my niece and the myLotter

I *think* that my nearly three year old Toddler Niece met a myLotter earlier this month! I know, right?! What a cheeky wee thing. She didn't know he was a myLotter. She doesn't even know what myLot is. She can't even read ... Don't be silly Auntie Poppylicious, I can't read words! Her Mummy and Daddy took her to see Father Christmas {possibly @owlwings?} at the Garden Centre. She swagged herself a giant bear, much to Mummy's annoyance. Mummy wanted her to have something educational. *yawn* Christmas was a joy. Toddler Niece is at just the right age to enjoy the unwrapping experience. I watched The Snowman for the very first time, EVER! Yes, I was ignorant of the goings on of magical snowmen, who have parties and then melt into nothingness. All dead-ed. She has seen it a multitude of times. Just wait and see, Auntie Poppylicious! I waited. I see'd. I told you! she would giggle. My MiL was her usual grumpy self. So rude to my SiLs Mumma, which they will assume is because she's poorly with this nasty Mr Cancer, but we all know is just because she's a miserable old bat. I ignored her and indulged in toffee vodka. Have you tried it? It's amazing. I'm definitely asking Father Christmas for some of that in my stocking next year. We finally got home just after midnight with Dr Who needing watching and presents still waiting to be opened, patiently sitting under the tree. We did good this year. We are blessed, me particularly. I don't know if it's because I'm just easily pleased and like more or less everything, or because people know me so well, or simply that I'm just so predictable! Whichever, we did good. Since then life has been a non-stop gorging of edibles {seriously, my tummy is HUGE!}, sniffly noses and an aching neck. We did make it out one day ... we popped to Quaint Historic Market Town to go walkies and spend pennies, coming home with some bargains and rosy cheeks. And now, there is just one more day left of 2017. Yikes. Will someone please stop the clock? Time is too speedy!
@owlwings (39218)
• Cambridge, England
If the village where the Garden Centre is began with an 'H' (for 'Ho-hoe-Horningsea', of course), then it would, indeed, have been me that she saw, though, of course, it wasn't me but Father Christmas she met and spoke to, because when I wear that red furry coat and preposterous beard I step out of my own persona and into that of an ancient and venerable person who is otherwise invisible. As FC, I personally questioned all of those bears to see whether they understood the serious task of caring for, comforting and educating small people like your niece and I absolutely knew that that particular bear was just exactly the one which would teach her the art and benefits of cuddles and silently whispered secrets. Mummy might have preferred her to have a Playdoh set or a big box with some crayons and a roll of paper to colour but I'm pretty sure that Toddler Niece was more than happy with her bear and very likely received plenty of 'educational' things besides on Christmas Day.
Oh, she got a huge amount of educational toys and stuff ... Mummy is a headteacher, so that's by-the-by. I buy her silly stuff, like cuddly cushions and funny hats/bags to make up for it all!
You had one swell time this Christmas!!!! I really need to see "The Snowman!"
Have you not seen it either? I thought I was the only person in the whole wide world!
@Poppylicious Nope, I have never seen it.
@xFiacre (4415)
@poppylicious And how will January's money be made to stretch all the way to the 31st thereof?
I shall buy nothing between now and the end of the month. Except foodstuffs. I've already bought next year's Christmas cards and three presents! I'm going to rock it this year!
Toffee vodka? How is it I never heard about this thing, I am very interested to know more. I am sorry your Mum is as grumpy as a Grinch during Christmas time, ignore her and have fun.
@owlwings (39218)
• Cambridge, England
I know that you can get high octane hooch by just stepping across the border from where you are, so you might be interested in how it is done. Werther's Originals are quite the best flavoured toffees we have here but there is probably something even better in Switzerland!
How to make toffee vodka in this super simple tutorial. It makes for a tasty drink and a thoughtful handmade gift. Toffee vodka is great in cocktails too.
@owlwings Thank you very much, I am checking the ingredients, I have vodka but no Werthers. This has to wait until Tuesday, it will be ready for the "Befana" day.
I'm pleased that you had fun - I've never watched the Snowman either - or The Sound of Music.
Okay, so The Snowman I can understand, but The Sound of Music?! How has that passed you by?
@Poppylicious I very rarely watch films.
@jaboUK Even when your big ones were little ones?!
oh well Times wait for no one.Just enjoy the few days of the year.You should be used to this.lol
At least I know that next Christmas will be here quite quickly, eh?!
@Poppylicious If I am still around?lol
@amadeo You'll still be knocking about. You better be, anyway!
• Preston, England
sounds like you got a lot done intriguing mix of secret santa and secret mylotter lol
Maybe next year I'll take her to see Father Christmas at the Garden Centre and then write about my experience of meeting a myLotter without him even knowing!
• Preston, England
@Poppylicious sounds a fun thing to do - yes Virginia, there is such a thing as Mylot
@TheSojourner (17454)
I have never seen the Snowman! and I hope that no one ever refers to me as a miserable old bat! Great story! And a Happy New Year to you!
Unless you are a miserable old bat, I doubt they will! And yay! Another person who has never seen The Snowman. I thought I was in a minority!
@Poppylicious Well, I do not think I am miserable. Nor do I think I am TOO old. The "bat" part? I use a different world. ROFLMAO
Well, it sounds like everyone had a great Christmas. Someday when she can understand you must tell her this story. My year ended in sorrow with the passing of my husband in August so I am certainly looking forward to this year ending and the new one to start.
So sorry to hear that. I can only imagine how hard it is to go through each 'first' without your loved one. May 2018 be happier for you. :)