Happy New Year 2018

@garymarsh6 (13050)
United Kingdom
I know I am a little late to wish you all a very happy New Year. I am finding my time increasingly taken up with real life. I simply have not had the time I would like to read and rate. Apart from that we had a wonderful Christmas and New Year although I was working in between I guess like a lot of you! We are terribly busy at work and sadly for some patients they were not going to see the New Year in but I flew around trying to see as many as I could. They made me smile when they said we are so pleased you have given me your time you really cheer me up! So despite running around like a demented fool that is my reward to know that I have at least made someones day before they depart this world. My grand children had me in stitches over the holiday period. I love their innocence it is so refreshing and I don't want them to grow up too fast and miss out on facing reality of this sometimes harsh world. I understand from the News that the temperatures in the USA are abysmally low this year. I hope that all mylotters in the USA are well and are keeping themselves warm. Well we are already in 2018 and I love the fact that it is getting lighter by a minute a day! The turning point was the 21st of December so we can all look forward to lighter and longer days! Wishing you all well for 2018 I hope this year will be kind to everyone! The photo is of Angkor Wat temple in Cambodia.
@Asylum (48292)
• Manchester, England
So you have finally caught up with 2018 Gary. Happy New Year.
@garymarsh6 (13050)
Hope this year is a better one for you!!!
@Asylum (48292)
• Manchester, England
@garymarsh6 Thank you Gary, so do I.
Happy belated New Year to you.
@garymarsh6 (13050)
I hope 2018 is good for you!
Happy New Year I am so glad you were able to make someone who would pass so happy, it must be bittersweet for you. It is not cold where I am, mostly that is happening in the upper northern and eastern states. From what I have read about what they are getting I'm counting my lucky stars that I am here and not there.
@garymarsh6 (13050)
I thought I read that there were a few flakes of snow flying around in Texas. Glad it is not too bad where you live. I do so hate the snow. Happy New Year to you and hope 2018 is a good one for you!
I don't know about the rest of Texas but here in the far western area we only got a few flurries on one day and that's all so far @garymarsh6 It's been in the 50s and 60s most days.
@garymarsh6 (13050)
@rebelann That's a very nice temperature to have to cope with! I think it is colder here!
Happy New Year to you Gary. Your time had made the patients happy, there is nothing more depressing than spending the holidays in a hospital bed. I have spent the last day of the year with my Mom, I am glad I did, because the 2 she passed away.
@garymarsh6 (13050)
OH Anna I am so sorry to hear that. Sending you my thoughts, condolences and best wishes.
@garymarsh6 Thank you Gary. I thought to be prepared but I was not fully prepared. Today I feel better, I know she is happier now, no more suffering.
@garymarsh6 (13050)
@LadyDuck Nothing can really prepare you for what is inevitable. It is a very personal thing Anna and still hard to deal with. I hope you can find some solace with your happy memories of which there will be many! Big Hugs!
I hope that this will be a good year for you Gary. How lovely that you can ease someone's passage from this world.
@garymarsh6 (13050)
Although it might sound morbid it does not frighten me or spook me but is terribly sad especially if they have no family or friends. Anyway Happy New Year. Start planning your next getaway!
@garymarsh6 Am doing just that - we're looking at a 28 day cruise to the Caribbean in November. My husband hasn't been too well lately, but he's picking up a bit now, so hope he will be able to make it.
@garymarsh6 (13050)
@jaboUK OH lovely. I had to go and look at a ship on Friday just leaving Tilbury for its five month around the world cruise. I want to do the same when I retire Janet! I am counting the days! I hope he is well enough to enjoy that. Plenty of rest and the nice warm sun might just do the trick with nice things to eat and plenty of fresh sea air!
A belated New Year's greeting to you ! Hope you will do even better in 2018,both work and life,like sesame stalks putting forth flowers notch by notch,higher and higher as we put it here.
@garymarsh6 (13050)
I hope you have had a wonderful time and I hope 2018 is going to be a good one for you too!
@garymarsh6 Thank you very much !
Happy New Year! Good to hear from you.
@garymarsh6 (13050)
HI there. Best wishes to you and your family and I hope 2018 is a good year for you!
@garymarsh6 .....Thank you. Same to you.
@aureliah (10803)
Glad that you made people smile and you had an awesome time. Happy New Year
@garymarsh6 (13050)
Happy New Year to you too. I hope it will be a fantastic year for you!
@aureliah (10803)
@garymarsh6 I'm very optimistic about it
Have a joyful 2018 !
@garymarsh6 (13050)
And you too Marlina I hope it is not too cold for you over there?
I wish you and your family all the best for the new year.
@garymarsh6 (13050)
Hi Kandase Happy New Year to you and your family too. I hope 2018 will be a brilliant one!
Have a wonderful and happy New Year!!!!! My son has that same photo from his honeymoon. lol
@garymarsh6 (13050)
Yes I bet he had a super time out in the Far East. I expect he has some super photos Angkor Wat is a superb and amazing place the largest temple complex in the world and to think it was lost for 2-300 years is incredible! Happy New Year to you DianneN I hope 2018 brings you lots of joy and happiness.
@Gillygirl (16793)
• Sutton, England
Happy new year. It must be so rewarding to give cheer to sick people.
@garymarsh6 (13050)
Terribly sad too. I hope this year you will feel much better. Happy New Year Gilly!
@Platespinner (16791)
Happy New Year to you as well! It's kind of comforting to know that other people get too busy to MyLot as well!
@garymarsh6 (13050)
Haha that made me smile thank you! Yes sometimes real life takes over doing something you enjoy doing but it is nice to be able to come back in and carry on as if you have not been away. Happy New Year to you and I hope you have a wonderful year!
Wishing you a very Happy New Year and that 2018 is a great year
@garymarsh6 (13050)
Happy New Year to you too Marilyn. I hope you are keeping well and warm. Soon spring will be hear and it will start to get warm again!
Such a wonderful thing you do to spend time with those who may be not long for this world. Glad you had such fun with your grandchildren. It is really cold here, but that makes us overjoyed when spring comes around. Wishing you a very happy New Year too!
I'm glad you were able to cheer people up before they passed on. I wish your grandchildren will keep their innocence as long as possible. Thank you. We've been in the deep freeze in the mid-west and now the east coast has been slammed with what they call a snow bomb. We're seeing warmer temps for the next few days. Going into the 20's here. It will feel like a heatwave after the last two weeks.
Happy New Year Gary