My First Time.

my handmade doll
I have never liked the idea , and never thought that l would actually be forced to do it. Anyway, here l am using my smart phone to post a discussion for the very first time. Since l started writing online four years a go l have always used a desktop or a laptop - and couldn't imagine using a smartphone for the purpose of mylotting or working on other sites. My laptop developed minor problems on Monday ,and l expect it will be back to full working order by weekend . That will make me very happy because l find using a phone to mylot very tedious indeed. What do you use to mylot -cellphone or laptop ? . And do you often find yourself in situations where you must 'make do' with something you have never before used for that purpose?
I really only like using a desktop for screen size and ease of use. I use a laptop only if I have to and find it awkward. I have tried tiny devices and hate them. Too small to read and operate.
Yes, l definitely prefer a desktop over a laptop.
I don't think I could read the screen on my phone to myLot
That does look kind of small .
@sallypup (27497)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Joliet Jake You have a fancier, newer flip phone than me. Go you!
@Icydoll (22199)
one can't read on this screen
@Gillygirl (17340)
• Sutton, England
I prefer a laptop. I haven'6t got a smart phone.
I suppose it is convenient, but not for prolonged usage.
@Gillygirl (17340)
• Sutton, England
@Kandae11 It would be good to have the facilty to mylot if I was stranded somewhere.
@acelawrites (11761)
I tried using a smartphone to upload a photo here on myLot, but I found it hard to type a discussion, so I went back to my laptop.
I suppose with practice one could become used to it, but l have never liked small screens anyway.
@louievill (18894)
I'm fine with just anything that's available and sometimes depending on my location or where I'm using a particular device. Phone might be small but it has the advantage of the camera and could be used anywhere.
It has advantages yes - but for me it would be a last resort.
@sallypup (27497)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I don't own a smart phone so it looks like I won't be using one to be here.
With the possibility that this might happen again l am working on a backup plan.
Actually, I have used my computer, which is over 1400 miles away, my laptop, my iPad, and my iPhone to myLot. To be honest, I enjoy my iPad the most. It's large enough, and light enough, to move from room to room. Half the time, I use it in the car while my husband is driving someplace.
This is a real pain for me. I dislike small screens, l won't even watch movies on my laptop
@Kandae11 We are spoiled by a large screen TVs. Once, when our power went out, we watched a TV show from my iPad by candlelight. I can barely type on my phone with my fat fingers. Ugh!!!
@DianneN mine are thin and l am having problems.
@db20747 (8482)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
I just started making posts with my Android. Even uploading pictures to post here!! I can now take pictures myself, my own pictures and upload with my discussions. And comment anytime of day or nite!!! It's just plain Wonderful!!!!
I usually upload pictures I take on my phone - to my laptop.
@db20747 (8482)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
@Kandae11 How do you do that?
@db20747 l suppose there are other ways, but l simply send them to my email and place them in my files for use when l am ready.
@dpk262006 (56217)
I prefer to use PC or laptop. Working on mylot through smart phone is a bit cumbersome.
It really is, l just hope l won't have to repeat this in a hurry.
@dpk262006 (56217)
@Kandae11 Yes, you could wait for your laptop to be functional so that you could work on your laptop, instead of a smart phone.
@Icydoll (22199)
I always use Mylot on mobile.its easy for me to browse it on mobile whenever I'm outside.
Browsing is not a problem for me. I could use it to browse when l am already in bed.
@db20747 (8482)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
By the way, Gorgeous Doll !!!!
Thank you.
When I'm home, I use my desktop. When I'm at my son's doing laundry I use my Chromebook. I would never use a smartphone to myLot. Way to small for my eyesight.
I applaud those who will type a long discussion using a smartphone.
@Kandae11 They will eventually regret it when they have trouble with their eyes from such a small screen.
@sjvg1976 (18369)
I prefer my phone to do mylot and I find it easy as I can use it anywhere.
It can be used anywhere but l am unaccustomed to small screens.
@sjvg1976 (18369)
@Kandae11 you may find awkward but once you start using it regularly you will find it more easy and comfortable than your laptop. As now a days I only use my phone to mylot.
I have never used my cell phone to myLot for the same reason you have not done so in the past. Too tedious for me.
I was not even sure l would be able to post a picture. This is very painstaking for me.
@Kandae11 I applaud you for doing so!!!
I much prefer the laptop. The screens and keyboards on my phone and kindle are small, and therefore make me error prone.
Exactly.
I use my desktop all the time. When I waited for several hours for my husband at the hospital I used my small laptop, it was not comfortable, but better than doing nothing.
Sometimes we must make do with whatever is available at the time.
I am quite settled with my gadgets. It is my desk top - I will not trade it for anything else in the world and my most basic cell phone - I am more than happy. I can afford the best of all these gadgets but what is important is how comfortable one is and not what one owns.
Since l am forced to mylot with mine l must charge it very often which is added annoyance.
@Kandae11 There are so many other disadvantages specially the size of the screen.
@allknowing The size is certainly the most daunting aspect.
@zarlamain (25143)
I prefer using my laptop or desktop on here. There were some instances where I was forced to 'make do' with something I have never used before, but they were just new learning experiences for me.
Like using a smart phone to mylot is for me.
@zarlamain (25143)
@Kandae11 Exactly!
@Butchcass4 (6031)
I use my desktop and Internet Explorer. I used to use Firefox but I can not navigate on Firefox anymore, not sure what the deal is as I use it for everything else, but this is how I get on and navigate at this point. I don't like using my tablet for myLot or facebook as the layout is all different and not user friendly at least not for this user!
Some use smaller devices with ease - but not me. I prefer large screens.
@Kandae11 Yeah I like the larger monitor too. The small screens don't have the complete layout, like for facebook!
I use my desktop for almost everything. Sometimes I try to myLot on my tablet but I get too many pop-ups and it isn't worth the frustration. I never tried using my phone.
When I saw how tedious it was for me using the phone, I made the technician come today instead of Friday - so now I am back in business - no more mylloting with a phone.
@Kandae11 glad you're back in business. I can't even imagine having to work on a such a small screen