No Escape!

pixabay image
As we go through life we must be in touch with a variety of people and personalities - the good, the bad and the ugly. We meet them at work, play , business dealings, church, and even online - there is no escape. Our hope is that we cross paths more with the productive than the destructive. Online I am not part of any facebook group, I am not on twitter or other social sites - Mylot is my only site, the site where I come to relax, discuss have fun and earn - but even here there can be no total escape. Sometimes you see a post by a member and you can't help but wonder - what was he or she thinking? how can someone actually think like that? Most times I would ignore and move on , because we are free to voice our opinions - within the guidelines of course, but other times it is difficult to ignore. What do you do when you see a post or a comment that truly leaves you amazed - do you ignore it or attempt to sway that person's way of thinking ?
I read things that would require a "non politically correct response". I prefer not to comment and to on. How much would I like to type my honest opinion sometimes.
I know what you mean. sometimes great restraint must be employed.
Honest, ethical and moral opinions only serve to get you blocked! People cannot handle honesty, and most people do not know how to agree to disagree. Sometimes, this is even true with Highly Educated, so-called smart people.
@CoralLevang You are so right Coral. You cannot say the truth and be popular. The best we can do is to say nothing when we have nothing nice to say.
I say what ever I think is right.
Good for you.
As you have rightly said we have the freedom to pick and choose and that is what I do.
@1hopefulman (34745)
If it's interesting or intriguing I'll read it and say something in response. If it's repulsive to me then I'll move on.
@db20747 (11242)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Agreed, Cant run my blood pressure up any higher!
Me too.
@1hopefulman (34745)
@db20747 Right! We have enough stress already. myLot should be a stress-free site.
@Icydoll (27560)
I just ignore it..never responded for such posts.one can't impress everyone with post .but some should be aware of what they are posting.i never look posts with politics and..some ...I don't wanna say that too.even though they put rules some crossing it
I suppose that's best.
@Icydoll (27560)
@Kandae11 yeah ignore is best..have good time friend :)
@Icydoll You too.
@Blondie2222 (22867)
Most times I read post here and think why ? or what are they thinking ? This is the only site i come too also besides facebook. Even on facebook the things my friends post i have the same questions to myself.
I can imagine what Facebook is like.
@Blondie2222 (22867)
@Kandae11 haha right. I only get on to see what my family is doing and that's it.
I skip posts that look like they might give me a negative feeling. I have gotten really good at skipping those.
Yes, indeed - I won't want to feel stressed at Mylot.
@SAM774 (4188)
I ignore... That's the best way according to me
I have ignored many and replied to a few.
@SAM774 (4188)
@Kandae11 great....
@Meramar (2730)
Responding on those kind of posts only may worsen the situation. It's better to just turn away and go ahead with your own life.
Most I ignore.
@Meramar (2730)
Mostly I ignore it because I know they will never understand my point of view. It can be really hard to ignore some posts but rather than get into an argument that will go on and on, I move on. Sometimes I do a post with my point of view but without attempting to draw the other person into it or mentioning them. That way I feel better without hopefully getting into a heated debate.
I do not like heated debates, I try to disagree as nicely as possible - and the mylot emoticons really help.
@Kandae11 They do indeed. I am always adding a smile or laugh so people know I'm perhaps joking or at least not upset.
I skip many. Especially the Trump bashing. I have nothing to say about it because if I do I am told I am stupid or wrong, so I skip A LOT.
I am scared to touch political posts, though I have commented on a few.
@Kandae11 same here.
It is here on this great site that I get the variety of people thinking differently on something offering a new perspective I might have missed and it feels so rewarding . . . I am getting better at ignoring the complete nonsense spewn from some though
After awhile we get accustomed. Sorry about the late reply. my internet was giving real problems in the past few months, that's why.
• Lenox, Georgia
I pray for them, really I do. You can't change anyone's way of thinking but sometimes I will leave a positive response to help them see a different perspective.
Sometimes people only believe what they want to believe - so trying to make them view things in a different way would be hard.
• Austin, Texas
If I'm not moved to make a comment, I move on.
Many times l am moved to make comments on posts that have been there for an hour or more with no responses.
@cttolledo (5049)
I usually respond. Reading such kind of post makes me more curious to know that person better. I want to know more their life stories, I want to understand why they're like that. For me, they're the one that triggers most the interactions here because readers can't help it not to react.
That is very true.
@peachpurple (12765)
True we meet all kinds of people offline and 9nline
Indeed we do.
I just like and do not respond.
That's the easy way out.
@Madshadi (9029)
• Brussels, Belgium
I would ignore it, unless it's politics. And I don't like bigots and racists. I would shut them down
I try to avoid political posts.
@Shiva49 (14503)
I am active only here and not at social media sites. If I cannot make meaningful comment I move on. I always go for positive impact but then I cannot avoid some misunderstandings - siva
@hostessman (10261)
• Tucson, Arizona
i am not here to judge anyone just to enjoy myself... i will just take or leave whatever is said