How many pillows are too many for you?

Malaysia
Ideally of course, that would depend on two things: what type of sleeper you are (some people are back sleepers, some are side sleepers, some are just all over the place) and the type of pillow you use to sleep on. But some people don't just need a pillow to rest their head on. They need a pillow under their feet, or one on each side, or one to cuddle and 10 others to make a cocoon, or whatever. Some people even like to sleep with another pillow over their head. It's the only way they can sleep well, they say. How many pillows do you need to sleep with?
@kiran8 (15220)
• Mangalore, India
I use just one flat but soft pillow to rest my head on, but do have a couple of them handy if I feel the need to rest my knee .
Yes the thickness has to be just right for me, otherwise I'd get a stiff neck. I can't sleep on a flat pillow though, I like it a bit fluffy.
@kiran8 (15220)
• Mangalore, India
@cahaya1983 I too have a tendency to get a stiff neck very easily so am very careful with the pillow...in fact no pillow is better that sleeping on one that does not suit you
@Ganma7 (2015)
I do too
TWo. One under my head and another one that supports my back when I'm sleeping on my side.
Do you use a lumbar pillow to support your back?
@cahaya1983 I don't.
@Madshadi (4684)
• Brussels, Belgium
One for my head. Nothing for cuddling
I think most people are fine with just one. I am too.
@sjvg1976 (14594)
Just one which should be soft to rest my head on it.
I'm a one-pillow person too unless it's too flat. Then I'd need another one.
@josie_ (5102)
I need two pillows. One for my head and another to cuddle which usually is my husband.
Ha that's cute! That has to be the most important pillow for you I'm sure.
@ilocosboy (33267)
I only need two pillows for my head and nothing to my feet.
Do you prop one pillow against the other? Or stack them together?
@ilocosboy (33267)
Stack together
Depends on the kind of pillow. I like one not too soft and then, on top, another soft one.
Yes the type of pillow matters a lot. I usually need just one for my head but some types of pillow are too soft or too flat so I would need another one on top of it.
@cahaya1983 I have more pillows around as I watch TV from my bed.
I'm weird. I need a really flat pillow. I've had mine way too long, and should really throw it away, but it's so perfect.
Oh I'd wake up with a stiff neck if my pillow is too flat. I like it a bit plush.
One between the knees is good too. I probably have 5 or 6 but only use 2. Lol
I only needed one between the kneesnwhen I was pregnant. Otherwise I'm fine with just one. Where do you put the other pillows though?
I have about 5 around my head. Two under my head one on my chest when I am on my back and side. I I wake alone I need one on my back.I sleep high off the bed too. I love pillows and have a bout 20 in here. off hand without counting.
5 is already a lot for me, and you said you have 20!! Do you put the pillow on your chest to help you to sleep better?
@peachpurple (11034)
i need 2 pillows to prop up my head, otherwise I get headache sleeping flat.
I don't like a flat pillow either because my neck would be stiff and I would have back pain.
Only one and sometimes none. It depends on the pillow. Finding a comfortable one for me has been difficult.
Interestingly I don't find the expensive pillows comfortable for me most of the time. Mine is just nice and not too hard, and it's not that expensive either.
@cahaya1983 I don't go for expensive. Though all my life I've had feather pillows. Now most stores don't carry them and they are way too expensive. So, I'm doing my best with the one I have.
@just4him Yes feather pillows are very hard to find here as well. I don't see them in the stores anymore.
@ridingbet (37924)
i have 2 under my head, and 1 each for either side.
I used to like having pillows on each side when I was younger but now only one is enough.
@ridingbet (37924)
@cahaya1983 and you are married so your partner provides you warmth and additional pillow, right? (sorry, are you married by the way?)
@ridingbet Yes unless my little girl manages to sneak into bed and offers to be my pillow instead!
@averygirl72 (13924)
I just need two pillows. I want pillow in my head high so I put two
I like to prop two pillows if I want to read, but for sleeping I only use one and it has to be a bit fluffy.
@averygirl72 (13924)
@cahaya1983 I don't want a fluffy pillow. I want something a little hard but still soft
@averygirl72 I think I know what you mean. Some pillows are too soft they make your head sink when you sleep on them.
@Spassion (41)
In the past, i used two but now, one is ok
I'm okay with one, except when I want to read in bed.
@cahaya1983 When i am playing with my phone, i use one.
@Spassion I don't like using my phone while lying down, plus I rarely use it when I'm in bed.
@dgobucks226 (6713)
I have a bad back so the number of pillows I use will vary. I have one of those My Pillows, but also have another regular one too. Sometimes the one is good enough, other times I need 2. If my back acts up I put a pillow under or between my knees to relieve the pressure.
I don't think My Pillow is available here but I did check it online. Foam pillows and mattresses are the best, for sure although a bit costly than the regular ones. I know some people with back pain also use lumbar pillows to support the back.
@cahaya1983 Yes, that's right. I also have a special pillow that fits under the knees to relieve pressure.
@antonbunot (9498)
• Calgary, Alberta
I need 2 pillows to sleep soundly. One to support my head; the other to cover my ears to minimize the volume of my wife's loud snores!
That's funny! If it's really that loud then I don't blame you.
• Calgary, Alberta
@cahaya1983 Not just loud - - she snores double-time - - she snores when she inhales, she snores when she exhales . .
@dpk262006 (54713)
I need one fat pillow to sleep. I do not like soft pillows.
Yeah some people are fans of such pillows. I sometimes find them a bit lumpy though.
@dpk262006 (54713)
@cahaya1983 - I use a pillow which is filled with raw cotton. It does not become lumpy. If I feel that my pillow is causing trouble, I go to the vendor and get the more raw cotton fill in it.
@pitstop (4894)
I need just one pillow for my head.
Same here, one pillow is all I need.
@pitstop (4894)
@cahaya1983 one is the magic number for pillows.
@nela13 (693)
• Portugal
I just need one, my pillow and I carry It with me when I am traveling and have to stay in a hotel
Wow you really love that pillow don't you? I used to have a favorite pillow when I was a kid, and I took it everywhere I went.
@nela13 (693)
• Portugal
@cahaya1983 deep in my heart I am still a child and I need my pillow