What English word do you often use?

@lady1993 (15689)
Me,i like to use "though". I place it at the last part usually, i am not really sure if that is gramatically correct though What about you?
@hereandthere (24192)
what i don't understand about 'though,' though, is why do people now write it as 'thou'?
@sol_cee (13621)
• Japan
The shorter, the faster but of course the more confusing. Lol
@sol_cee because i've always understood 'thou' as 'you' (as in, "O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?") while 'although' 'though' and 'tho' go together.
@sol_cee (13621)
• Japan
@hereandthere you forgot ‘tough’. Lol
@owlwings (38184)
• Cambridge, England
Most careful writers would probably recommend a comma before 'though' in the sentence where you have used it. ("I am not really sure if that is grammatically correct, though"). However, the comma is really only to indicate a slight pause if the sentence were to be spoken. Nearly always, people use "though" as a substitute for "however" or "but" and which you use depends mostly on the flow or the rhythm of what you are saying. The following mean the same but the rhythm and so the emphasis is slightly different: "I usually use 'though' at the end of the sentence, but/though I'm not sure whether that is grammatically correct." "I usually use 'though' at the end of the sentence. However, I'm not sure whether it is grammatically correct to do so." "I usually use 'though' at the end of the sentence. I'm not sure whether it is grammatically correct to do so, though." In the first example, "though" is being used as a conjunction to join two statements. You might use 'although' or 'even though', both of which might slightly emphasise the fact of your uncertainty. In the second example, there is a full stop after 'sentence' and, since it is 'incorrect' to use 'but' after a full stop, 'However' is used instead. English has many different idiomatic ways of expressing the idea of doing one thing while knowing that there is or may be an alternative. It is very difficult, if not impossible, to say what is correct and what is not. Probably the best way of learning is to read and listen to passages written and spoken by good native English speakers and to try to understand why one way of saying something is more 'English' than another!
@lady1993 (15689)
it is a good thing i am not an article writer, since i am not the best at grammar. Thanks for the explanation though
I always tell my man I will beat him. He said the other day you always want to beat me. So I would say off the top of my head Beat.
@Bluedoll (16788)
I guess he runs if you say you are cooking up some ... we know now... beets!
@sol_cee (13621)
• Japan
One of my friends likes to use ‘basically’ in basically almost every sentence she utters. Lol
@lady1993 (15689)
have you ever told her that?
@sol_cee (13621)
• Japan
@lady1993 basically, no. It's basically not illegal. lol
I think I use the word "actually" quite a bit in conversation.
@lady1993 (15689)
have heard some people use that a lot too
@kepweng (6407)
im not so Fluent so sorry in my Cow english
@lady1993 (15689)
you English is quite understandable though
@AkoPinay (10827)
"LOL". It is already in the dictionary
@lady1993 (15689)
that is good to know. LOL
@Bluedoll (16788)
I think it is correct. Though because might not be because it is a conjunction and at the end might not be correct, just because. Perhaps I use perhaps too much though.
@lady1993 (15689)
Perhaps is a bit similar to though
Mine in anyway.
@aureliah (3849)
I'm addicted to using thus when im doing my articles
the word okay or yes lol. i know right.
@sabtraversa (9899)
Once I learn a new word, I start using it a lot. There are some words/expressions I probably overuse, I tried to get rid of "well" but "though" still haunts in my typing. For non-native speakers, the first language usually affects their English. And vice versa. "Also/too/as well" are all the same for me, so I use them (almost) indiscriminately.
I use "well" in almost every conversation.