Change of Plans

Green Bay, Wisconsin
It's a good thing I didn't put the laundry in the car as I planned to do and then go straight to my son's after church. I called him when I got home, and he is on his way to Illinois to pick up his son. I didn't ask him what's up, but hope everything is okay with him. So, I'll be working on Thread of Evidence and watching a couple episodes of Downton Abbey, that I started watching a couple days ago. I'll also check in here from time to time. My notifications are finished for the moment. I'm also making spaghetti for dinner. With spaghetti squash, my new favorite way to eat spaghetti. Tomorrow, I'll be doing laundry. I also have a meeting in the morning with my pastor. I'm going to be teaching the Bible to three ladies from church in a couple weeks and I feel it's important he knows what I'm teaching them. He agreed. So after I see him tomorrow morning, I will be going to my son's to get the laundry done. Today looks like it will be a very relaxed day. How about you? Hectic or relaxed. What kind of day are you having? Thanks for reading.
Relaxing here, just doing a few things
That's great. It's good to have days like that.
@Gillygirl (17281)
• Sutton, England
For me it's been about relaxing. I do like Downton Abbey. Are you watching it via Netflix?
No, I have all the seasons for it. I've been wanting to watch it, but never had time. I did see the first three seasons already a couple years ago, but didn't have time for the rest. Now, I'm going to try to get it all watched, so started it again, with the hope of finishing it.
I love spaghetti squash. I make meatballs and have them over spaghetti squash and then you don’t miss the pasta so much
Me too and it's so good
@NJChicaa That's how I prepared it. It was great!
@Marilynda1225 Yes, it is.
I loved Downton Abbey. I'll be rushing off to my brother's in a bit, then we're all going out for pizza at the only decent place in all of Florida for pizza.
It's too bad they have only one good pizza place in Florida. They must be busy. I hope you had a good evening with your brother. I'm enjoying Downton Abbey too. I'm going to be starting Season 2 when I get home. Currently I'm at my son's doing laundry and myLotting.
@just4him The water here prevents a good pizza and good bagels, but we found a couple of decent places for both. We had a fun night, thanks. Keep enjoying Downton Abbey. It's so well done.
@DianneN I never thought about water being bad for pizza or bagels - probably the humidity? I've just started on Season 2 last night. I agree, it is well done.
@Platespinner (16494)
Relaxed. Our choir director and his wife are down with a stomach bug, so all choir activities and rehearsal have been cancelled for today. Suddenly I have time on my hands that I don't usually get on Sunday evening.
I'm sorry the choir director and his wife are down with the stomach bug. I heard on KLOVE this morning that the flu is bad this year and is in most if not all states. I hope you don't get it.
That I wonderful that you will be teaching those 3 ladies the Bible. Glad you will meet with your pastor too. A good day here visiting Dad who is amazing for age 96.
That's great he's doing well. I saw the pastor this morning and he was very positive about the first lesson I have ready. I also saw the associate pastor who was there before the pastor showed up, and he was also enthusiastic about it. Now, I'm doing laundry at my son's.
@kavinitu (4866)
Relaxing here, time for bed
I hope you had a good night's sleep.
@Elizaby (3661)
• Pensacola, Florida
Now that grocery shopping is done it will be a relaxing day in doors as rain is expected then a warm up from highs in the mid 40-50s to 70 by next weekend
I'm glad it's warming up for you. We're having a heatwave. We're in the 30's today after the bitter wind chills of the past two weeks.
Spaghetti squash is awesome! Good for you. I havent yet tried to make it on my own but have had some my sister made. Have a relaxjng day :)
It's very easy to make. I bake it whole first before I cut it as it's very hard to cut. Wait for it to cool a short time, cut it, and put it back in the oven. Oven time is 45 minutes. The second time I put it in for about 15 minutes. It makes it very easy to fork when I put it back in the oven for a few minutes more. I did have a relaxing day, thank you.
Sunday has mainly been relaxing. I am tired, I feel very tired.
I'm glad it was relaxing. I can understand your being very tired. Grief does that.
@just4him Now that the stress of seeing her so sick and suffering is over, I am tired all the time.
@LadyDuck Your body is telling you, you need to rest.
Not much day.Doing some reading and some excersize.
Reading is good.
@just4him reading is very good for me.
@amadeo Reading is very good. It keeps the imagination alive.
Yum I love spaghetti squash!
So do I. It's a new favorite.
Sounds like a good day. I'm trying to get something done on here before I lose energy.
I hope you did.
@MsBooklover (3907)
It is wonderful that you are teaching some of the ladies at your church. I wish we had something like that here where I live. I love spaghetti squash. That would make a fine casserole, too. I have never watched Downtown Abbey but hear it is popular.
They don't have it at my church either, but now they sorta do, since I'm teaching some of the ladies from church. I found out about spaghetti squash by accident, and love it. Downton Abbey is very good.
@just4him Let us know how teaching the ladies goes for you. Spaghetti squash is a fun vegetable. I have not had it for awhile. It is good all year long.
@MsBooklover I'll do that. Yes, it's wonderful. The first time I tried it, I vowed never to have it again. I didn't understand about it and found it complicated. Then my friend told me how you're supposed to fork it to get the squash from it. With my understanding enlightened, I've been eating it properly since, and enjoying it.
We spent part of our day in Niagara Falls, and had a wonderful delicious big brunch before leaving. The drive home was so nice, the sun shone and we had a lot of laughs together in the car. Just before we got home, I pointed out how dark the sky was in 1 direction, my husband laughed and said, that's home. And now its snowing.....again. I was so glad that we went, we haven't seen the sun shine in a very long time.
I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy yourself.
@just4him Thanks, it really was wonderful. You would be able to relate to that because you're a cold weather lover also.
@Juliaacv I'm sure I could. I've seen pictures of Niagara Falls frozen and it's awe inspiring.
@Jackalyn (6655)
• Oxford, England
So you are onto another book? I am still working on covers for mine. It is great about the Bible Study. Are you writing it or using a particular course? Enjoy Downton. It is Monday here and I have been hibernating from extreme cold and writing on my bed with the electric blanket on.
I have several completed books. I'm working on the edit and revision of Thread of Evidence. It's going well. I hope you do well with the book covers. Thanks, I'm looking forward to it. I have the first lesson for the third Saturday this month and then every Saturday thereafter, except the second Saturday as that is another church event, Sounds like you have the cold weather we had here, Stay warm.
@Jackalyn (6655)
• Oxford, England
@just4him I have actually stayed on the electric blanked all days and am claiming to be in touch with my inner squirrel till the weather warms up.
@Jackalyn That's good. I hope it works out well with your inner squirrel.
@LeaPea2417 (20446)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I have heard of making spaghetti with spaghetti squash but have never tried it.
It's great!
@LeaPea2417 (20446)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@just4him I will have to now try it sometime soon.
@LeaPea2417 I hope you do.
@resukill22 (4862)
facing my mylot
Have a good day.
@just4him same to you
@nela13 (7051)
• Portugal
My sunday wasn't bad but I had a lot of things to do as It was my only free Day during the all week
I hope you got it all done.
@nela13 (7051)
• Portugal
@just4him not everything, I have two small kids and they need my attention too
@sueznewz2 (9997)
• Alicante, Spain
definitely relaxing... I'm glad you have the opportunity to do a bible study... I'm sure the ladies will enjoy it...
Thank you. We're all looking forward to it. I showed the first lesson plan to pastor this morning and he said it was a good way to start.
@sueznewz2 (9997)
• Alicante, Spain
@just4him good