State of the Uniom??

Eugene, Oregon
How unbelievable that the invitations to the State of the Union speech scheduled for tonight went out misspelled! The House Sergeant- At-Arms is responsible for the tickets. Maybe he should be demoted to Private-At Arms? Will you be watching the Big Speech? I would rather have my teeth pulled.
@LaDeBoheme (1988)
Count on those invitations being a hot item on eBay!
• Eugene, Oregon
Ohh sure, didn't think of that, funny.
You'd think that someone would have spotted that mistake.
• Eugene, Oregon
No kidding, what a dumb thing to happen.
I have no interest in his speech.He taking credit for the stock market.Today the stock market drop big time.LOL All the news that he has is fake news.I cannot stand to watch this man.He lies and lies and lies.
• Eugene, Oregon
So true Alfredo. He is a blight on the Republic and a stain on the Constitution.
@JamesHxstatic I still think they are afraid of him.I always had this feeling.Pence and Ryan are a puppet.Sucker etc
• Eugene, Oregon
@amadeo That could be, he is a larger than life villain. Where is Bat Man when you need him?
Well, we all make spelling errors, but I wouldn't waste my time watching that lying piece of ......!
• Eugene, Oregon
Really? Was there no spell check available? Strange, but if it embarrasses him, I like it. Piece of carrion maybe for here.
@JamesHxstatic You must remember he fired all his smart people.
• Eugene, Oregon
@DianneN He had some? Must have been a slip-up.
There is no way I’d watch that criminal. I hope he has exceptionally low ratings because that would bruise his overinflated ego.
• Eugene, Oregon
So do I. It is interesting that several DACA dreamers will be there, courtesy of Demo Senators.
@anniepa (27238)
Put it this way, he claimed he had the highest ratings of any SOTU in history but if you just take the first addresses given by the last four Presidents including him he came in...wait for it...FOURTH!
@FourWalls (14134)
I think the last time I watched a State of the Union address was George W. Bush's in 2002, shortly after the 9/11 attacks. I have a working furnace, so I don't need to listen to a politician's hot air.
• Eugene, Oregon
This one is exceptionally revolting to me.
Glad I don't have to worry about that here in Latvia. I am sure some people might take a peak on cable afterward. I also know there will be said a lot on the news tomorrow but I don't listen to that here either.
• Eugene, Oregon
I will wait for the fact checkers, there will be a lot to check.
@anniepa (27238)
@JamesHxstatic There was and I think it was about 90% false. SURPRISE!!
I find that incredible in an office so huge and so supposedly important that this mistake wasn't picked up.
• Eugene, Oregon
Well it was some House of Reps Sergeant-at-Arms job supposedly and maybe he had a hangover or something. But, no spell check?
I will probably either watch it or the program on MSNBC after wards. Professionalism seems to be a thing of the past.
@topffer (34590)
• France
It is weird that nobody noticed the mistake, I know that they are not very literate at the White House, but at this point... I rarely watch presidential speeches in my own country, I will certainly not watch this one.
If Hillary were the one making the speech, I would rather have my teeth pulled. Root canal included. But President Obama and his staff were not infallible spellers, either. The @whitehouse twitter feed misspelled “Libya” as “Lybia” in February 2011, an error not widely reported by the media. And in 2010, President Obama misspelled “Syracuse” as “Sycacuse” while filling out his NCAA Tournament bracket on ESPN (see 2:50 mark), another incident not widely reported in the media. Also, in his 1995 memoir Dreams from My Father, Obama misspelled rebel slave Denmark Vesey’s last name as "Vescey” and misspelled anti-colonist Frantz Fanon’s first name as “Franz." Happens to most administrations.
• Eugene, Oregon
Then there was the Tweeter's non-existent African country, the one called "Nambia" he made up in a speech. The man has no class and loves his ignorance.
President Donald Trump lavished praise on the health care system of Nambia during a speech at the United Nations. But there's one little problem -- there's no such country.
@JamesHxstatic . I remember that!
@topffer (34590)
• France
@JamesHxstatic When I was in elementary school, mistakes on names of places or proper nouns were not counted as mistakes in a dictation. The rule was/is still in French schools "proper nouns have no spelling". But "uniom" instead of "union" would have been counted.
Such a simple detail they completely overlooked - duh. Nope, I won't watch it - but I'm sure I'll read all about it later . . . and then be glad I didn't watch it.
• Eugene, Oregon
Oh my yes, the analysis will go on for weeks. It would be best if sticks to the script and does not go off on some crazy tangent.
@JamesHxstatic But you just know he'll go off on some crazy tangent !!
• Eugene, Oregon
@much2say Maybe they'll get him to take his meds?
@db20747 (8482)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Missed it .but will catch it on YouTube. That's a funny misspelling. Kind of like unyum!! Lol!!
• Eugene, Oregon
It was BS as usual
@lovebuglena (6516)
• Staten Island, New York
People in government making spelling errors... SMH! What other mistakes have they made?
• Eugene, Oregon
I hate to think about it!
@aureliah (16668)
I'm currently on CNN waiting for the speech