Dreams of my past

@ramapo17 (19043)
Melbourne, Florida
Does anyone have vivid dreams of their past? Some mornings I wake up after having such realistic dreams that I feel like they are so real. I dream about people I use to know and even some customers I use to take care of over 20 years ago What does it mean when they are so realistic? Some mornings I don't want to get up because I liked seeing some people or places that I have been to. Am I alone in this or am I just weird?
I dream of people I have met and of members of my family who are no more with us.
@ramapo17 (19043)
• Melbourne, Florida
It is amazing how I get up in the morning feeling like I really communicated with some of these people.
We all dream .. mine i hardly ever fully rememver but i do dream of past. People from my life
@ramapo17 (19043)
• Melbourne, Florida
It is amazing and can really let us have a happy day after it.
@ramapo17 sometimes.
@cahaya1983 (9505)
Not weird at all. I have vivid dreams every now and then, but when I was much younger I had them more often. Some nights they're like different episodes of the same dream.
@ramapo17 (19043)
• Melbourne, Florida
I realize that having dreams of deceased people will happen quickly after their passing but the thing that gets me are the dreams I have that are from people in my past many years ago.
I sometimes dream of people I've known in the past and I often have really pleasant dreams that I don't want to wake up from.
@ramapo17 (19043)
• Melbourne, Florida
I to have experienced this to @JudyEv.
• Riga, Latvia
Yes there have been dreams that have taken me back into the past. They are the kind of dreams I like to hold on to because they make me feel so good. I have had vivid dreams interacting with my mom and then suddenly I wake up and I think mom is still with me. That moment of reality that she isn't is always the hardest.
@ramapo17 (19043)
• Melbourne, Florida
You are right. Sometimes I don't want to get up because my dreams were so real and made me happy.
@dgobucks226 (6687)
I actually have weird dreams of something that will eventually happen in the future. It is very brief, but so realistic. My latest was I was wearing a hat and took it off to discover my hair was a mess, embarrassingly so. Now, I do wear hats when my hair is unkempt sometimes, so perhaps this dream is imitating life? I guess I will be in for an embarrassing moment in the future
@ramapo17 (19043)
• Melbourne, Florida
I had a dream many years ago of a plane crash and the next morning on the news I saw a plane that went down and had a dignitary on it that got killed. I never heard of the man before and my parents were shocked when they saw the news on the tv. I told them about my dream before I went to school.
@ramapo17 Amazing story Nancy! That kind of dream is shocking.
@ramapo17 (19043)
• Melbourne, Florida
@dgobucks226 I know. It was really scary as I never even heard of that guy. If I had a radio or tv in my bedroom I would have thought I heard it when I was sleeping but I didn't have either of those.
@moffittjc (35670)
• Gainesville, Florida
I think we all dream about our past. And we all have vivid dreams sometimes. I've had a few times where my dreams have been so vivid I was confused about where I was when I woke up!
@ramapo17 (19043)
• Melbourne, Florida
I have had that to. It is confusing until I get the cob webs out of my head.
@moffittjc (35670)
• Gainesville, Florida
@ramapo17 I've had dreams about work that were so real that it literally messed up my entire day. One time, I had a dream that my boss fired me, one of the most vivid and real dreams I have ever had. I was very shaken up by it. When I went to work that day, I literally couldn't face my boss or look her in the eye the entire day. She knew something was up, and I told her about my dream and that she needed to stay away from me the whole day! She laughed, but also did as I asked. It was crazy!
@ramapo17 (19043)
• Melbourne, Florida
@moffittjc It is nice to see I am not the only strange one
I don't dream of the past but just plagued by memories of the past.
@ramapo17 (19043)
• Melbourne, Florida
I understand that too.
@rina110383 (23095)
I don't recall my dreams when I wake up in the morning.
@ramapo17 (19043)
• Melbourne, Florida
Sometimes I do not either right away and then a day or two later something will hit me and then I remember.