I just do not like those hamburgers

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gourmet_Burger_Kitchen_hamburger.jpg
The moment we landed in the US we were taken to a restaurant for our breakfast and there I saw this guy attacking a hamburger. The hamburger was so huge that he just could not handle it. It was not a pleasant scene. I wonder why hamburgers are made that way making it difficult for anyone to eat them in a proper way. Same goes for pizza that has the mozzarella cheese which is stringy. I do not have to explain what happens when you eat a pizza which has that cheese.
I do not make big hamburgers. I do not think you should eat anything that is three times the size of your mouth.
Why do they make them so large. Anyone eating them and many do have a tough time attacking them (lol)
• Redlands, California
I only do two times the size.
@crossbones27 Than it fits. Or do you have to smash it down.
@crossbones27 (21403)
• Redlands, California
Welcome to America. This made me laugh.
There are more things about America I am amazed at.
Me to.
• Redlands, California
@allknowing Indeed, I am guessing shoving a whole cow down your throat is not one of them.
I too think that those hamburgers are a ridiculous size. You can't get your mouth round them, so if you are really hungry it would make more sense to have two normal sized ones.
Why have that size is what puzzles me
We also have big hamburgers here that can be cut in half and can take the other half home to eat.
Lol! The lettuce is what makes them seem huge, so I remove some. My mouth is small, so I flatten them down and cut them in half. A well made pizza shouldn't drip with cheese. I usually eat mine with a knife and fork.
That's a lot of work if you ask me with your hamburger. When the pizza is cut it won't cut easily. The cheese will pull it back (lol)
@allknowing Well, when you have a thick, juicy burger with Gorgonzola, avocado, bacon, onion, and lettuce, it's bound to be big. I only cut pizza in restaurants to be dainty. At home, I don't bother with utensils. lol
@DianneN This is like eating chicken in a restaurant. I had that experience the other day. Very rarely do I eat out but a friend took me there. That chicken dish was small pieces but with countless bones. I tucked the cutlery away and used my dainty fingers (lol)
@oahuwriter (3522)
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
We got the opposite of it called sliders, smaller sandwiches. Guess there are real beef loving eaters who love this sort of sandwiches. To each their own. America has some iconic burger sandwiches like our McDonald's Big Mac which now has a Mac Jr. for limited time offer. Once in a while I watch Food Channel that has so many iconic restaurants with their own in-house burgers too. Burger King has their iconic broiled not fried burgers, Wendy's has many foods too with fresh never frozen burgers. They all got sites with menus. Hope you enjoy your visit and food.
My visit there was a long time ago and this was the first thing I saw (lol) Even Americans find it difficult to handle and what about poor us (lol)
I don't eat hamburger but some of those are just huge. I don't like the stringy cheese either.
@bagarad (12764)
• Paso Robles, California
I never order a burger that big. I think the teens and maybe some truckers or construction workers eat those big sizes. When did you land in the U.S.? Is this a past trip or are you here now?
I went there years ago. Now a memory.
@bagarad (12764)
• Paso Robles, California
@allknowing I didn't think you were here now.
@bagarad Have they now become smaller in size and manageable?
@kobesbuddy (55719)
• East Tawas, Michigan
We love huge hamburgers, the thicker the better!:) Pizza? We usually eat ours with a fork:)
How do you manage to eat them?
@kobesbuddy (55719)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@allknowing I squish it down, then do the best I can to eat it:)
@kobesbuddy All what I can say is eating a huge hamburger is an art (lol)
I guess I grew up with big hamburgers and stringy pizzas - we're used to it here .
No comments
@allknowing I will say the one in the photo is too tall. The bun on the bottom looks as big as the top (I don't like it when the bun overpowers the burger) and there seems to be too much lettuce. There are times I've eaten a burger with a fork and knife after removing the top bun!
@much2say There are scores of photos available and many are as big even without the celery.
@kepweng (18701)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
burgers are healthy
But not manageable (lol)
@PatZAnthony (13056)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We don't eat meat so no clumsy Burgers here. When we make our pizza we use a cheese that's made from cashews. Still stringy but not quite so bad.
What I fail to understand is why have those snacks that are so clumsy to eat!!
@miketagz (7489)
Hamburgers are great but not too much for daily consumption. But still like it!
So you too create a scene then (lol)
@miketagz (7489)
@allknowing hahaha a scene you'll never tempted to eat burger joke
@rakski (22123)
Oh yea aome hamburgers in the US are so tremendously big in size that I cannot think how to start eating it
There is no good reason for them to be that size. One can have more hamburgers if they want to smaller in size,
He could have cut it in half and eaten one half and taken the other home. I ask for a doggie bag if I cannot eat all on my plate when go out to eat.
I thought eating clumsily is fashionable in the US
@allknowing It was when I lived there but to eat a huge hamburger is just too hard to fit all that in one's mouth Always smiling.
That hamburger is too big. My mouth might tear if I open it that big. I love the cheeseburger deluxe of McDo. Oh, it makes me want one now.
Any portion should be just right for comfortable eating even if some have large "openings"
@allknowing I agree. One time we had a big burger in an American fastfood. I asked for a knife and sliced it in four. That way, I was able to eat it comfortably.
@Icydoll (24740)
I'm not a fan of pizza and burgers..as you said it's difficult to eat burger
One should not look at those who are attacking those large sized burgers and those dripping pizzas (lol)
@Icydoll (24740)
you wouldn't want to watch 'man vs food' then. they had a hamburger so big they had to make a special pan to cook it. it was just obscene.
I normally do not watch others eating but this I just could not avoid.
@EddieHands (37807)
Those burgers actually do look pretty good!
I agree with you but difficult to handle (lol)
Oh, I like to munch this. I do love eating junk food like this. However, I do it eat them occasionally.
Those foods are best enjoyed in the privacy of your own dining room.