Do you act as if all is fine but deep inside it's not?

Pixabay
By Hope
@1hopefulman (28612)
Do you think that we are all actors, pretending that all is fine when it's not? I noticed the other day that I was walking around as if all was well but deep inside my boots my socks were sliding off and it was driving me crazy but I acted like a brave soldier instead of showing my displeasure as to what was actually happening. Has something similar happened to you? Today, a little stone was inside my shoe but just kept on walking though it bothered me. Maybe it's true after all that the only way to know what's going on in someone else's life is to walk a mile in their shoes? What do you think? What drives you crazy but you keep it all inside pretending that all is well? Do you remember the song The Great Pretender by The Platters?
Sometimes inside you are mad at someone while you pretend to be happy on the outside.
@rakski (16344)
That is true pretending that everything is good and cool but deep inside you are in your boiling point.
@1hopefulman (28612)
So true! If they opened our mouths, they would see that we are biting our tongue.
@1hopefulman (28612)
@rakski There are such occasions.
@cintol (6440)
I do this often as I don't want people to feel sorry for me or to pity me. I would rather pretend all is well in front of people and feel the pain of it when I am alone.
@1hopefulman (28612)
Yes, we hate to tell people all our troubles as most people don't really want to know.
@cintol (6440)
@1hopefulman Thats true.
@1hopefulman (28612)
@cintol Hopefully, we all have a few friends that we can really rely on in desperate times.
@TheSojourner (17454)
This is the same phenomenon to which I alluded in the post called, "Painful Silence." There are many things that i do not let out, as I find that people walk away if I am too vulnerable with them.
@1hopefulman (28612)
I'll check it out! So you find it's wiser not show our weaknesses? Have you found anyone where you would be safe to reveal your weaknesses? Or, it's better to keep these things bottled up?
@1hopefulman I deal with it however I think is best. Some people know some of it some people don't know any of it.
@1hopefulman (28612)
@CoralLevang I see! I wish you well in your future endeavors.
@Icydoll (20033)
Yeah each and everyone acts in their life..there are some funny incident too like you shared.i don't want others to show pity on me.i do hide things don't want to give pain to others.
@1hopefulman (28612)
Yes! Sometimes on public transportation I am offered a seat but I tell them thanks but I'm ok. I may be elderly but I still feel young and strong most of the time.
@Icydoll (20033)
@1hopefulman that's nice of you friend
@1hopefulman (28612)
I do at times.But work it out.This is normal thing to do.
@1hopefulman (28612)
Yes, we want to give the impression that we are not weak but that we are strong and can take care of ourselves.
• Northampton, England
its called being a man
@MaciMaci (306)
• France
@thedevilinme Lol you make me laugh!!!
• Northampton, England
@MaciMaci mademoiselle Maci needs one ;-)
@1hopefulman (28612)
@thedevilinme Reading through the responses, it seems that many women feel the same way. Interesting!
@LovelyxOdd (1192)
My anxiety is a huge part of my life and often I have to pretend to be one thing on the outside when I'm something different on the inside.. Most of the time, inside I'm screaming and outside I'm silent as the grave.
@1hopefulman (28612)
Do we have different personas for different people? With one person we act one way and with another person a totally different way? What do you think is the cause of your anxiety? How does your anxiety affect your life?
@db20747 (8231)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
@1hopefulman some people we are more comfortable with!!
@1hopefulman (28612)
@db20747 Yes, and it's good that we have some of those people in our lives.
@buenavida (8018)
• Sweden
I try to see the positive things- there are something good in most circumstances..It helps to feel happier and after a while I actually feel better
@1hopefulman (28612)
Great! Are you still in the hospital and how are you doing?
@buenavida (8018)
• Sweden
@1hopefulman I am still in a sort of place, where I get extra care, as I need help with many things- this will take a long time..the bone heals slowly
@1hopefulman (28612)
@buenavida At least you have people helping you!
If I've got a stone in my shoe, I find the nearest opportunity where I can sit down and take off my shoe.
@1hopefulman (28612)
Yes, but sometimes it's so small that I wait a while especially in the cold and wet weather that we have in winter. It might even be a grain of salt the they use on the ice and it might melt in time.
@db20747 (8231)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
@1hopefulman I take the stone out right away. Can't stand stones iny shoe!!!
@1hopefulman (28612)
@db20747 When we have things that we are carrying and there is snow and slush all around then we need to find a suitable place where we can put things down and be able to take our boots off and find the little stone that is irritating our foot.
A few hours ago, I told my ophthalmologist that I wish he could be in my shoes for a few days, maybe he would understand what the problem is.
@1hopefulman (28612)
Then he wouldn't need to ask.
@Daelii (5635)
Yes! Though its been a while since I had to!
@1hopefulman (28612)
May it continue to go in that direction!
@dya80dya (3003)
Anxiety drives me crazy. I keep it inside pretenting all is well. This happens to me many times. I am a good actor sometimes. I laugh even if I want to cry. I smile even if I don't feel joy.
@db20747 (8231)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
That's good because it's amazing it works!! U feel a ton better!!!
@1hopefulman (28612)
Interesting! Do you think that it helps you to act in a positive way?
@1hopefulman (28612)
@db20747 So, you also feel that it is better to act more positive then things really are?
I tried to conceal ill-feelings towards others. However, if it is too personal, I need to be frank with them.
@1hopefulman (28612)
Yes, some things need to be discussed or else they may never be resolved and the situation will only worsen.
@1hopefulman Indeed, my friend. Some people are so insensitive sometimes.
@1hopefulman (28612)
@Shavkat That is true!
@ANDROVA (92)
• Bandung, Indonesia
Actually in this real Life, there is no happiness permanently, but Just happy moment at glance and Last soon.
@1hopefulman (28612)
Thanks for your comment! Yes, but there are ways to increase our moments of happiness as there are ways of increasing our moments of sadness.
@db20747 (8231)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Yes one darned drop of happiness and an ocean of misery!!!
@1hopefulman (28612)
@db20747 Oh, why are we so negative? Is life that bad?
@yugocean (8375)
In fact I am, it is same like a little stone was inside shoe, but we just kept on walking. There is much something inside heart.
@1hopefulman (28612)
I guess, we all like to act as if everything is going well, even if it is not.
@yugocean (8375)
@1hopefulman Sure this is; but then we make ourselves forget it.
@1hopefulman (28612)
If I start to do this I know I am failing my greatest potential : me and these days I am a little bit of an easier book to read, the pages are not as blurred . . .
@1hopefulman (28612)
So, there is no acting and pretending on your face? You reflect the reality of life?
@1hopefulman seems I do . . .
@1hopefulman (28612)
If I do not feel well, I will act like everything is just fine. Do not want anyone asking me questions if I do not look like I am not feeling well.
@1hopefulman (28612)
So, you act as if all is well, so that nobody will act any questions?
@1hopefulman Yep, I am a very private person.
@1hopefulman (28612)
@louievill (18675)
I do not think that it is acting, at times there are just situations that we cannot do much except hold our heads up high so us not to affect the people around us. As with the socks and stone, I don't think it's that hopeless, I'd probably find a rubber band, and I would take revenge on the stone by throwing it on the road where a lot of cars pass or a river if I find one
@1hopefulman (28612)
Yes, by holding our heads up we are inspiring and encouraging others instead of bringing them down.
@db20747 (8231)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
@1hopefulman yes,and keep movin'
@1hopefulman (28612)
@db20747 Yes, we need to keep moving forward!
@rakski (16344)
I think we are all good actors. I remeber walking with a new shoes with my blistered feet but I pretend nothing is wrong until I got to a store to buy a slipper.
@1hopefulman (28612)
It is only when we go home that we show our pain.
@innertalks (4216)
Even in a desolate scene such as this, one can find peace, love, and truth, can't one?
"Do you act as if all is fine but deep inside it's not?" Good question, but if we go deeper than deep, all is fine really, isn't it? This is because levels of deepness cover many things over with themselves, and yet the deepest level of deepness remains unperturbable, it is our inner core of love. When we feel bad then, and want to hide, we should go deeper under this feeling, and let the underlying love break free again, past these rocks holding it down, and be love again, even as God created us to be so. Photo Credit: The photo used here has been freely sourced from the free media site pixabay.com. Even in a desolate scene such as the one depicted here in this photo, one can still find peace, love, and truth, can't one?
@1hopefulman (28612)
I think most people don't have peace, love and truth no matter how deep you go. I think most people are acting when they are with other people.
@1hopefulman Well, if we believe in God, I would have to say that God's original plan was to make us that way, peaceful, loving, and truthful. Sin has covered this stuff over with itself, but underneath it all, deep enough down, must remain the blueprints still in us of God's original plans for us, I think.
@1hopefulman (28612)
@innertalks Yes, but we were meant to live in a paradise and now we are making the earth a garbage dump. Our situation is so different from what God designed.