NO ESCAPE!

pixabay image
As we go through life we must be in touch with a variety of people and personalities - the good, the bad and the ugly. We meet them at work, play , business dealings, church, and even online - there is no escape. Our hope is that we cross paths more with the productive than the destructive. Online I am not part of any facebook group, I am not on twitter or other social sites - Mylot is my only site, the site where I come to relax, discuss have fun and earn - but even here there can be no total escape. Sometimes you see a post by a member and you can't help but wonder - what was he or she thinking? how can someone actually think like that? Most times I would ignore and move on , because we are free to voice our opinions - within the guidelines of course, but other times it is difficult to ignore. What do you do when you see a post or a comment that truly leaves you amazed - do you ignore it or attempt to sway that person's way of thinking ?
I read things that would require a "non politically correct response". I prefer not to comment and to on. How much would I like to type my honest opinion sometimes.
I know what you mean. sometimes great restraint must be employed.
@CoralLevang (16087)
Honest, ethical and moral opinions only serve to get you blocked! People cannot handle honesty, and most people do not know how to agree to disagree. Sometimes, this is even true with Highly Educated, so-called smart people.
@CoralLevang You are so right Coral. You cannot say the truth and be popular. The best we can do is to say nothing when we have nothing nice to say.
I say what ever I think is right.
Good for you.
As you have rightly said we have the freedom to pick and choose and that is what I do.
@Icydoll (1687)
I just ignore it..never responded for such posts.one can't impress everyone with post .but some should be aware of what they are posting.i never look posts with politics and..some ...I don't wanna say that too.even though they put rules some crossing it
I suppose that's best.
@Icydoll (1687)
@Kandae11 yeah ignore is best..have good time friend :)
@Icydoll You too.
@Blondie2222 (19062)
Most times I read post here and think why ? or what are they thinking ? This is the only site i come too also besides facebook. Even on facebook the things my friends post i have the same questions to myself.
I can imagine what Facebook is like.
@Blondie2222 (19062)
@Kandae11 haha right. I only get on to see what my family is doing and that's it.
I skip posts that look like they might give me a negative feeling. I have gotten really good at skipping those.
Yes, indeed - I won't want to feel stressed at Mylot.
• Jalandhar, India
I would love to post my opinion freely but i cannot
There must be guidelines which we adhere to.
@CoralLevang (16087)
@Kandae11 I'm sure that the guidelines in today's society are much different than the guidelines in the old philosopher's view of order. Most people that think they can have open and intellectual discussions are nothing more than bullies who only want to hear those who are in agreement or will follow like sheep.
@Gillygirl (15678)
• Sutton, England
@CoralLevang I understand what you say Coral but like Lori I came across a jerk and sadly I couldn't help putting my point of view. However it was a waste of time really.
@SAM774 (2397)
I ignore... That's the best way according to me
I have ignored many and replied to a few.
@SAM774 (2397)
@Kandae11 great....
@Meramar (2080)
Responding on those kind of posts only may worsen the situation. It's better to just turn away and go ahead with your own life.
Most I ignore.
@Meramar (2080)
Mostly I ignore it because I know they will never understand my point of view. It can be really hard to ignore some posts but rather than get into an argument that will go on and on, I move on. Sometimes I do a post with my point of view but without attempting to draw the other person into it or mentioning them. That way I feel better without hopefully getting into a heated debate.
I do not like heated debates, I try to disagree as nicely as possible - and the mylot emoticons really help.
@Kandae11 They do indeed. I am always adding a smile or laugh so people know I'm perhaps joking or at least not upset.
I skip many. Especially the Trump bashing. I have nothing to say about it because if I do I am told I am stupid or wrong, so I skip A LOT.
I am scared to touch political posts, though I have commented on a few.
@Kandae11 same here.
I pray for them, really I do. You can't change anyone's way of thinking but sometimes I will leave a positive response to help them see a different perspective.
Sometimes people only believe what they want to believe - so trying to make them view things in a different way would be hard.
• Austin, Texas
If I'm not moved to make a comment, I move on.
Many times l am moved to make comments on posts that have been there for an hour or more with no responses.
@cttolledo (3004)
• Batangas, Philippines
I usually respond. Reading such kind of post makes me more curious to know that person better. I want to know more their life stories, I want to understand why they're like that. For me, they're the one that triggers most the interactions here because readers can't help it not to react.
That is very true.
@peachpurple (11798)
True we meet all kinds of people offline and 9nline
Indeed we do.
I just like and do not respond.
That's the easy way out.
@Bluedoll (17183)
It depends. I try to write my ideas if I am not sure with words like that, I'm not positive, not to be confused with not being positive. lol But some people have their mind set on something and that is okay I think? They are not asking for help but making a statement. The world is round, God is good, butter is better than marg and mylot is not my family it is a website on line that I like. However the internet works because aliens are in charge - now that might be debatable. you think?
Haha, aliens? definitely food for thought.
@Madshadi (6963)
• Brussels, Belgium
I would ignore it, unless it's politics. And I don't like bigots and racists. I would shut them down
I try to avoid political posts.
no I just go on.Why bother.
@Bluedoll (17183)
go on to what?
@Gillygirl (15678)
• Sutton, England
Most of the time I would ignore a post I disapproved off but if it's beyond the pail I have to say something. Luckily it's not often.
Yes there were a few where l just had to say something.@Gillygirl.
@Gillygirl (15678)
• Sutton, England
@Kandae11 Eek there is certainly a ladies man running round this site.