He Is Our Sweet Baby

Photo by HazySue
@HazySue (20793)
The longer we have him the more he wraps himself around our heartstrings. He is such a sweet little dog who is endearing himself to all that meet him. Luke has been slowly meeting the people in our lives. The first time he meets them he is scared of them. They have to let the him come to them. The second time he sees them he is a little more accepting of their presence. He has not snapped at anyone and if I hadn't heard him bark at a squirrel I would think he was mute. Even then he only let out a couple of little barks and he was done. He is getting more used to us each day. He is such a pleasure to have around. Hopefully he will forget his abusive past and become the happy, friendly dog I know he is meant to be.
• Bridgton, Maine
That's cute because my pet cockatiel was also named "Luke!" And I loved him too.
@Icydoll (14442)
That's nice of you adopted this cute little dog...very nice luke.
@HazySue Once he feels comfortable he get used to all of you.
@HazySue (20793)
22h
He is comfortable with us now but when someone he has never met comes over he is still nervous.
22h
@HazySue Because he is not sure of the new person. That makes sense.
I'm sure he will. You need to fix the date on your camera images.
Little by little Luke will forget his abusive past. He still has to get the habit to live in his new home. It takes time to trust people.
Luke is sooo beautiful! I know he will blossom in tour loving care.
That's really good to know that he's feeling more and more secure with his new family.
Luke would be thinking he has really hit the jackpot this time. Rescue dogs seem to know and be grateful once they accept and learn to trust their saviours.
Sadly, pups never forget their past even when it happened at tiny puppies, Ally still has issues with something that happened to her before she turned 8 weeks old and nothing I do can change that. She is 7 now.
@TheSojourner (17448)
Is this photo one taken by the previous humans? I noticed time stamp and got confused. He is a cutie patootie. What kind is he? I had a friend who had a basenji, and she (the dog) was "barkless"... something about the breed.
It may take him a while to feel comfortable, but I bet he will do great. That reminds me I noticed the local ASPCA is waiving adoption fees. I want to see if they have any puppies.
I think Luke will become a very happy and friendly pup due to the good home you have provided for him.
@KristenH (23672)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Poor pup. I hope he would have a happy and loving home.