Of Course It Was Easy

@WorDazza (10106)
Manchester, England
During my meanderings around myLot I have happened across a particular advert on numerous occasions. It's for a website which allows the solo traveller to find a travel buddy with whom they can share their adventures. Not a bad idea if you're prepared to run the risk that Alice from Gothenburg turns out to be a transvestite from Leeds with a penchant for murdering travelling buddies. But it wasn't the concept that intrigued me but rather the nature of the advert itself. We have a beautiful young lady, with shiny flowing locks, smiling winsomely at the camera while a speech bubble proclaims how easy it was to find a travel buddy using this website. Well of course it was! You're bloomin' gorgeous!! You could have stuck your head out of the nearest window, shouted "Who wants to come travelling with me?" and you'd need a 55 seater coach to get you and your new travel buddies to the airport! Call me cynical but I'm prepared to bet it wouldn't be so easy if you had a face like a bag of spanners and hair like a pan of chips!!
So you wouldn't take the risk? Even though you know that beauty is only skin deep? :-)
So are you saying @WorDazza has a face like a spanner etc?
@JudyEv I don't understand the expression 'a face like a spanner'.
@MALUSE same here. i also want to know 'hair like a pan of chips'. does it mean looking like french fries, like sticking out?
@Platespinner (16491)
I wonder if they use photos when matxhing up travel buddies. But wouldn't that essentially be a dating site, then?
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
It did strike me that it was potentially little more than a glorified dating site for people who enjoy travelling.
• Preston, England
yes, quite. It's the old hitch-hiking ruse of getting the attractive lady to do the thumbing while her fellow hikers hide until a car stops and jump in before the driver realizes he doesn't just have a vulnerable girl for the ride
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
Sounds like someone may have used that themselves in the past
• Preston, England
@WorDazza never actually tried hitch-hiking
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
@arthurchappell The only time I ever tried it i couldn't get a lift because cars were filled with attractive young women
I can always count on you for a laugh - that part about the coach made me laugh out loud
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
Cheers Janet. And i can always count on you for a rhyming laugh
Sounds like a dating site to me!
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
So why have you got a profile on it?
• Trinidad And Tobago
Well it is the honey that catches the flies.
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
Excuse me! Are you calling me errr.... I mean men who are definitely not me, flies??
• Trinidad And Tobago
@WorDazza Heh Heh, would you prefer a bag of spanners? That's what you are saying?
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
@Gita17112016 Ooh blimey, you got me there. I'm going to have to keep a close eye on you!!
@FayeHazel (18007)
I'm going to have to look up spanner now. I agree. Same with dating sites. I browsed one some number of years ago. Typed in my zip code and here were the profiles of all of these really great looking men. Even more - the photos seemed professional, they were posed and the lighting was just right, etc.... That put me off it right there..... I had the thought that those profiles were fakes..... Edit to add: Does Spanner = Wrench?
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
Indeed it does!! Yeah, you should always be wary of a photo that looks too good on any of these sort of sites. Stick to the ones with faces like bags of spanners
@FayeHazel (18007)
@WorDazza Lol! I do tend to agree. I far prefer it when people can post regular snap shot type photos not all pro photos as it makes me think its not really them. lol. face like bag of wrenches could have a heart of gold :-)
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
@FayeHazel Indeed I have errr.... I mean yes they possibly have
@sprite1950 (14005)
• Corsham, England
. That was very well written, I'm still laughing. I guess you would have some sort of contact beforehand so you knew who you were dealing with. Not a good idea considering you can be anyone you want to be online
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
Ta very much!! Indeed! How do I know you are who you say you are??? These days it is quite likely that Sonya from St.Ives is more likely Sonja from St. Petersburg!!
@sprite1950 (14005)
• Corsham, England
@WorDazza That's just it, I could be a big hairy bloke from Scotland
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
@sprite1950 Yuck!! Scottish!!! What an awful thought!!
@dodoazo (19523)
The comments are flooding but no words from @WorDazza. He is busy. That beauty is only for attraction. What counts is the quality and the safety of the travel.
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
Hey I've been a busy man. The security of the nation can't just be put to one side while I spend my days on myLot
@dodoazo (19523)
@WorDazza I know that you are busy for it is too evident. Everyone has the agency to do here according to his will. Happy mylotting Sir.
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
@dodoazo Thank you. And happy myLotting to you too
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
That's a lovely description that is "face like a bag of spanners and hair like a pan of chips!!" I see you're not at all the picky type when it comes to how a lass looks
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
Ain't that the truth! At my age you can't afford to be picky. I'd probably still be punching above my weight with Alice the Gothenburg transvestite.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@WorDazza, now now, Alice might still be very pretty!!!
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
@bluesa She was. Or should that be he was? Oh who cares??
I don't know...if she had edible hair I'd call it a plus
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
Well i suppose you wouldn't starve when you're both kidnapped in some far off land!!
@WorDazza Not to mention I could use her face to beat the kidnappers over the head with.
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
who knows it maybe a scam, be careful. they use travel companion usually a pretty lady as a bait.
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
Quite possibly a scam. I'll stick to travelling with my wife!!!
It is not easy to find traveling companions, but that is really not safe unless you are prepared to do a background check. Even then compatibility could be a big issue. But being alone while traveling is not safe either. Yes, an attractive girl or guy is not going to apply. Be prepared for someone interesting rather than attractive.
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
To me it's just a big advert saying 'register here to find potentially vulnerable lone travellers'. Definitely a massive safety issue!!
@JESSY3236 (6505)
I never thought about that. I wrote an article on Textbroker one time about travel buddy locator app.
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
Is Textbroker still going? I registered for it a few years ago and then couldn't be bothered doing anything!!
@irishidid (8563)
Half an hour into the trip beautiful young lady proves to have the sense of a empty nutshell and talks incessently about her ex-boyfriend.
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
And that, I think, is the funniest, yet most truthful response I've had so far!!!
• Eugene, Oregon
@WorDazza, I think you have a point there. And there is the chance of coming up with that murderer as well.
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
Just avoid my profile on there and you'll be OK