Another Shallow Discussion

Now who would want to read this with such a title? Nevertheless, I'm still posting it anyways because I'm in the mood to and hopefully, some of you might take notice and respond to it and I don't mind a shallow response as well ! It's Thursday morning and I'm still in bed with the lappy on my lap of course. I plan to take my breakfast at 8 in the morning and go back to mylotting after, before I take a shower at 9 and prepare for a wedding I plan to go to at 11. When I was away on a business trip I went shopping for my favorite brands of makeup, M.A.C. and Benefit. I have tons of favourites but had limited time I just went to the two stores that were near to each other. And today I get to try out these new cosmetics for the wedding. And I'm that excited. Do you get excited opening the boxes and trying out the stuff you recently bought? Coz obviously I do. Now this is really one shallow post. Pardon moi!
You do what makes you happy. In the end I will too. As for the question. Yes when I pay a bill. I feel as you do opening you goods.
Right and I really don't care whether people see me as a shallow one or not. It's my discussion after all and members here have the right to ignore that. It's fun unboxing and using what we bought.
@toniganzon yes that is good. My daughter love sepora. I have given her cards.
@sharon6345 I love Sephora too! We can buy from Sephora online but it would come from Singapore and the price is almost double than the prices in the US.
@sprite1950 (14498)
• Corsham, England
I don't mind a shallow post . I used to love trying out new makeup when I was younger. I would rush home from town to try it out and sad to say it often looked terrible but it was fun experimenting.
When I was in my 20s until mid 3os I was terrible at applying makeup. Then came the youtube tutorials which I watch every single night before I go to sleep. That's when I learned how to truly apply makeup, from foundation to eyeshadow to brows, and blush, highlighter, and contour. I've been addicted to makeup for four years now. Oh and sorry coz I could talk on and on about makeup if one would allow me to. It's only here in mylot that I don't post much about it. And thanks for not minding a shallow post.
@sprite1950 (14498)
• Corsham, England
@toniganzon No problem! My 11 year old granddaughter has begun experimenting with makeup. I think she's a bit young really and sometimes she ends up looking a bit like a clown . However I've always worn a little and although she has a pretty face and doesn't need it I think she will wear it when she's older.
@sprite1950 I started wearing makeup only when I was already in my 20s and only when there was a special occasion I had to go to. But about four years ago, I started wearing makeup on weekdays when I have to go out. It's my way of practicing. I really want to be a makeup artist!
I hope the cosmetics live up to your expectations. And enjoy the wedding.
Oh yes, they did. Especially MAC Matchmaster foundation. You can hardly feel you have anything on your face.
@toniganzon I would like that. I'm not fond of wearing make-up.
@JudyEv It's super light on the face and you don't look like you have makeup coz it still shows your real skin.
@1hopefulman (31634)
Those who like you and have time would read anything you post. I would love to see any pictures of the results if you would like to let us see them. I'm sure that others are also interested as everybody likes you here.
I doubt everybody likes me here! But maybe I'll post a pic. Again that would depend on my mood dear Felix!
@1hopefulman (31634)
@toniganzon If your mood moves you to do it then please do.
@1hopefulman Current mood. Photo taken just now.
@zarlamain (24889)
Oh, please! I make shallow posts constantly and don't care if people get offended (more like jealous) by them. I do what I do please. It's not like shallow posts are against the guidelines of this site! I love your new makeup! I'm a huge fan of Benefit and I just recently started using MAC. I have quite a few makeup brands that I love and use constantly, but I'm also trying new brands every other month! I just love opening all the goodies I purchase. I hope you enjoyed the wedding! I'm sure you looked stunning!
Thank you. We left the wedding quick. I do try new ones too all the time. I'm a makeup addict.
@zarlamain (24889)
@toniganzon Your welcome! I try to leave weddings quick too. Same here. I'm less inclined to admit it openly, but I love makeup so much.
@zarlamain I only started loving makeup I think 4 years ago. And that was the only time I learned how to apply it correctly.
I just bought a new hat recently and was really excited to wear it. I hope you enjoyed the wedding and your new makeup.
enjoyed my makeup more than the wedding. How was the hat?
@toniganzon I love the hat. Thank you for asking Toni. I am glad you liked the makeup. Sorry about the wedding.
@Hannihar You don't have to. I wasn't expecting anything from that wedding as I don't know anybody there. I just went with someone who does.
I love makeup. I am happy to read about makeup and getting ready for weddings. I love boxes that come my way too.
So great to meet another makeup enthusiast. Though I'm a makeup addict, I rarely post about makeups here as not all could relate to that, especially the boys.
@toniganzon I do love makeup. It really is an artistic pursuit. Very creative too.
@Corbin5 That is so true. But I can only do the basic.
@nela13 (7729)
• Portugal
I am always excited to try new makeup when I bought it, which is quite frequently
I've been a makeup addict for four years now and I frequently buy them I including makeup brushes and sponges. Some I haven't even used yet. Girls and their fascination for makeups. My eyes get bigger whenever I see new launch of MAC products on instagram.
@nela13 (7729)
• Portugal
@toniganzon I only have this one I received.
@nela13 (7729)
• Portugal
@toniganzon neither do I, my daily makeup is quite simple, just foundation or bb cream, blush, mascara and lipstick.
wow madam how much are those? you know i also like make ups but i just buy the cheap ones lol. what shallow discussions are you saying, any topics are allowed here as long as its under the guidelines.
Been here for more than 7 years to know that so don't worry. MAC and Benefit are all expensive. The Benefit primer set I got for 2,100 and the benefit brow pencil was 1,500. My total bill in MAC was almost 7,000. I was a bit disappointed that the loose powder I've been wanting to buy at MAC was sold out and they were sold out all over the country.
@toniganzon yes im wondering if im still here after 7yrs lol. is loose powder okay? i havent tried it. im only buying ever bilena or careline brand, nichido also if i have money but if i dont have i just buy in tiangge.
@Strawberry18 Loose powder is used for setting the makeup especially the under eye concealer so it won't budge or crease. I use it for baking my whole face coz I have oily skin, especially now that it's summer season. Some Ever Bilena and Nichido products are okay. I've tried Careline in the past but they're the worst. I heard the nIchido loose powder is good as a setting powder but I haven't tried it at all. I'm very particular with the quality of the product.
@alberello75 (18404)
• Genova, Italy
It is not a superficial post, if your passion is makeup.
Well thank you... to me it really isn't. But if you have been aware of the discussions posted in mylot recently about how the posts should be, you would understand what I mean. I love makeup and i have been collecting tons of them for about 4 years now.
@alberello75 (18404)
• Genova, Italy
@toniganzon Honestly, I have not read your last posts. But I think if your passion is make-up, I do not see why you should give up.
@alberello75 I'm not talking about my last posts but what other members have posting about how mylot discussions should be. There were more than one several days ago. And I'm not talking about giving up at all. I would never give up what I enjoy doing the most and that's buying and applying makeup.
@Micmac (9246)
I ordered a pair of new house slippers, so I was excited to open the box to wear them, make sure they are comfortable and finally trash my old worn out slippers with holes on the soles.
Were they comfortable as you expected?
@Micmac (9246)
@toniganzon Oh, yes, they are fitting just perfect! A good deal, and I'm so glad to open a box with a good product.
@Micmac Glad it is as you expected!
Of course I do! I love playing with makeup, and this is a very serious discussion for me. Have fun at the wedding!
I love having serious discussions about makeup!
@toniganzon What else is there to talk about???? Ahahahaaa!
@DianneN so true.
@Anne88 (327)
• Canlubang, Philippines
We can talk about make up anytime, I take make up seriously. I used to like MAC but it is very expensive. I am more into local brands now. I like what you bought...I hope I had the same kind of budget for shopping!
There are some local brands that work well. But the quality is just so different sometimes. I love Tarte a lot too. Especially their blushes. Maybelline age rewind is a great under eye concealer, have you tried it?
@Anne88 (327)
• Canlubang, Philippines
@toniganzon Oh not yet, But since you suggested it, I am going to consider it in the future. Thanks! I need a good concealer and you suggested a good brand. I am now using Ellana Mineral cosmetics and I would like to try Colourette Cosmetics soon.
@Anne88 Now that it's available locally, it has become cheaper. I used to buy them online for 420 but now it's like 350 at the Maybelline counter.
@HazySue (22571)
Actually I do get excited. I often buy online and it is like opening a gift when it arrives.
True. I shop online almost every week and it's really exciting opening packages.
@HazySue (22571)
@toniganzon I love shopping online, you get such good deals.
@HazySue So true.
• Cuddalore, India
Yes I recently bought a laptop and got excited on opening them.
Same with mine when I got my MacBook pro.
• Cuddalore, India
@toniganzon that's great to hear. Enjoy a lot . By I don't prefer Macbook for personal use. It was perfect only for business purpose .
@Lignitecityabishek96 I switched to Mac 6 years ago and the one I'm using now is a my second MacBook Pro. I'll never switch back to windows computer.
@sjvg1976 (18397)
Why not ? Everyone would like to use new thing soon they bought them.
There are some things that I left unused sometimes, especially clothes.
@sjvg1976 (18397)
@toniganzon you might have kept them to wear on some special occasion.
@sjvg1976 I just have too many and sometimes I would forget the new ones.
@sol_cee (16889)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
A woman’s pleasure.
Is her shallowness?
@sol_cee (16889)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
@toniganzon is a bed of mac and benefit. Lol
@sol_cee Oh, that would be heaven for me! And we should add more to that like Urban Decay, Dior, Charolotte Tilbury, Too Faced, Tarte...damn I could go on and on and it better be an American King size bed!
@mydanods (6749)
• Nigeria
When opening the boxes for what I bought I don't get excited because I already know it contains.
Of course you know what it contains but have you tried what's in it already? When I got my MacBook pro touch after using an old MacBook pro for 5 years, I was really excited to get my hands on the new one. It's different when you can touch it and feel it in your hands and trying them out than just knowing what's inside.
@mydanods (6749)
• Nigeria
@toniganzon I get what you mean.
@velvet53 (17323)
• Palisade, Colorado
Have fun at the wedding. I bet your new items will be just fine.
Hi Sandy! Yes they are all wonderful. Love the foundation as it was super light on the skin as if I wasn't wearing anything.
@velvet53 (17323)
• Palisade, Colorado
@toniganzon That's great. I am happy for you.
I love trying the new makeup items I buy. I usually do as soon as I am back home.
I have more self-control than you hahaha!