Something that blows my mind about super-Christians

My neighbors across the street from me are super Christians. I say that to distinguish them from other Christians in that they take the Bible pretty literally and believe the Earth is like 5000 years old, evolution doesn't happen, homosexuality is a choice and a mortal sin, etc. Anyway, my neighbors and I are friends on Facebook. The other day I saw that the wife had shared a 2 minute video titled "Evolution destroyed in 2 minutes". I was like "sure, let's go!" and I watched it. The best (read: most ridiculous) part was where it showed 80 different types of dinosaurs getting onto Noah's Ark. So, I believe that would be 160, right? 2 of each? Nevermind all of the other creatures who had to fit into that primitively-made wooden vessel. And I'm sure that the dinos went on a voluntary fast during those 40 days so as to allow the other creatures to survive. . . but I digress. Anyway, one of my neighbor's FB friends (no doubt also super-Christian) responded with "I don't believe in dinosaurs". *insert my head exploding* ARE YOU KIDDING ME? We have their bones!!!! We've found almost intact skeletons of some of them! Yes, I agree that what you see put up in museums are plaster models because the bones are so heavy, but the scientists have found actual bones! When my husband and I visited the Museum of Natural History last March, we were able to actually see some of them on display which was super cool. What do they say? "There are none so blind as those who will not see." That's how I feel about the super-Christians and their refusal to acknowledge science. Really? You won't believe that dinosaurs existed? Why? Because "God" didn't mention them in the Bible? Pretty sure he didn't mention vaccines or antibiotics and you are running to the doctor to get THOSE for your kids. See? SCIENCE is real and it works!
You know how it is...
@kobesbuddy (23353)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Christs existence was definitely proven, but that was only a little over 2,000 years ago. Those dinosaurs were walking around, a long time before the Lord's birth!
I can't even deal with it.
@Bluedoll (17183)
@NJChicaa if you can't deal with it why post it or did you mean your neighbor? @kobesbuddy How has Christ's existence been proven? @JolietJake can you find a picture that is more rude?
I believe in God and everyone knows this. I believe in Science too. I believe that God put us all here to help each other, some have knowledge to cure while other have knowledge to repair cars. God gave us our own gift to help the world. But what God wants most of all is for us to love each other. And yes that is somewhere in the bible.
I think that we all just evolved to live on this Earth. And we should be kind to each other.
@Asylum (48086)
• Manchester, England
Someone must have worked extremely hard creating and burying dinosaur bones in the planet's least accessible locations.
Right?
Some religions do not allow vaccines or blood transfusions etc. People who can’t face proof from scientific evidence drive me batty.
It makes me insane.
@Bluedoll (17183)
I do agree some religions are over the top with their convictions. Is it done for attention? I don't know. They don't bother me as much as people who think they have scientific evidence but are truly not scientists and write "factual" statements that are simply not facts.
@Shiva49 (10544)
Years ago there was a case in India where one school girl was bitten by a rabid dog. The family refused treatment and went by prayers. When her condition deteriorated and she was writhing in agony they rushed her to hospital but too late! siva
@Bluedoll (17183)
I'm not a "super-Christian" and so don't have trouble accepting the bible for what it is and science for what it is. Some science is not real.
Like what?
@Bluedoll (17183)
@NJChicaa experimental probability as it approaches theoretical probability
The bible actually does mention dinosaurs but it doesn't actually use the word dinasaurs but if you look up certain words that are in the bible the definition says "extinct creature" so to me that says dinosaur. I am a Christian and i do take the bible seriously because it to has been proven. Science is also helpful in many ways.
um, there is more than one "extinct creature".
What are these 'certain words'?
13h
@NJChicaa yes you're right but which extinct creatures would be as old as the bible speaks of? Dinosaurs I believe.
@ricki_911 (17817)
• Toronto, Ontario
My neighbours are like that always makes me wonder.
Makes me nuts.
@ricki_911 (17817)
• Toronto, Ontario
@NJChicaa They invited me for coffee when i first moved in. Half of what theyvtalked about i sat scratching my head.
well,y'know,those are demon bones,and.. i used to live near a family that said exactly that.
I would have laughed out loud if someone said that to me.
@kobesbuddy (23353)
• East Tawas, Michigan
God created Science, those dinosaurs were definitely a part of our prehistoric age, on this planet! Some people, you could be holding physical proof of something right in front of their face! It doesn't work, they'd still say that it doesn't exist The stone age was definitely real and those bones are evidence, of this existence. I'd love to see those dinosaur bones some day!
They are so amazing to see in real life. Awe-inspiring.
I don't mind some of it but there is a limit. I had to stop a lady in the hall the other day..I was at a low point and burst out in tears. I could not manage that while in severe pain. I have never been it not science. Never liked it I guess because I could not learn it well. But over the years it has been what makes me confused about the words I read on social sites. I hope I did not confuse you. Take care. I see all red lines good freaking grief.
I can never understand how people can be so close-minded in general. Like how can you never question everything you know? I always did growing up. I grew up with strict parents that would shove the bible down anyone's throat that they encountered. The stories are great and all, but they have been passed around for years with little evidence. Science has been built upon for years, and it explains everything!
• Jalandhar, India
It was nice to know actually as I was not aware that you have people like that there as well
@Theresaaiza (9900)
I believe in God. And I believe in Science. I believe that God has to use science otherwise let's just be Narnia or Hogwarts where everything is magic.
@Shiva49 (10544)
These types are everywhere in all faiths. It is tough to be with those led by blind faith. Coexistence is my faith and I try to understand all of them. Faith hardly plays a part in how I see others - just as humans with similar feelings. Science is ever changing and under scrutiny and so that is more fascinating! siva