do guys in your place pee in public?

@lady1993 (16094)
This may be a weird discussion, but i just thought of it since i saw this kid that was peeing, just a few feet away from our gate. he wasn't even trying to cover himself or anything, just letting it flow. I don't know whether to laugh at him or scold him. It is a common thing in our country though, peeing in public, but usually it is discreet - like they press themselves again't a wall or a tree.
@topffer (31218)
• France
It is forbidden here, they would receive a ticket, although people peeing in dark streets during the night are not rare, the main reason being that quite all public bathrooms are closed during the night.
@topffer Same problem as Italy, they are now issuing expensive tickets for peeing in public, not to mention that it is a "criminal offence" (atti osceni in luogo pubblico - obscene acts performed in public).
@topffer (31218)
• France
@LadyDuck I just had a look. It is a second category ticket (5 categories in France, the first being the lowest) costing 22 to 150 Euros max, the usual ticket being 35 Euros. If it is obviously done (not against a wall, but on the other side), it might be also a misdemeanor.
@owlwings (38295)
• Cambridge, England
I'm reminded of the book 'Clochemerle' and the queue for the public urinal episode which was hilariously portrayed in the film version.
No, if a kid pee in public, the parents are fined 3,000$, if an adult pee in public he goes to jail.
@owlwings @LadyDuck I had two different kids 'water my lawn' back in October...one was a trick or treater, the other accompanying his Dad on the annual 'squirrel count' (yes, we have a group of volunteers each year walk around trying to count the albinos). In both instances, their parents asked...being as they were far from home, I saw no problem with it. Of course, that is quite different that just whipping it out and peeing on Main Street
@owlwings (38295)
• Cambridge, England
@JolietJake If ever that would happen here, I'm certain the parents would ask if their child could use the toilet/bathroom (in the house). I'm not sure, but I think that we still have an ancient law in this country that nobody can refuse someone who asks for a drink of water or to use the toilet (if the house has one). 'Trick or treating' might be different, of course. If you refused to 'treat' someone then they might do a number of things with impunity on your property, including 'watering the lawn'! (If it is 'on your property' it would usually not be considered a 'public place', though 'indecent exposure' and other clauses might still be invoked).
@owlwings I would have been perfectly happy to let them use it, but they specifically requested to 'water the lawn'
@ChoukseyMK (1054)
Government should take responsibility for it. A awareness campaign should be run and enough facilities should be provided.
the tourists here are more liable to do it-and they get busted often.but it's partially the city's fault-they don't have enough public bathrooms.
@sw8sincere (1566)
I guess seeing a kid peeing in public is far better than seeing an adult who does the same most especially if he or she flaunts everything without covers.
Not unless you want to be arrested lol.
@kiran8 (15347)
• Mangalore, India
Unfortunately this used to be the case all the time here in India . But of late there has been a cleanliness drive and people are now a lot more careful. There are paid public toilets being built , with all that you do find some who are unable to reform..
@rubyriaz007 (2821)
I have seen guys peeing on roadside, sometimes near a house. If we such a person we must warn him immediately,then only he will not repeat it next time,or can stick a paper near gate writing that peeing is not allowed in front of near the gate,still if they don't listen we must complain to the cops.
@thelme55 (12494)
It is forbidden to pee in the public. You could get punished for doing so. We have public toilets here and most of the shops have toilets.
@Destesh (201)
• Kenya
Well if it's a kid I understand . That is if the parent isn't around but if the parent is around then that's not right... I mean which adult on all his right senses just allows the child to pee on public all eyes on them?? But peeing in public is embarrassing
@JESSY3236 (5257)
It's not allowed here, but when my mother was living in an apartment building she had seen a man peeing in public.
@cahaya1983 (10188)
Yikes. Never seen anyone doing that so I can't really say? But it's definitely not a common thing here.