Disappointed with first interview

@peachpurple (12872)
Malaysia
Remember my previous post that I had mentioned i had a phone interview NOT walk in interview ? Thanks for all the advice given but I am disappointed with the interviewer. It is an outstation phone interview, 8 had waited from 2 pm the interview time until 5pm, he did not call. So I called the company, asked the interviewer whether he had forgotten about it or not. He remembered, read my resume but didn't want to interview me because of my age. I told him I could do the job although I had not work for ten years. He said he found someone else. Then why did he email to me for a interview if he cannot accept my age???? So disappointed.
He should have at least given you a call/email out of courtesy since that was the scheduled interview time .
@peachpurple (12872)
yes, he should at least SMS
@hereandthere (31815)
he should have only contacted those candidates that they're really interested in.
@peachpurple (12872)
you are right, he should had only contacted those he is keen
@sallypup (27505)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'm sorry it did not work out for you. Perhaps there is a better place.
@peachpurple (12872)
I sure hope so
@BraveFart (384)
• Zimbabwe
I’m sorry you didn’t get the job. Getting hired becomes a hurdle once you get past their required age in most firms. You’ll definitely get another call but from a different company, everything has a reason.
@peachpurple (12872)
Thanks, I think so too
What a lack of manners! If the age was a problem, they would have stated this immediately.
@peachpurple If that was important, they should have so that to avoid people to waste their time.
You did suffer a great disappointment. The interviewer really was quite rude, in my opinion.
@peachpurple (12872)
yes, I agree with you
• Preston, England
so sorry, they should have notified you that they changed their minds instead of leaving you waiting and falsely keeping your hopes up - it is their loss, not yours
@peachpurple (12872)
thanks for your kind words, yup it is their loss
I am sorry you did not get the interview.
@peachpurple (12872)
thansk for your kind words
@m_audrey6788 (13665)
I know the feeling of waiting and expecting a chance but ended up ignored and rejected because of age I hope you`ll not stop trying and see other available jobs
@peachpurple (12872)
thanks, nope I am not giving up yet
@peachpurple That`s the spirit! Good luck and wish you get the right job soon
@peachpurple (12872)
@m_audrey6788 thanks very much, I am still hunting for jobs now, busy these days
@dodo19 (33037)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
This makes absolutely no sense. I don't understand this at all. If he didn't want to interview you, he shouldn't have emailed you in the first place.
@peachpurple (12872)
yeah, doesn't make sense at all
@peachpurple (12872)
Yup, it doesn't make sense at all
That can be quite annoying making you wait when he had decided not to call you. I am sure you will have better luck next time.
@peachpurple (12872)
Waiting anxiously, drove me nuts, thanks
@peachpurple I hate waiting too
@aureliah (16668)
I’m really sorry about that. They should have never emailed you to give you false hope. Another job will soon come and you will get it
@peachpurple (12872)
thanks, I am trying other jobs now
@aureliah (16668)
@peachpurple You are welcome
I think this is considered a discrimantion thing. I am sorry for that, my friend. We can still have a better one.
@peachpurple (12872)
yup, it is a discriminating fact indeed
@peachpurple I had experienced this before. I had confronted the HR before.
@sjvg1976 (18368)
That feels bad. Even I wonder why did they call you when you were not suitable for the job because of your age.
@peachpurple (12872)
that's right, why call when I am not suitable
@holdoors (1672)
He should have informed you earlier.It does not reflect well on him. Good luck further with your search.
@peachpurple (12872)
Yup, he should had at least send an email or sms to me
Now that's rather frustrating to be waiting for a scheduled interview that didn't happen. It wasn't fair that they emailed you when they had no intention to interview you. That's not fair to keep the hopes up when there's no hope to speak of.
@peachpurple (12872)
yup not fair at all but what to do, I cannot complain them because they have all my resume particulars in their hands
@dgobucks226 (12698)
There is a lack of common courtesy among some people in the business world. Apparently, the interviewer did not want to deal with contacting you to tell you they had filled the position. I would not want to work for a company whose employees treat people that way. And saying age is the reason for cancelling a phone interview is not right! That is discriminatory!
@nela13 (7484)
• Portugal
If your age was a problem, why did they contact you?
In the US you cannot discriminate because of age, is it allowed in your country?
@dodoazo (20298)
It's good you have followed it up. At least you know. However you can't question them for they have right to call you not or not email you besides they had already hired someone. Find another. There are so many. Don't lose hope. Good luck.