“Do you also drive your parents crazy sometimes?”

During my childhood years, I humbly say that I am a timid boy and never speaks much in any social functions. I am a late bloomer and started to develop myself during my college years. I think it is the best thing happened in my life. It was a turning point to try something new and to break free from being the introvert individual. As I looked back, I am not a good child after all. I had innate naughtiness and drove my parents crazy during the old days. Due to peer pressure, I was influenced to cut classes and never realized that it was a wrong thing to do. It was a good thing that my class adviser took the initiative to inform my biological parents. As expected, I was so totally grounded in that incident. How about you, guys? Have you ever tried to make your parents drive insane? Image Credit: pixabay.com
Your childhood sounds just like mine (though I was a girl ). I think I was a good child. But it was during that time in college, when I blossomed, that I drove my parents crazy. Not with one particular incident, but I felt quite independent and exercised that.
I also have the feeling that I don't regret the shortcomings of the past. It is a learning process to be mold myself into a new leaf. I tried not to blame myself for going to the wrong path but use them into teaching others not to follow the wrong steps that I've done.
@Shavkat It is a learning process - we had to go through that to become the person we are now. I think others need to go through that learning process too . . . no matter what we try to teach, you know people just won't listen - people have to find their own way.
@much2say I do agree that some people don't listen. I tend to stay away from them. It is useless to be involved with them.
@prashu228 (22641)
Hmm no..i was a very calm child ..and still i am
It is nice to know that, my friend. I can be such persona at random. I am not losing my insanity but trying to be a good version of me.
For different reasons I sometimes drove my parents crazy. Then, several times, my daughters drove me crazy. And later on, my grandchildren drove my daughters crazy. The story repeats
I agree. It passed along from one generation to another. 'History repeats itself,' as they said.
@Shavkat At least it happens that way in my family
@marguicha It cannot be denied, my friend. It runs in the family. There are some traits that I also got it from my biological parents.
@shubhu3 (13559)
• New Delhi, India
That's really good. We learn from.experiences and social conditioning a lot. I too have been irritated my parents a lot.
I think if we were not naughty or in any kind, it doesn't spice up the life of our parents.lol
@shubhu3 (13559)
• New Delhi, India
@Shavkat hahahaha true
@shubhu3 I am sure that our parents have all the good and bad memories.
@sjvg1976 (14615)
No i was a very sincere child and my parents were proud of me and used to give my example to the siblings.
That's nice to hear, my friend. Among all the siblings, I am quite more disciplined with some part of naughtiness.
i think I drove my parents crazy in early life as my parents told me i would never sit still. I think they told me when i for older that I did drive them crazy! I never did bad things though
My biological parents had their moment of sharing their parenting struggles when my siblings and I were in the younger year.
@Shavkat I think all parents so that. My parents were especially like that as they told a lot of stories about when they were young themselves and when my sister and I were younger too
@Marty1 It was nice to have them and share things that happened from the past and be remembered until now.
I cut loose a bit in my late teens. I'm sure I worried my parents a lot.
I think they were so loving parents and tried to be patient enough to give full support to your teenhood.
@Shavkat That's true. Hopefully I made up for it later.
@JudyEv I am also trying to give it back all the sacrifices that they had given us. It is a life cycle.
@tzwrites (3814)
I probably annoyed my parents too, but then again what child doesn't?
I do think that kiddies have their naughty moments in their younger years. But then, there are some kids who are born as a problem child.
@KrauseHome (33385)
Growing up, especially when I was in my early 20s I did drive my Mom crazy. Probably most of it was from worry.
I can feel you, my friend. I had seen how my parents got worried for a couple time way back. It shows how they care and some point, they don't admit it.
@dodo19 (28099)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Thinking back, I think I was a good kid, for the most part. I didn't get into too much trouble. Having said that, there were still probably times when I did drive my parents nuts.
It is inevitable to be strange sometimes to our parents. They are always there to embrace the strangeness of happening in their child's life. But then, there will be a never-ending excuses and advises.lol
@Freelanzer (6459)
I think I was fairly good even though I drove my mom crazy when I argued with her while trying to make a point.
Now I am an adult and I have a have a hard time getting along with my family so even though I live very close to them I do not see them often. I was a wild kid and I know I drove them nuts. Not sure if I could have dealt with a kid like myself.
I am sure parents love is unconditional. They will love us no matter what we became now. I always think that we were born with differences. It is a matter of accepting the differences and love will continue into our family blood line.
• Riga, Latvia
Sometimes I did some things I shouldn't as a child but mostly I was a very quite and shy child.
It seems that I am a quiet boy but the curiosity strikes during that time. I had done some mistakes but I took it as a learning process. It is the basic foundation for us to know what it should be in the future.
@peachpurple (10708)
yes, when I said my mom is not my mom. I did drove her crazy that time
Hahaha That makes her insane.lol I am sure she is so petrified and frustrated.
When we were in our teens, my brother, sister and I probably did drive our parents a bit crazy. We were out and about a lot, and I think often we arrived home far passed the time we were supposed to be home.
I also did this before. I went home more than the curfew time in the house. I was so drunk that they can't talk to me.lol
@ridingbet (38052)
no, i did not give my parents headache when i was still in school.
@DEMI12 (590)
• Guangdong, China
yes of course,we always did that when we were young,now my son sometimes drive me crazy and i really try my best to keep calm. its hard, but i am learning how to control now.
@Ganma7 (2073)
I was pretty good but not perfect. My kids are grown but had their moments. We all learn the hard way.
@Ithink (6797)
I had my times that I'm sure I did drive my mom nuts, however I also did more for her then most. She had to work sometimes 3 jobs to support my brother and me. I'm the oldest so I cleaned the house, helped my brother with his homework, made the meals, got him up for school, anything to make it easier for her. Then I got with the wrong crowd for awhile. I still did all the above but started smoking and skipping school. Never got caught thou. I did realize on my own that I didn't want that kind of life and got my act together.
@kepweng (6390)
my parents Always Spank my butt and Slapped my face when im misbehaved