My Houseguest Returns for 2 Months

@FayeHazel (17164)
I didn't sleep too well last night because my house guest kept running over me and staring in my face in the night. She's 14, petite and her name is Bridgette. And she is the adorable cat in the photo. I watched her last year for a month while her owner vacationed - and now he's going out of the country again and this time for 2 months so we can "hang out" for longer this time. The first time I had her, she hid somewhere for 5 hours before she came out and cautiously eyed me. She took a few days to warm up to me fully, but after that we got along great. This time - she didn't hide or anything , she was social right away rubbing ankles and giving kisses (and begging food)-- it was really cool. She remembered me. It's like 2 old pals catching up. The owner didn't bring with her toys this time, so when I'm out today I will pick a few up. This is so fun. Even though she's a senior kitty - she is active. She seems to even remember my place and where things are. Have you ever "pet-sit" for someone? Photo: Bridgette - my houseguest
I've never done any pet sitting...but I've had someone 'borrow' one of my cats for a week once to take care of a mouse problem She solved it.
@FayeHazel (17164)
Cat loan program... I love it lol
She sure is a beauty. So glad she has become used to you and your place. We do pet-sit for friends and family every now and then.
@FayeHazel (17164)
Thanks, she is a cutie :-)
No, I am not a pet person really . I won't mind an aquarium with fish.
@FayeHazel (17164)
Fish can be fun! I'm thinking about getting another betta myself
@KristenH (23733)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Aww she's so adorable. I have pet-sit my brother's pet in the past. I've done it for neighbors when I lived in NJ years ago. I have a semi-active senior kitty too.
@FayeHazel (17164)
I love senior pets :-)
• Peoria, Arizona
I sw cats are never seniors, some are as active as they are when they were a few weeks old. I knew a cat who was 18 going on 19 and she ran like crazy and wanted to play all the time. She is a beautiful cat by the way! I pet sit for my dad but I go over to his place to take care of his dogs.
@FayeHazel (17164)
I love that! There are more seniors pets who act like little ones. lol. Thanks, she's so cute. I'm sure your dad appreciates the help with the dogs. :-)
• Peoria, Arizona
@FayeHazel I wish I could pet sit a cat haha but dogs are not so bad, except when there is like 7 of them
@AngelesF (297)
• Spain
Never, but I love cats!! And that picture is so nice! I have right now a cat, named Neko (it means "cat" in Japanese!)
@FayeHazel (17164)
Thanks! She is a little cutie! I love Neko's name and the meaning :-) What color is he/she?
@AngelesF (297)
• Spain
@FayeHazel Oh, he's half siamese, I mean, his father is siamese and her mother a long hair cat. He's fantastic!
@nanette64 (17479)
• Fairfield, Texas
Bridgette is absolutely adorable @FayeHazel . I have too many of my own to pet-sit.
@FayeHazel (17164)
That is great you have many of your own :-)
@nanette64 (17479)
• Fairfield, Texas
@FayeHazel Yeah, 12.
She is so darn cute! Cats are so smart and remember everything. I pet sit for Doodle, and sometimes for Kuma, and think of them as my own. I've also pet sat for my older son's two dogs. Love them all!!!!
@FayeHazel (17164)
I love black cats, she reminded me of Doodles actually :-) Pet sitting is the best!
@FayeHazel Awww, thanks. Actually, she looks more like my DIL's make cat, Fredo. He's all black with one white hair. lol
• Cleveland, Ohio
I temporarily took in my aunt's cat Ginger recently. She's also a senior at twelve. My aunt was looking for a new place to live after a pretty messy divorce, but I'm happy to say that both she and Ginger are living happily in their nice new apartment.
@FayeHazel (17164)
That was really nice of you to take in Ginger so that she had a nice, clam place to stay while your aunt was getting settled.
@FourWalls (13338)
Aww, just look at that sweet face!!!! Bet she’s a monster. All sweet faced babies just have sweet faces to hide the truth about them! Wish I could have a cat. I’m terribly allergic to them, though.
@FayeHazel (17164)
Ah yes, she's pretty spunky when she wants to be. She's actually hilarious :-) Sorry to hear about allergies that is no fun
What a sweet little face. Doesn't look a day over 10.
@FayeHazel (17164)
She looks and acts like a kitty :-)
That's so cool! I house sat for a week once because the couple had a dog and a cat. I remember the dog jumped up and snatched my tangerine right out of my hand. I thought it was hilarious!
@FayeHazel (17164)
Who would of thought a dog would like a tangerine? That's hilarious. House sitting sounds fun too
Oh that face! We don't pet-sit - my kids are allergic to fur. I do remember when I was living at my parents' house, my sister dropped off her teeny kitten for a few days. She was the cutest thing but on my gosh it would not allow me to sleep. She'd hop onto my pillow and just lick my ears for hours !!
@FayeHazel (17164)
Lol, true! I don't know what cats have against someone who is trying to sleep.
@dgobucks226 (11571)
Black cats are cool! I owned one and was "lucky" to have her in my life...
@FayeHazel (17164)
I love black cats. I'm happy you got to have a black cat :-)
@dgobucks226 (11571)
@FayeHazel Thanks, when the time is right for me I will look for another.
That sounds cool. Bridgette feels comfortable with you.That is very good. Yes, when I had my dog I babysat another dog for a few hours. I also while living in the States babysat for a friend. I did not have pets. I took care of his Siamese the cat went nuts and bounced off the wall literally. I was afraid of that cat.
@FayeHazel (17164)
Oh dear. I heard that Siamese cats could be tempermental. That one does sound scary.
@FayeHazel It was before I had my own so maybe it could sense it. I had a hairdresser that cut my hair once at her mother's home and her mom had a siamese. The cat kept coming by me and I felt like it felt directly into my soul and then when it liked me the cat would come and let me pet her. I think because she knew I had one at home I was ok.
@dpk262006 (56104)
No, I have not pet-sit for someone. Even if I am offered, I won't do it.
@FayeHazel (17164)
I admit - it is more of a responsibility, even though a cat is easier care than , say, a dog ... do you not like pets? Or have allergies?
@dpk262006 (56104)
@FayeHazel I am not sure if cat is easier to handle than a dog, you know better. I do not like pets.
Aww glad you have her back for a little bit. Enjoy time together.
@FayeHazel (17164)
Thanks! She's so funny. Off napping somewhere now.
Bridgette looks so lovely - and how nice that she remembered you. You might have trouble giving her back at the end of two months.
@FayeHazel (17164)
I know - now that we are about 1/2 through with our visit - I know I will miss the added company and attitude in my day when she goes home :-)
Such a pretty cat! I have dog sat before, but both times were not at my home.
@FayeHazel (17164)
She's a cutie. I call her tiny tot - she's only about 7 pounds. Pet sitting is fun
Aww how sweet she remembered you and wasn’t scared this time. It must have been hard on her last time not knowing you and wondering where her owner would return. I’m glad she’s excited this time.
@FayeHazel (17164)
She's been great company :-)