Dangerous ice cream

New York, New York
Adults sign a permission slip to be allowed to eat this ice cream. It is extremely spicy. So saturated with spice, that it is 500 times hotter than Tabasco sauce. It is the most dangerous ice cream in the world. When you order it, the permission slip that comes with it says that you could be injured, fall ill, or even lose your life. Why would anyone put this in their mouth?! In Italy, apparently it is considered not only normal, but ROMANTIC to try this ice cream on a date with some wine. That is just scary. Things sure will be heating up, and not in a good way! What do you think? Does this sound like impending disaster, or would you give it a try?
@indexer (1194)
• Leicester, England
The only reason I can think of why you might try this is to boast to your friends that you have done so!
Ain't that the truth. A bunch of friends can get together and dare each other to try the spicy ice cream.
• New York, New York
True... Then they'd probably think it's not that bad, though, so you'd have to pretend you actually got burned! Haha.
@RodrickH (10573)
A spicy ice cream? If it is, I'll never try
• New York, New York
I probably wouldn't either. Only if it was a little bit spicy. Out of curiosity.
I do not like stuff that is really hot so I would never eat that ice cream.
• New York, New York
Since you don't like spicy food, it's good that you'd never eat it, because it's not just spicy -- it's deadly!
I am Italian, in Italy we do not even have this ice cream, so what you read about ROMANTIC is a fake news.
• New York, New York
Woops! Sorry, I didn't know its fake! The article said that even the recipe was invented in Italy! You could try to research it if you want.
@Katzab7 There are full of fake news online, The gelato was invented in Italy, centuries ago by the ancient Romans, but not this one with chili peppers. We have a chocolate ice cream with chili pepper, but it's not very spicy, just a little bit and even ancient Maya knew that chocolate pairs well with red chili pepper. I have searched online, this ice cream has been created by The Aldwych Café in Glasgow UK. They wanted to give an Italian name "Respiro del Diavolo" (Devil's breath), but it's not Italian.
• New York, New York
@LadyDuck That's very interesting and informative, thank you! Seems like a lot of countries and and even ancient civilizations have their own versions of spicy foods, so it's hard to pinpoint who really came up with what. And Devil's Breath would've been a great name for it. Haha.
@Plethos (10310)
My gf would try it.
• New York, New York
How do you know for sure?? :D
@Plethos (10310)
@Katzab7 - she loves spicy foods and chili.
@LovelyxOdd (1201)
First, I don't like spicy food at all. I literally hate it. Second, that ice cream looks disgusting, to me. I can respect the tradition of it, but it's not for me. No thanks.
• New York, New York
That's reasonable! Especially since spicy food is definitely not your thing.
@galileo2008 (1147)
I've heard about this flavor of ice cream. Although I love to eat spicy food, I still think that I could not handle spicy ice cream. I mean, the spicy flavor must not be associated with anything sweet (except, of course with spicy chocolate but not too much). Spicy + savory is the better combination.
• New York, New York
Interesting... I agree! I'd like to make sure that this ice cream hasn't injured or killed anyone first, though! Haha!
@Icydoll (22434)
I like spicy but not too much...I will surely avoid this ice-cream
• New York, New York
Me too. It sounds dangerous and likely not worth it. Probably it isn't that good anyway.
@miketagz (7496)
Warning: Ice cream will explore your mouth once you eat the whole thing. I will classify this as Cream-O-Grenade.
• New York, New York
Yes, good one! Hahaha!
@miketagz (7496)
@Katzab7 Hahaha It may burns mouth and smell smokin.
@Juilee (459)
• Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Why would people even make that knowing that it might be dangerous to eat?
@mydanods (6758)
• Nigeria
I wonder why? The extent of risks people take.
If it's that dangerous then I won't eat it. @simplyD's province have restaurants that serve chili ice cream. I hope she gets to read this and I want to know if she'll ever dare to eat this ice cream coz I won't.
think I would pass!
@rubyriaz007 (4118)
I have never heard or had a spicy ice cream. I would try it,but I am sure that I would not like it.
@Katzab7 I love spicy food and note that I said food, but as far as ice cream is concerned I just like syrup and whipped cream on mine and no spices.
@dodoazo (20297)
Everyone is curious. Even though there's a danger sign still many would try. The more it's prohibited, the more will dare it.
• Bournemouth, England
It rather takes away from the idea of ice cream, which is cold and sweet.
@cintol (6882)
I don't like spicy at all so I wouldn't eat this ice cream but I can't imagine anyone eating it if you have to sign a slip and you could die from it. So not worth it