~Boosted Confidence In 8 Minutes!~

School Work I Helped With
Jacksonville, Florida
Hey everyone! I hope your day has been going well. Things are good here! =) We have had a lovely Home Schooling day, the kids learned a lot and got a lot of school work done. I graded their papers and organized everything again. Anyway, I said I would share this so I am going to do that. The 7 year old girl I babysit for was struggling in school with reading and writing. Her mom asked if I would help her a bit while she's here. I said of course I would! First thing I noticed with her writing is she did not write a lower case "g" correctly at all. She did something crazy and she told me that is how her teacher taught her to write it. I taught her a different way. I told her to write a "c" and then give it a tail. Oh my goodness-it clicked!! Within 8 minutes the difference was night and day with her "g"! She was finally so proud of herself when before she lacked total confidence in anything she did school wise. The picture is her before and after!
@moffittjc (42234)
• Gainesville, Florida
What a great way to teach her the proper way to write a "g." It's amazing that such a simple gesture has resonated so well with her and has given her so much confidence! Sometimes, all that's needed is a small success to keep building on. Great work Jennifer!
@moffittjc Thank you! It's the way I taught my own children and it worked so well. It was amazing to see the difference in her. She thought she was dumb and after she did the g so well-she realized it's not true! She just needed someone to take the time to work with her and I was so happy to do it! =)
@moffittjc (42234)
• Gainesville, Florida
@LovingMyBabies All she needed was for someone to tell her that she is not dumb! Kids are like sponges, they will soak up everything they see and hear! Keep telling her how smart she is!
@moffittjc Yes exactly! And someone to truly care. =) I believe in uplifting everyone I come across.
I love hearing about this success!!! So glad you are working with her. She will really benefit from the methods you use to teach!!!
@Corbin5 Thank you! I love seeing it. =) I feel like my destiny is teaching children and working with them in all ways.
Glad you were able to help her.
@Courtlynn Thanks, me too. =)
@LovingMyBabies keep up the good work with her !
@Courtlynn Thanks love!
Poor girl, she is possibly intimidated by the teacher. I had a time I hated to go to school because I hated my teacher. A very rude young woman who thought to know everything.
@LadyDuck She did tell me all her teacher does is yell all day at the kids. =(
@LovingMyBabies I was sure she did not like the teacher. You lose the interest in going to school when this happens.
@LadyDuck Yes it's so sad.
@akalinus (15096)
That is a very good solution. I don't think I would have thought of it.
@akalinus Thank you. I feel like teaching is what I'm meant to do-even if I'm not in a classroom. =)
@akalinus (15096)
@LovingMyBabies I think you found your calling.
@akalinus Thank you! =)
That is wonderful that you were able to teach her an easy way that she caught onto so quickly. Good job both of you.
@Happy2beme Thank you! =)
Sounds like you can teach her the right way.
@Hannihar It definitely helped her. =)
@LovingMyBabies I believe Jennifer, that everyone is different and react to things in their own way. After years of being told I am nothing 8 minutes would not help me believe in confidence. For me I have to find it in my own way and be proud of myself because I do not have others patting me on the back and telling me they are proud.
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
@Hannihar When no one pats you on the back, learn to pat yourself.
@cintol (5483)
Great advice, some of the ways they are teaching the kids these days are a mystery to me. I think we should all go back to the olden ways of teaching, kids got it easier and they were more apt to want to go to school
@cintol I 100% agree with you! It's one reason I chose to Home School-so my kids would love learning!
@cintol (5483)
@LovingMyBabies Home schooling can also teach them things they no longer teach like life lessons in money. So many kids do not know how to count money or how to budget, its so sad.
@cintol My children do learn many life lessons such as budgeting, counting money, using coupons, cooking, doing laundry, fishing, writing in cursive, taking care of younger children since they help when I babysit and with their siblings, they have all gone to work with my husband doing remodeling, etc...I know in public school they don't and that is sad-I agree!
@HazySue (20941)
That is great that it worked so well and so quickly for her. You are her earth angel. Sometimes all it takes is a little bit of imagination.
@Hazysue I just love teaching and making things easier for kids. =)
@HazySue (20941)
@LovingMyBabies It sounds like it. You have a gift.
@HazySue Thank you! =)
You probably saved years of frustration for this little girl. Congratulations for being so patient with children. And yes, you have the soul of a very caring teacher.
@marlina Thank you. I hope I helped in a small way so she could know she's smart and she can do this! I do love teaching little ones. =)
@LovingMyBabies You are very welcome and I meant it!
That's great! I never thought about making a g that way. I'm glad it worked.
@just4him It's the easiest way I have found for them to learn that letter.
@LovingMyBabies It is an easy way to learn.
@Deepizzaguy (12307)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
The best way to be happy is to assist someone become a better student.
@deepizzaguy Yes it was nice seeing her improve.
@Deepizzaguy (12307)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@LovingMyBabies Fantastic.
Just takes a little individual one-on-one. Sounds like a powerful day.
@celticeagle That is what it takes. It felt good to help and I love teaching. =)
@LovingMyBabies .......And you are good at it.
Looking at your photo, that's quite a difference! Yep, what you said made better sense to her and she got it !
@much2say Thank you! =) I loved seeing how proud she was of herself after I taught her a new way!
@TheSojourner (17448)
I love that you have so much patience and that your heart is open to so many children. There are many whose families cannot give them the heart that you do. You definitely have the gift.
@CoralLevang Thank you so much! I love little ones very much. =)
@JESSY3236 (6289)
that's so great. You're a great teacher. Lately I have been sick, but I'm slowly getting better. Not the flu just coughing.
@JESSY3236 I hope you feel better soon!
@shshiju (10405)
• Cochin, India
Its a simple and super idea for the child. Congrats for your initiative Jennifer.
@shshiju Thank you! =)
@Plethos (10260)
all kids are different in how they learn things.
@PLETHOS Yes we all learn things differently.
Glad you had a good day and, things are good here too.
@TRBRocks420 Thanks! I'm glad your day went well. =)
That is nice of you to help her out. Teachers in schools do not have the individual times to help kids like they should.
@jstory07 Thank you. Which is why I Home School my children-kids need that one on one interaction.