Advice please re YouTube

Bunbury, Australia
I was going to write about a road trip we did a few years ago but wanted to put up a slideshow on YouTube to go with it. However, I’ve discovered the slideshow creator on YouTube has been discontinued. I guess I’ll need to download some sort of program that can create a new slideshow for me. Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations please on the best way to do this? I’d be very grateful for any advice. In the meantime I’m going through boxes and sorting things ready for a garage sale which my sister and I will be holding on the 9th of March. My sister is building a granny flat on her son’s property and needs to downsize. I’m decluttering here and there so a combined garage sale seemed a good idea. The photo is of our vehicle when we returned from the road trip. I was really proud of all the mud on it. But how can I write about the trip and only share one photo?
I use VideoPad Video Editor...it is a freeware program, you might download it and see what you think.
The award-winning VideoPad video editing software has all the features you need to make a quality movie. Easily edit videos, add effects/audio and share with friends.
Thanks for that. Really appreciated. I found a couple of freebies but thought I'd like a recommendation.
@JudyEv I've been using this and its companion (WavePad Sound Editor) for several years now (at least 7 or 8), although last year I finally purchased the full versions of both because I needed a few things for a project that weren't available in the free versions (I was working with multi-track sound recordings and wanted some enhanced video features)
@JolietJake I was about to ask if you eventually have to buy it so now I know. It's past my bedtime so I'll have another go at loading my photos tomorrow. At the moment I'm still trying to get the images to show for x seconds each. They seem to each load about four times. But as I said, I'll have another go tomorrow.
I was saying exactly the same as @topffer. Go around with the plate covered with mud and you can be sure to get a ticket and to be obliged to clean immediately the plate and the back window shield.
@topffer (34591)
• France
But she would show proudly her tickets.
@topffer I would be very upset to pay a ticket, I prefer to spend the money for a nice dinner in a restaurant.
@topffer (34591)
• France
@LadyDuck I did not paid this ticket : it was giving me two days to clean the plate and bring the car to a police station or a gendarmerie to control that it was cleaned. If it was done the ticket was cancelled. I did it as soon as I came to home. The plate had just a spot of mud masking a letter.
I don't even know how to post anything on You Tube. I've never tried. I wonder why they did that.
I read somewhere that the option wasn't being used enough.
@JudyEv - Maybe they should have promoted it to encourage more people to utilize it. But what do I know?
@teamfreak16 Well, I used it. What more do they want? And I was a bit miffed when I worked out why I couldn't find the button I needed to make a new one.
@topffer (34591)
• France
The only software I used is Imagination, but it has no Windows version (Linux only) and is rather old now. It is just a graphic interface to ffmpeg, as ffmpeg can create a slideshow or a video at the command line, with many transition effects available, but it is not something that I would recommend : ffmpeg is overgifted for anything about videos but is indigestible, like many command line software, even for somebody like me using it since about 10 years. The photo is nice, but this car deserves at least two tickets. I got one once because my plate was dirty, it was very clean compared to yours.
I wouldn't let Vince wash it for a few days. I felt really tough driving around in it and having people turn and stare. Yay us!
@topffer (34591)
• France
@JudyEv I saw once a funny phrase written with a finger on a dirty back shield : "Patience, it shall rain someday."
@topffer I like that much better than 'please wash me' which we see here from time to time.
@Freelanzer (9329)
Your vehicle does tell a story of being well traveled .
It was one of the best trips I've been on. I am still raving about it.
@1hopefulman (30029)
I was not aware that the slideshow feature is no longer there. Could you make a video of the pictures and comment on each picture?
I'm working on trying to do something similar in a different program but it's hard work for me. I'm not as techno savvy as I need to be.
• Eugene, Oregon
Hmm, I hope that you get an answer from a real techie here.
I've had a few good suggestions thanks.
@MarymargII (10027)
• Toronto, Ontario
Great idea to downsize while you can in this opportunity- you will feel lighter and free-er in a way when you unload a lot of unwanted things that clutter you up. Don't worry I can imagine the fun time you had just looking at that car-- :)
When I start thinking about it I have already offloaded quite a lot of possessions but there is still more to go.
@MarymargII (10027)
• Toronto, Ontario
@JudyEv I thought it would be tough and some of it was, but it is freeing as well. Don't want my kids to have to deal with tons of stuff that I already tried to give them and they were having very little of that! lol! They just don't appreciate what we did. Oh well- I didn't like my mom's stuff too much but still appreciate a few things.
@MarymargII That's how we feel. We don't want to leave it all for the boys to deal with.
• Preston, England
not something I ever tried - hope you find a way to do it @JudyEv
Thanks. I've downloaded a program and am now working on how to use it. I'm a bit slow when it comes to learning a new program.
• Preston, England
@JudyEv I'm always terrible with them
@arthurchappell I'm not having a lot of luck so far.
They have free movie maker which I use. . I have used it quite often. Any clip upto 5 minutes is free.
I guess this takes photos as well. I've watched some of your clips that have been individual photos so I guess it does.
@JudyEv You should provide some background sound just as they used to for slide shows.
@allknowing I'll try to do that.
I will look forward to hearing about the road trip. How did you drive the car with so much mud on it as it looks like the whole back window one can't see to drive? I can't wait to read about this trip!
We had a rearview mirror and it only got this bad the last few days. I'll have another go at making a slideshow later today.
@JudyEv Oh, I didn't realize there was a rearview mirror, Glad you had that! I didn't know one could navigate a car with the rearview mirror. I will be waiting for your slideshow as I am curious about it as you always have great pictures!
@Marty1 I still have managed to create the slideshow so it will be a few days yet I think.
Don't you wash your cars in Australia? Yikes! I only use YouTube for videos. I'm sure others will be more helpful. Good luck.
These are photos that I want to load rather than videos but I have some ideas now. We washed the car after a few days of playing 'tough explorers'.
I hope there's a way to get those pictures on YouTube again. I've always enjoyed your slide shows. I hope someone has the answer for you. Good idea having a joint rummage sale. One look at that car and I thought, it really needs a bath. Good picture.
I've been given some good sites now. I knew I could count on the myLot community for some good ideas.
@JudyEv Yes, someone always has an answer for what we need.
@garymarsh6 (14263)
I tried to find it on youtube but was unable to. I thought it was just me being daft and not being able to find it. Shame they removed it. I can't understand why they have removed it. Now that would have been worth a bob a job wash by a boy scout. You would certainly have got your monies worth there! LOL
I wanted to find a black singlet and lounge out the open window, chewing 'baccy.
I do hope you get some suggestions here that will help with your slideshows. Yep, that vehicle of yours has seen a lot!!
I knew I could count on some help from here.
@Plethos (10310)
If you have windows, they have moviemaker.
Thanks. I have a nice lot of choices now. It needs to be pretty simple - sort of 'create slideshows for dummies' kind of thing.
@Angela150 (957)
• London, England
I did not realise it was mud lol! I thought the car was like that!
No, it's all mud. There is a lot of it, isn't there?
I am not aware of this.No advice from me.But you got some here on comments
Yes, I've had some good suggestions. They're a helpful lot on here, aren't they?
That is really a dirt-covered vehicle! I don't have any answers for you on the technical side, but I'm sure that some members that excel in that department will come along and offer you some advise.
Folks have been very helpful as I knew they would be. I'm very proud of how muddy we managed to get the car.