Home for the Holidays

Photo from Facebook
Laguna Woods, California
Although we have four daughters and three of them live out-of-town, I enjoy being home for Christmas. We love spending time with our local daughter, and visiting our other daughters at different times of the year ... Thanksgiving, graduations, birthdays, weddings, etc. I enjoy the Christmas holiday services at our church, opening gifts with our local daughter, fixing a special dinner, and spending time with my family. One of my friends has a daughter and grandchildren who live in Colorado, but she has had conflicts with her daughter over the holidays in the past. Rather than stay home by herself, however, she takes a cruise every December. She says it is fun, festive and more relaxing than visiting her family during this hectic time of year. She mails them their gifts and then takes off on an annual vacation. The photo above is one she shared yesterday, when she boarded the cruise ship. What about you? Do you enjoy staying home or going on trips during the Christmas holidays?
I like staying home as over the years we have spent many, many Christmases away.
• Laguna Woods, California
@JudyEv - Yes, we have often gone to see our children during the Christmas holidays. However, it is so much easier to stay home and visit them during another time of the year.
@DeborahDiane We were going to go to see our son in Melbourne but the prices of everything doubles around Christmas so we're going later in the year.
@DeborahDiane It's quite a good time to stay quietly at home isn't it?
In the past we have been far from home during Christmas many times, aging, I love to stay at home.
• Laguna Woods, California
@LadyDuck - I feel exactly the same way. We have been gone often, but it is nice to stay home.
@DeborahDiane You feel more the festive atmosphere in your home.
• Laguna Woods, California
@LadyDuck - I agree. It is nice to celebrate at home.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
This is our first Christmas in this house. I'm excited for it, especially since neither of us talk to our families.
• Laguna Woods, California
@thislittlepennyearns - That is wonderful! Enjoy your first Christmas in your home. It sounds great!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@DeborahDiane I'm pretty excited about it. Even if I do have to probably work on Christmas eve.
• Laguna Woods, California
@thislittlepennyearns - I'm so happy for you! Even if you work on Christmas Eve, you will have a wonderful Christmas Day.
Here we set considerable store by the Spring Festival when people will come home to have a family reunion,no matter where you work in.You must hear of "spring transportation".
• Laguna Woods, California
A Spring Festival and family reunion sounds like a wonderful idea. We like to visit our adult children in the spring and summer, and stay home during Christmas when the airports are crowded and there are more weather delays.
@DeborahDiane The Spring Festival is also known as Chinese New Year.It is a good idea not to take a trip at the peak of the holiday season.
• Laguna Woods, California
@changjiangzhibin89 - We celebrate the Chinese New Year here in California, too. There are fireworks and festivals. As you may know, San Francisco has a large Chinatown, but Los Angeles and other communities in California also have Chinese communities and celebrations.
@sallypup (22094)
• Moses Lake, Washington
The weather is chancy here at Christmas time. If we go on vacation it has to be during the summer months.
• Laguna Woods, California
@sallypup - I prefer to travel in the summer, too. In the winter, I like to stay nice and cozy at home!
@sallypup (22094)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@DeborahDiane Its down right dangerous to drive very far in the winter here.
• Laguna Woods, California
@sallypup - Yes, the weather can be treacherous in the winter. In addition, the roads are even more dangerous because there are so many people traveling.
I like to be in my own home.
• Laguna Woods, California
@Tampa_girl7 - Me, too!
18h
@DeborahDiane these days I do take meals to my parents , but they live within view of my home.
• Laguna Woods, California
9h
@Tampa_girl7 - It is so nice that your parents live close and you are able to help them out!
Have never not been home for Christmas. And never will. This is where Christmas shouls be spent.
• Laguna Woods, California
@Courtlynn - Enjoy your holidays! We should all do the things we enjoy most!
@DeborahDiane thanks. Will try
@yanzalong (8947)
Can't wait for that either. My family is looking forward to having me in the house at the end of this December.
• Laguna Woods, California
@yanzalong - Enjoy the time with your family!
@yanzalong (8947)
@DeborahDiane Thank you.
• Eugene, Oregon
I have not done it, but maybe it would be fun to be away for the holidays.
• Laguna Woods, California
@JamesHxstatic - I think it is something we have to decide one year at a time. We have gone away sometimes, but I generally find it more relaxing to be at home!
@Dena91 (3707)
We prefer staying home for the holidays, though we have traveled before.
• Laguna Woods, California
@Dena91 - We have traveled in the past, too, whenever our adult children have asked us to go to their homes. However, the airports are crowded and there are more weather delays, so we really prefer to stay home.
Nice. I am usually home for the holidays and take a trip later on in the winter. Enjoy your holiday season :-]
• Laguna Woods, California
@maezee - You enjoy your holiday season, too! I prefer to take trips at different times of the year, as well.
I never go anywhere during holidays. Too busy and crowded.
• Laguna Woods, California
@JohnRoberts - We have traveled during the holidays but, I agree, everything is too busy and crowded. I prefer to stay home.
@cherriefic (4291)
• Baguio, Philippines
I like staying at home for the hoildays since most people around seems to be travelling.
• Laguna Woods, California
@cherriefic - I agree that staying home for the holidays feels peaceful, especially when it seems as if the whole world is traveling.
@cahaya1983 (9728)
I prefer staying home or visiting family and friends during the holiday season. If I go for a trip, it has to be with family.
• Laguna Woods, California
@cahaya1983 - I agree. I prefer to stay home or visit family during the holidays.
@rina110383 (23639)
I'd love to go on trip during holidays but once I'm in my destination, I'd stay home.
• Laguna Woods, California
@rina110383 - Yes, when I do travel during the holidays, I only like to visit our adult children and hang around their house.
@josie_ (5198)
Christmas is a family affair for us. But a holiday cruise doesn't sound bad either.
• Laguna Woods, California
@josie_(4909) - Christmas is a local family affair for us, too. I agree that holiday cruises do seem like a nice idea!