because of the a better deal on an upgrade. Higher data capacity.
@toniganzon Oh I see =) That is even better then!!
No, I don't do that often.
@LeaPea2417 (15310)
• Toccoa, Georgia
We have had the same landline number for over 25 years.
@sjvg1976 (14597)
Mine is 20 years old . Even I don't like to give my number to the stranger. It's better that your number is less circulated among people.
You have to be careful about that.
I think the last time I changed my phone number was when I got a smartphone - and that may have been not even 10 years ago! I never posted this, but one of my daughter's birds flew away recently . . . and we put up "lost" flyers all over . . . and Hubby put his phone number on it, but felt weird about it. Landline would be one thing - but we got rid of that - so we either had his or my number to put on it.
Aww I am sorry to hear your daughter's bird flew away. What kind of bird does she have? Any luck. It is weird to put our numbers around........
@infatuatedbby It was a yellow/green parakeet. It was her most favorite one too . There's no way for that bird to be found . . . we walked around for 3 days . . . just impossible . Well, no one called Hubby . . . but yah, it felt weird to have his number up in public.
@much2say Aw I am sorry to hear. :( Miracles can happen though! It is weird to have our numbers displayed in person.