A Wonderful Time of the Year with Family and Long Distance Boyfriend

@annierose (17692)
Hi to all mylotters! I have been too busy lately with my work, my study in the graduate school and my self study of Korean Language. And now, I just wanted to greet you all a wonderful and meaningful Christmas. Today is also the birthday of my boyfriend. My mom suggested me to buy a cake for him and just date him online since he is very far from me. The outcome was indeed unforgettable. We were both giggling with what we did. I bought a cake and then we did video calling. We sang the Happy Birthday Song and then, I asked him to blow the candles. Of course he couldn't do it so my sister blew the cake for him. I asked him to make a wish too and then we cut the cake. We just imagined he was with us. I asked him to open his mouth to have the cake, and it was really funny. He pretended that he was eating and then told me the cake and all foods were delicious. Below is the cake I bought for him. He was not 18 but just pretended to be just 18. How is your Christmas? I hope you have a wonderful and meaningful one.
That was really cute!! Happy Birthday to your Boyfriend. Christmas was a good time with family. Happy Holidays :)
@annierose (17692)
@infatuatedbby Thank you Michelle! I have decided to set aside my work and just help my mom with the household chores during the holiday seasons. This day, I just went with mom shopping.
@annierose That is really sweet of you. Hope you two had a good time shopping.
@annierose (17692)
@infatuatedbby Yes we had! Thank you so much.
@shubhu3 (14280)
• New Delhi, India
Merry Christmas. Nice to see you here. Happy birthday to your partner. The cake looks really yummy.
@annierose (17692)
@shubhu3 Thank Shubu! Unfortunately, my mom refrains herself from eating too much sweets so it is I who just eat the cake most of the time. I hope I can share it with you too.
@shubhu3 (14280)
• New Delhi, India
@annierose Oh alright. Yeah we can share it. I will have most of it hehhee.
@sishy7 (27647)
You have very supportive family and Happy Birthday to your boyfriend... He was born on Christmas day then...
@annierose (17692)
@sishy7 Thank you Sishy! I am glad that they joined me in celebrating my boyfriend's birthday. I am also very thankful for my mom who suggested that idea.
@sishy7 (27647)
@annierose Not easy to maintain a long distance relationship... All the best to the two of you!
@annierose (17692)
@sishy7 I agree with you. We used to have arguments before. Our relationship went smoothly after we started to travel together. That way, I learned more things about him and it make me understand him more.
@JustBhem (36945)
• Davao, Philippines
How romantic of you. Your boyfriend must love the preparation you are doing for his Birthday.
@annierose (17692)
@JustBhem Thank you Bhem! I think he was touched with what we did on his boyfriend. He has already the idea that I would buy him a cake and he told me that there was no need to buy a cake for him. I think he just thought I would buy him a cake. He got surprised that we also prepared special foods for his birthday.
@JustBhem (36945)
• Davao, Philippines
@annierose Yay, he must be delighted with it.
@annierose (17692)
@JustBhem Yes, I think so. By the way, Happy New Year Bhem!
@Teekaaa (5643)
That would be really an unforgettable experience for you guys... happy birthday to him... cake looks so delicious Merry Christmas to you!!
@annierose (17692)
Thank you @Teekaaa ! Yes, it is. I always want him to feel special. He told me last time that his birthday is sometimes forgotten because everybody seems to be busy because of Christmas season. He is such a wonderful boyfriend and I just want to make him feel loved on this very special day.
@Teekaaa (5643)
@annierose atlast, you made him feel very special on HIS DAY..
@annierose (17692)
@Teekaaa Yes, and that makes me happy too.
@thelme55 (14571)
Very creative. It was fun I am sure of that. Belated happy birthday to your boyfriend. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
@annierose (17692)
@thelme55 Thank you Thelma! It was my mom's original idea. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas as well.
@thelme55 (14571)
@annierose yes, I had a wonderful Christmas and a new year celebration. Have a blessed happy new year
I'm glad it was a meaningful birthday for him and a great Christmas too.
@annierose (17692)
@just4him Thank you Valerie! I think that couple who are in a long distance relationship should be creative.
@annierose Yes, they should. It keeps the relationship alive and healthy.
@josie_ (7348)
Anyone who say long distance relationships don't work should take a page out of your book. This was adorable and maybe on his or your next birthday both of you can be together and actually feed each other slices of cake.
@annierose (17692)
@josie_ Thank you Josefina! Actually, we already did that thing. My father was still alive that time and he visited me with his best friend. His best friend took the video of us sharing the cake with one another.
@hereandthere (31018)
oh, that was so cute and fun. i love that everyone was game and played along. we're so lucky to have many means to communicate now.
@annierose (17692)
@hereandthere Thanks my friend. My boyfriend has been close to my family. He loves giving gifts to each family member whenever he visit me in the Philippines. I think that is another reason they appreciate him a lot.
What a lovely idea! It must be hard having him so far away.
@annierose (17692)
@JudyEv Thank you Judy! Yes, it is really hard. But my boyfriend make it sure he will visit me every year. I hope by next year we can travel together again.
That was a great way to celebrate his birthday, even though he was not there in person!!! A good Christmas here. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!!
@annierose (17692)
@Corbin5 Thanks Deborah! I am happy that you have a good Christmas too. We are now looking forward for 2018.
@jobelbojel (7125)
Happy birthday to him. Where is he?
@annierose (17692)
@jobelbojel Hi nerdieeds . He is from South Korea.
@annierose I should have known by his name on the cake.
@annierose (17692)
@jobelbojel Yes. He has an English name but I prefer his real name because I think it is sweeter.
@m_audrey6788 (13622)
Wow! Belated Happy Birthday to your Boyfriend! I`m sure he`s very happy to have you as his sweet loving Girlfriend! Good luck and Wish you both a wonderful life together in the future
@annierose (17692)
@m_audrey6788 Thank you very much simplyme! I did that so as not to make our relationship boring. Being in a long distance relationship is a very challenging one.
@annierose So true!
@annierose (17692)
It's a pity you could not be together at Christmas, but that was the next best thing.
@annierose (17692)
@jaboUK I think distance has its own way to make our relationship stronger and sweeter.
How the hell is he going to eat it? good luck with that. Well, I guess the thought matters.
@annierose (17692)
@Letranknight2015 Yes, he cannot eat it in real. But I think it is the thought that counts after all. I just want him to feel special on that day.
@cttolledo (4463)
wow so romantic
@annierose (17692)
@cttolledo Thank you very much Firefly.
Lovely gesture!
@annierose (17692)
@allen0187 Thank you Allen! Happy New Year!
@cacay1 (32884)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
What a happy feeling then.
@cherigucchi (4778)
Christmas was wonderful! Glad you did enjoy it too.