Another Cold Day in the North

Green Bay, Wisconsin
If I had a choice, I wouldn't have gone out today. However, I had no choice. My laundry had to get done. I just checked the weather on the weather site and it's actually warmer than when I got up this morning at 3 F with a wind chill of -12 F. This morning it was -4 with -25 wind chill. So it's warmer, but it doesn't feel like it. I'm still trying to thaw out my feet and just might opt for a hot shower to get fully warm. At least my clothes are done. I only had two weeks worth of laundry and three loads. It took all afternoon. On the bright side, I did finish the book I've been reading. Kevin Sorbo - True Strength. It's a very good autobiography of his near death experience. Okay, I'm going to warm up now. How are you all doing on this almost last day of the year? Did you all accomplish what you set out to do on January 1st this year? I hope you did. I know I did and a lot more. Thanks for reading.
@Angela150 (957)
• London, England
I have got some laundry to do tommorrow!
Laundry is something that always needs doing.
@kobesbuddy (49609)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I'm glad to hear you're at home and getting warmed up! We had a chilly day, but I stayed home most of the time. Jay went deer hunting, which he loves to do!
I hope he gets a deer.
@kobesbuddy (49609)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him I looked out the side window this morning. There were two large deer, eating in my neighbors back yard! LOL
@kobesbuddy Cool! I take it then that the snow isn't too deep they can get at the grass beneath.
I didn't have any goals so no. Glad you did though
I don't always have goals going into the new year, but I do want to get another book published this year and continue with my diet. If all goes well, by this time next year, I will almost be at goal weight.
@just4him wel those seem like goals and good ones at that to have. And i hope you can make them.
@Courtlynn I should be able to, since I've been on this diet for 5 months now, I don't see me going off it any time soon. I'm also working on the next book when I'm not working on New Horizons. I do want to finish that one by February. Happy New Year!
laundry day isn't fun, I bet it took all day.
Five hours.
@just4him oh wow, that is a long time
@CookieMonster46 At least it's done. Next time it will be just one load.
It was 8 degrees here when we went out for church, way too cold!!
I'll take your cold. It was -3 when I went to church and took 15 minutes for the car to warm up enough for me to think about moving. I like to wait until the needle moves to the first hash mark on the gauge. It normally takes five minutes. Even the back window didn't completely thaw until I got to church, a twenty minute trip.
@just4him This morning it was -1 so we are getting there.But now I am headed south!!
@BelleStarr Enjoy Florida.
That was always something I enjoyed when I had to go to the laundrumat I got lots of time to sit and read.
That is one of the advantages of the laundromat, the other is the time saved if you have multiple loads. The disadvantage is the money spent.
@valmnz (12755)
• New Zealand
2017 was a wonderful year for me and 2018 has made an enjoyable start.
Awesome! I wish you a wonderful, Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year!
@Elizaby (3696)
• Pensacola, Florida
Brrrrr here too on this last day of the year with a dreary looking sky a damp cold (which many Northerners would prefer their dry cold to our cold..Can't wait til next week when e will get out the 40 highs and back into the low 60s. At least a week of these cold temps will decrease the bug population next spring and summer.
There's always an up side to the cold weather. We don't have a dry cold here, there's always a humidity factor to it. Happy New Year!
I have lived day by day, did not have any goals for 2017 as I don't see the point when I never know how I am going to feel every day.
Mostly I do too, but I do have my weight goal that I'm going to keep up with, and I want to get another book published this year. Happy New Year!
I don't really set any goals. Just do what I need to do. It's been super cold here the last few days.
Here too. Happy New Year!
I haven't set any goals for 2018, but I plan to complete a few projects started in 2017.
I hope you can complete them in a timely manner. Happy New Year!
I suspect you will have a cold conclusion to the year.
And the beginning of the new year too. We're not expected to get up to the teens until week after next. Going to be a mite chilly around here.
I had a great 2017 too. I'm hoping 2018 will be just as good. I hope you have a wonderful New Year too.
I'm glad you did. Thank you.
@1hopefulman (30137)
Very cold here too! I went grocery shopping and I almost froze waiting for the bus and I started running back and forth to warm up. I can't think of anything that I wanted to do but didn't do. That's one good think about Alzheimer!
I'm glad you accomplished your goals.
I can't even imagine the cold that must have been. I'm glad you're home and warming up.
Thank you. It feels good to be warm. It's amazing what a warm shower will do for you.
• Lucknow, India
Man that is cold... Here it has been 3 days since I hv seen the Sun... Last day of the year has brought a beautiful surprise which you can read about in my post... And it will be party time in the night
I hope your surprise was the sun, though that is not a welcome surprise here. I like clouds. It's warmer.
@tammys85 (10641)
Oh man. It's been pretty cold here too. Like where it hurts your cheeks or ears, brrrrr. I hope you were able to warm up. I make goals, which is to just be happy, do well, etc. So I guess I've accomplished them, but I'm looking to make this year better.