I’ve had problems

@kevin1877uk (36974)
Not sure how to start time, I know I wrote a lot about having a catheter in and how it’s finally out, but I’ve had problems. Here’s me thinking everything would be back to normal but I’m so far out of being normal. It would be wonderful if it was. The first day of the catheter being out seemed to be ok but it soon went downhill from there. My bladder doesn’t fully drain leaving in an amount in which builds up over time. On Thursday it seemed I was back to square one, I couldn’t pee no matter how I tried. I had to self-catheterize myself not the nicest of things to do. It’s been very painful and leaving not feeling too good afterwards. Once to empty your bladder you take the catheter out and throw away, they are, once use only. It seems that I could be doing that for the next few months until the meds finally soften and reduce my prostate by then hopefully I can go normally. I do really hate getting old, it’s not fun!
Oh good lord I wish you the best with that. My friend was not easy with that either.
@kevin1877uk (36974)
Thank you, Sharon, I hope your friend is ok.
@kevin1877uk I am not sure but he was hurt for a while.Thank you.
@kevin1877uk (36974)
@sharon6345 I know what you mean, it's very painful.
I am sorry kevin that you are having all these problems. Will you have to go back to the hospital?
@kevin1877uk (36974)
Thank you, hopefully not unless they need me to, hopefully, everything can be done at home. I'm been referred to the hospital and waiting for an appointment and go from there.
@kevin1877uk kevin, take care of yourself and I hope it gets sorted out soon.
@kevin1877uk (36974)
@Hannihar Thank you, me too.
@moffittjc (43971)
• Gainesville, Florida
I wish you the best of luck in getting through this ordeal. Catheters are not the most pleasant feeling things in the world. I really wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. I hope this situations goes quickly for you and you can get back to normal life.
@kevin1877uk (36974)
Thanks, Jeff I hope so sooner the better.
@moffittjc (43971)
• Gainesville, Florida
@kevin1877uk Yeah, for sure man! Definitely sooner I hope!
Hope you start getting better and the time that you don't need a catheter comes very soon.
@kevin1877uk (36974)
Thank you, yes I can't wait for that day to come.
Oh my goodness. Not a fun thing to go through. I hope the meds to their job and you are back to normal soon!
@kevin1877uk (36974)
Thank you, yes not fun thing at all.
Oh no. I thought that this ordeal was over for you.
@kevin1877uk (36974)
Yes, same for me, I was thinking the same.
This is awful to hear I'm so sorry Having to do that so often is going to be awful. Will they have you take an antibiotic from having to put the catheter in all the time? I remember after they did my scope I had to take an antibiotic to prevent another uti.
Getting old is not fun at all. I do hope the medication kicks in sooner than later.
@Morleyhunt (19806)
That is very inconvenient and unpleasant for you. The self catherization will become easier as you do it. I'm sure you will be ecstatic when it is now longer necessary and you can "go" on your own.