Be Careful Using Earbuds, See What Happened With My Husband.

@kavinitu (5061)
I had always warned him not to use earbuds but he never listened but now I am sure he has learned his lesson. My husband, hundred times have told him not to use the earbuds and if used do it carefully, but no See what happened today he scared the heck out of me, when he showed me the bud where one side of the cotton was missing And where did he point out straight in his ear the bud was left in his ears, I was so so scared that I was almost to cry because of fear Lucky there were pointed tweezers with the help of which I pulled out the bud stuck in ears, thank god what a relief Lucky the bud had not stuck deep inside or it was a visit to the doctor. That's the real image of the bud taken afterwards, it was not suppose to come out so easily but god knows how it did. Image Credit:- Mine
@Icydoll (24600)
I have experienced it once..I also a learnt lesson dear.
@kavinitu (5061)
You too doll, you also had this experience
@Icydoll (24600)
@kavinitu yeah dear.
@kavinitu (5061)
@Icydoll I hope you din't face anything serious because of that?
When you said ear buds I thought you meant those tiny headphones you use to listen to music on an iPod or something. I was like, wow! That's bad.
@kavinitu (5061)
Oh my you guessed that, if those had gone it would be really terrible
@kavinitu Definitely!
I thought that at first as well
I go to my ear, nose and throat doctor and he cleans my ears now. He does not want me sticking anything in my ears.
@kavinitu (5061)
That is really nice of you to let the doctor take care of it Precaution is always better then cure is rightly said
@kavinitu Thanks kavita. I feel better with him doing it too.
@Plethos (10844)
ooh that sucks, ive had it happen to me in the past. i noticed it only happened with a particular brand, so i quit using it.
@kavinitu (5061)
Yeah I agree its related to the brand because until we used the Johnson & Johnson brand it never happened but this time we had another brand and this happened must be some cheap quality
@Plethos (10844)
@kavinitu - i cant remember which one it was for me.
No problems here.Cannot use them.
@kavinitu (5061)
I am sorry Alfredo, but its good not to use them
@kavinitu sounds that way.Do you think people will listen?
@1hopefulman (32419)
I'm glad things turned out well. Yes, we have always been warned not to use them in our ears. I used to but I don't anymore.
@kavinitu (5061)
Good of you Felix, men really don't take things seriously until things become serious like we had
@1hopefulman (32419)
@kavinitu That's true!
The kind of qtips I use is not the plastic kind Like yours. Glad you were able to take it out
@kavinitu (5061)
But Michelle I have heard that the doctor avoids using any kind of cleaning objects inside the ear, its said that the cotton leaves back some traces which could be the reason of infection in the later time.
@kavinitu Yes, it is not good to use q-tips in general for our ears. But I do use them occasionally to clean my ear.
• Cuddalore, India
Yes I too have same experience many times.
@kavinitu (5061)
I hope you have discontinued with them now?
• Cuddalore, India
@sjvg1976 (18407)
When you ask a doctor he will always ask not to use eat buds as these may damage ears
@kavinitu (5061)
Yeah but Men are Men they always like to take things lightly until they turn ugly not you but like me dear husband. How many times do I have to warn him about not putting anything in the ears but god will he hear
I use cotton buds,but I take care when I use.
@kavinitu (5061)
The doctor never recommends them even if used carefully they might lead to infection in the long run
A very good warning you gave to us all!
@kavinitu (5061)
Yes dear, even if something like this doesn't happen a continues use of them has also lead to ear infections to one of my friends for which she had to be operated. As you roll those earbuds inside the ear they tend to leave thin strings of the cotton inside which later can be the reason of the infection.
@houda28 (380)
• Tunisia
Thanks for sharing
@kavinitu (5061)
Hope you don't use them?
@mandala100 (50408)
@kavinitu You are right on that my friend. I use to clean my ear almost everyday until my right ear developed an ear infection. I have a doctor's appointment again this coming Monday my friend.
@kavinitu (5061)
Oh my is this all happened with you recently, what has doctor said about it in your earlier appointment?
That would be scary.
@kavinitu (5061)
Pretty bad until the cotton came out of his ears
• Preston, England
he was very lucky you were around
@kavinitu (5061)
Yeah I asked him what would have you done if I wasn't around he said that I would try something pointed to pull out the leftover I yell at him so bad and said so that I could have an heart attack if that also would have gone wrong
• New Delhi, India
Had the bud not come out then it would have been a serious problem. God is great that this huge cotton has come out. This cotton peice is so huge that probably it would have been imlossible for everyone to pull it out.
@kavinitu (5061)
It was really Gods Grace that the cotton had not made itself much deep inside his ears or else it would have tough and doctors visit was for sure
@mohit459 (12017)
• Haldwani, India
I'm still thinking how long he had tried to take it out..
@kavinitu (5061)
No he just started yelling because of shock, and I came in and for god grace the tweezers were near by for me to help him remove it
@mohit459 (12017)
• Haldwani, India
@kavinitu is he alright now mam?..
@kavinitu (5061)
@mohit459 Yes Mohit he is fine now
That would be quite scary. I'm glad it hasn't happened to me. I wouldn't know what to do.
@kavinitu (5061)
Don't worry it won't ever happen with you, but if it does use a small pair of tongs to remove the bud.
@sw8sincere (5113)
that was scary. I'm glad the cotton buds came out or it will surely create an infection inside his ear.
@kavinitu (5061)
Yeah thank god it came out or it would be really big tension for us.
@kanchan10 (3414)
• Kolkata, India
now onward i believe he will not use them
@kavinitu (5061)
Yeah he is has promised that he wont.