Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Cleveland, Ohio
When you ask someone a legitimate question and their response is "Just Google it." As if that should solve all your problems. I can think of few things that are as condescending or as rude as that. And it's not helpful, either. If I hadn't already tried Googling my question, do you think I'd be here asking, genius? Personally, I think the only time "Google it" is a legitimate answer, is if you're an internet technician who works for Google and somebody asks what you do for a living.
Haha. I do agree too. Often the reason we are asking is because we want personalized responses. Like, what has worked for YOU and what would YOU suggest?so i hear you on that one.
When my husband is watching a hockey game I will ask him who is playing and what the score is. He gives me a similar answer - JUST look at the TV for yourself! I tell him I am just trying to show an interest in his interest and have a little interaction with HIM!
I sometimes do the same with my husband and got the same answer
yup.that's right up there with "pictures or it didn't happen" with me. yea,i got your picture..right here..
The writer of a post should just do a quick search for an answer to a reader's question. If an answer cannot be found, then the writer should let the user know.
@m_audrey6788 (15170)
I think it has something to do with the writers way of asking it in here like asking them to share their own ideas about your question
I would hand somebody a dictionary or direct them to a library, the heck with Internetting the info all the darn time cause locating the answers in real books is way more fun, right ? oh and hi btw . . .
• Cleveland, Ohio
Or you could just answer the question.
@PeachieMew true but I am the kind of person that would rather lead a person to find their own answer rather than offering one for them and not letting their own brain do the thinking . . .
• Cleveland, Ohio
@enlightenedpsych2 But what if I asked you for your personal opinion on something? You can't find that in a book.