How many steps you walk daily?

@sjvg1976 (16849)
Delhi, India
This is said walking is good for health. One should walk enough to burn calories. I know I walk a lot at work place so I don't need to wake up early just for morning walk as my younger brother does daily. I told him I don't need to go for it like him. He said I am in illusion that I walk enough. He asked to me download an app which will count number of steps I will walk on daily basis. He said he had 10k steps yesterday. I told him I bet I will do more than him daily. I downloaded the app and you know how many steps I made today. It's over 12 k and it's just 5 pm here. My brother lost the best and is surprised how much hard work I do. Do you have such app on your phone? Do you walk enough in day? Are these app really helpful? Picture: Pixabay
Though iPhone has an in app for such. I haven't checked that at all.
@sjvg1976 (16849)
Yes I know there is an app in iPhone . But you should check it once you will know about yourself
@sjvg1976 It's ok. I know myself well. And gaining weight is not a problem for me.
@Sreekala (19185)
I don't have any such app in my mobile. But I too think the way like you I walk enough in a day. From home to bus stop then bus stop to office and vice versa.
@sjvg1976 (16849)
Absolutely. I have my own car but still being in the production unit I have to walk a lot here at work place.
@Sreekala (19185)
@sjvg1976 But for me, after coming in office, I don't want to walk
@sjvg1976 (16849)
@Sreekala I have come to hospital through metro to avoid traffic jam while coming back so many of the steps due to it.
I use a Fitbit and walk daily. I average around 20,000 steps. It's important to get your heart rate up, too, but that's a wonderful amount of steps!!!
@1hopefulman (22442)
I don't have an app but I try to go out every day for a walk and then I also use the treadmill or jump on my mini-trampoline. .
@pitsipeahie (1432)
I walk a lot in a day that I know. But I don't know by how many steps. Yes, I know those pedometer apps. I saw it on Playstore but haven't downloaded it yet. May be I will give it a try one time.
@yugocean (6485)
I don't count, but thousands of steps. 6 km is normal for me as I walk.
@wongchoiyee (6770)
I don't walk much but I will get any chance I will walk more. Thanks for the info.
i dont count them i just walk as long as i can i dont tire myself too much
I have never kept track of my steps. I will say, "a lot."
I do not use an app to count my steps, but I know that around 1320 steps are needed to walk 1 Km. so it's easy to calculate how many steps I make during a day.
@xiaolisu (1549)
• Shenyang, China
i walked from star mall to my work place every day. it's about 1000meters
@Mshafeeq (1525)
• Bangalore, India
I used to walk at least 10 kms a day.
I don't usually go out just for a walk. However I do get enough exercise.
I don't know how many steps but I walk up to an hour every morning.
@prashu228 (24923)
lol...No i dont count once i downloaded step counter but deleted it i did not find it relevant
I have friends who have FitBits which they wear on their wrists. These tell them how many steps they've taken. They all try to do 10K a day. Well done you for doing so many at work. I don't think you need to do any extra walking.
@ramtahal (98)
i dont use app much...
@nela13 (1675)
• Portugal
My husband has that App, but I don't. I just do my daily walk and never counts the steps only the distance.
@Icydoll (3940)
I walk for half an hour..but don't use app to count steps :)