February 2018 in Review

@FayeHazel (19710)
Here's my month in review - February 2018 was a wild, wild whirlwind. I'll start with my "goals". 2 New Recipes I just barely managed to try 2 new recipes. A new French Onion soup recipe proved tasty and a slow cooker chicken curry wasn't brilliant - but wasn't awful, either. No credit card use Well, in a round about way I guess not. I did use them sparingly - but it's nothing I can't pay off that amount plus pay my regular payment , so I think it counts as "no credit card use". That said Feb. was full of splurge spending and eating out for me. I shall have to reign it in next month again. 0 of 12 exercise days. (I'm counting 1/2 hour of activity such as exercise dvd or 10,000 steps as an exercise goal) I'm still blaming surgery. A few days ago I put my fitbit back on. I'm just trying to get a baseline of steps during the day so that I can slowly increase. 10 out of 8 books (Before you're impressed with me - these were all audiobooks) Not having much energy early on in the month (thanks surgery) and having the added incentive of the "reading program" put on by the library, I was able to more than meet this goal. Of the books I read, ah, uhm, listened? to - worth noting were the following: "Van Choc Straw" - Dunn : This short listen was about an elderly woman about to move from her beloved home to the home of her mean tempered sister. "Radium Girls" - Moore : This was the fascinating and sad true story of the ladies who worked painting radium numbers onto clock and airplane dials in the 1910s-1930s . Radium was considered not only "safe" but "healthy" and the girls were told to insert the brushes in their mouths to "point" the brushes to make better numbers. The tale follows their demise and their fight with the company. Events in Feb. - Feb. was a whirlwind. Starting with my own birthday and celebrations on the first few days - there was lots of shopping and going out to eat. I played bass with a group of new friends and had lots of dance activities. Feb. hosts trivia weekend and one dance performance. Went out to see some movies, got a new bed. Of course dad had a health crisis in the meantime but mom and I also had some bonding time all during a snow storm. I hope everyone's February was nicely balanced between activity and calm and I hope even more success to us all in March! Photo: Pixabay
Hope the month of March will be an even better one for you and all of us.
@FayeHazel (19710)
Thanks! Here's to continued success
It sounds like your month was indeed a whirlwind!
@FayeHazel (19710)
It was surreal :-)
your month sounds better than mine.Good for you there.
@FayeHazel (19710)
Thanks! I hope your March is wonderful!
@FayeHazel I hope so.Something big should happen to get out of this shell.lol
@FayeHazel (19710)
@amadeo Here's to a great March
@KristenH (24901)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Nice job Faye. Trial by error with those recipes. I always redeem myself, if I fail to cook or bake something incorrectly. It turns out better the next time around. Nice job with the reading. Maybe when the weather's better, you can get some exercise.
@FayeHazel (19710)
Ah so true, failure is a great instructor with recipes. :-) Thanks!
@KristenH (24901)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@FayeHazel You're welcome. Practice makes perfect.
@FayeHazel (19710)
@KristenH So true
• Trinidad And Tobago
Wow! Seriously never occured to me to do a review of the month. In fact, I forgot this was February with 28 days...until I saw a myLotter writing this out! Do you assess all your months like this?
@FayeHazel (19710)
Yeah :-) I usually do a month in review. It really does help me to stick to my goals. I hope it's inspiring :-)
• Trinidad And Tobago
@FayeHazel Since I retired there is little pressure on me to make my month as productive as I can. But I admire you for it!
@FayeHazel (19710)
@Gita17112016 Thank you, truly am flattered :-)
You were busy! February was a time of working on different novels, while one waited in the wings for March 1st so I could once again start working on it for publication. March 1st is here, so I'll be working on Thread of Evidence again.
@FayeHazel (19710)
Whirlwid month for sure. Sounds productive for you as well :-)
@FayeHazel It was.
@kanchan10 (3414)
• Kolkata, India
no special memories of the month.
@FayeHazel (19710)
I hope that March is more memorable for good things
I worked till my butt cheeks hurt in feb.
@FayeHazel (19710)
Wow! Sounds productive and like a pain in the.... uh yeah :-)
@Teep11 (7137)
Sounds as though a lot of eventful celebrations will occur. Nice to be able to experience some good time.
@FayeHazel (19710)
Oh yes, there was only a bit of stress, so the fun made it easier
I got a bunch of onions that need to be used up I should try making French onion soup. Besides your dads health crisis the events of February sounded fun
@FayeHazel (19710)
Oh the onion soup is very good use for your onions :-) Feb. was fun.... and surreal.... :-)
@TheSojourner (17304)
I think that's a wonderful month and review! I'm glad to have read it! And I have put up my final post for today and here on my lot. It explains even more about what has been going on for me. So maybe it's my life in review! Haha thank you for sharing so much of who you are here. I really appreciate you and look forward to staying in touch outside of this site.
@FayeHazel (19710)
I appreciate you, too! I will go look at your post - and hope we can stay in touch, too! :-)
You did have a whirlwind of a month. Now about that exercise. Ahem!
@FayeHazel (19710)
Heh heh. yes.... I am currently thinking I will aim for half of my goal. And when that no longer tired me, I will increase it :-)
I realize that I'm ten days behind, but don't overdo it on the exercise comeback. You don't want to set yourself back even further.
@FayeHazel (19710)
Ah thanks for the head's up there. I feel a little better. I may temporarily adjust my exercise goals down, so that I can reach some activity and no over do
@dgobucks226 (13718)
"It's exciting setting goals and moving forward with them"- quote from Amber Frey
@FayeHazel (19710)
Ah yes, even the small goals :-)