Got my wisdom tooth extracted!

@renicemae (3263)
It's not just a normal extraction method. Dentist call it a surgery. And I got so nervous when I heard the "surgery" word. What comes to my mind? Laceration...blood...I'll be put to sleep during operation...whatsoever.. Those imaginations makes me think of not going to the dentist again. But I've been suffering from jaw pains, pain in swallowing saliva and difficulty eating so I've no choice but to build up my courage and let the dentist pull out this wisdom tooth that's bothering me for 3 consecutive days. So now, I'm happy that my surgery is successful and am thankful to GOD that I didn't feel much pain during operation. During those times, I was reciting the rosary I'm really nervous Have you experienced the same?
I had two wisdom teeth removed years ago.
@renicemae (3263)
At the same time?
@rina110383 (24135)
Had mine extracted 8 months ago.
@renicemae (3263)
How many? Did you feel pain?
@rina110383 (24135)
@renicemae There were two of them. It was tolerable. My dentist injected anesthesia so I won't feel too much pain. Yep, they call it surgery. The term alone is scary.
@sishy7 (27653)
Oh no, were you under total anesthetic during the procedure or just a local one? Glad to hear it was successful. How much discomforts did you feel once the anesthetic wore off?
@renicemae (3263)
Only half of my mouth is numb. Dont know if it's total anesthetic or not. I felt constant pain after anesthetic was gone even after taking a medicine for pain. I had a hard time sleeping in the afternoon but I get to sleep the second time I took a medicine for pain later at night.
@JustBhem (32204)
• Davao, Philippines
Nope. I haven't tried it. And how was it then?
@prashu228 (25820)
Oh no..but glad you did not feel much pain.
I still have my wisdom teeth and I am old.
@josie_ (6978)
I've never like going to the dentist even as a child. Hope the wound heals in time for you to enjoy the festivity's food.