“What’s the feeling of being sprayed by a skunk?”

Don't get me wrong about this concern. As an Asian, I am so puzzled what's the smell of skunk's spray. I had seen in films that people run after their life as seeing this animal. I tried to check the description of the pungent smell. However, I cannot picture it out in my mind. “Does it smells like dog’s poops?” “What do you think it smells like?” Image Credit: pixabay.com
I have no idea, we do not have skunks here and I am not interested in experiencing this.
I wanted to nourish my not-knowing experience.
@Shavkat It seems that they smell very bad.
@LadyDuck I think it is, my friend. I had read some of the descriptions. It is totally an unpleasant smell.
It can be smelled hundreds of feet away thats how strong the smell is and close by can make your eyes water.
It sounds like slicing onions into shred effect and it makes the eyes water. That's the reason why people run away from them.
@Shavkat That would be the effect up close if sprayed but with onions they don’t still smell putrid for days from hundreds of feet away. It’s really something not easily able to describe but it just awful.
@shaggin I think I can take a risk of experiencing it for one time. Then, there will be no next time.
No, it doesn't smell like feces. The closest I could come to explaining it would be multiply the smell of wild onions by one million, then concentrate a cupful into a teaspoon.
It seems the onion-effect was so concentrated. I guess I cannot tolerate that kind of smell. Thank you for describing it to me.
It's hard to describe what skunk smell is like but once you do smell it it's not something you'll ever forget. It's very nasty and pungent
I also agree with you. If we had experienced it for the first time. it will make us forget experiencing it for the first time.
We have never been sprayed but our dog has been sprayed by a skunk. It is a very strong smell that does not smell like poop. It is a smell that will give a person a headache and the smell spreads and clings to things that can absorb the smell.
That's an awful experience if it happens. I am sure I am going to freak out if the smell spread out and affects our health condition.
@Shavkat Well, we had to throw out our leather coats because the leather soaked up the skunk smell. Our dog Bo was skunked 3 times. He never learned his lesson.
@Corbin5 Bo was really into fun with skunks. It is a waste to throw the coats. I think we really need to stay away from them.
@FourWalls (10090)
I've listened to Andrew Zimmern, a chef who travels the world and eats "exotic-to-Americans" foods in a series called Bizarre Foods, describe the Asian fruit durian as smelling like really bad onions stomped on by smelly feet. That's sort of what a skunk's spray smells like.
I think it is a bad smell. I don't fancy of durian fruit. Why? I can't stand the smell. Now, I have an idea and thank you for describing it.
No, I would not like to have that experience.
As for me, I think it would be nice to experience and can able to describe it. After the first experience, there will be no second time.
@ridingbet (38087)
how about the musk? that is why there is a perfume of Musk oil. maybe the smell of the skunk poop is not so good? hahah! we don't have skunks here in our country, right?
I think it is an awful smell, kabsat. I haven't seen one even in Manila Zoo.
@ridingbet Ingrid Musk is a pleasant smell, skunks stink.
@ridingbet (38087)
@LadyDuck yes i know that. musk is made to a men's perfume, right?
It is almost impossible to describe a smell isn't it? I wonder what it smells like too. It must be pretty bad.
I agree. I have the same feeling what makes it an undesirable animal. I guess God had created different uniqueness in this world.
• Riga, Latvia
I have no idea never met up with a skunk.Maybe this can give you an answer.
What does skunk spray smell like? Learn about the science behind the scent of skunk spray. Find out how the animals use their skunk smell as a defense mechanism.
Thank you for the information. I am checking it now. I think it is an awful smell and can create a bad day for a person who had smelled its odor.
@kepweng (6428)
the photo is like a dog sombody say to me that skunk fart smell like a Fruits and perfume
Really? Based on the comments mentioned by mylotters, it is a quite awful smell. It doesn't go to fruity smell. Have you seen one before?
@Destesh (104)
• Kenya
Why are you that curious though ??
It is simply because I haven't experienced it. Did you?
In the past, I could smell it in the distance, but I just realized the odor isn't around anymore. I guess the populated area I live in forced them to leave. I don't know if I could explain the smell, it's just really bad.
@Bluedoll (16821)
It has its own strong pungent smell. I had skunks living under my front porch. It smells like I own this house now. If I went out I whistled so that I wouldn't scare it and end up being a rejected stinky flower.