What a Painful Whole Night I Endured !

Last night, i began having a stomache before 11:00 p.m. Hubby, drove to town and bought me a medicine because he said I might have eaten too much. But, the pain persisted and it was so painful. He called our daughter at 2:00 a.m. and told her what I am enduring. He has to hush her from crying while telling him what medicines to buy. He knows she's worried for me especially that I didn't speak to her since I was feeling so weak from the pain. My hubby drove the car to town and bought the medines. After about an hour I have taken them, the pain subsided. She instructed that I should have an ultrasound because she suspects I have gallstones though it could also be acid. I hope it's not gallstones. I will be going to the doctor by Monday so I can have my referral for an ultrasound on Tuesday. I have never felt such a very painful stomachache in my whole life. Last night, was a second attack of the stomache. But I do know how small gallstones can make your stomach so painful.
@Blondie2222 (21747)
oh no i'm glad your daughter was able to advise your husband of what to do and got you the right meds. I hope your doctor was able to refer you for an ultrasound and will pray it's not gallstones. I had those before having my gallbladder removed. I pray you get well soon.
Yes, she knows what to prescribe to me since she's a doctor specializing in a hospital for general surgery. We know she's sleeping and was tired from duty at the hospital but hubby has to ask what to give me. I had my ultrasound yesterday and there's no gallstone no kidney stone, just some diffused fats on the liver. So, your gallbladder was removed already. Did you suffer excruciating pain too before it was finally operated on?
@Blondie2222 (21747)
@SIMPLYD Yes I had terrible pain and got sick with alot of stuff i ate. I had mine removed but I still have issues as when they did the surgery they left a bile duct in and it gets plugged every now and then so I have to have a procedure to open it back up every few years.
@Blondie2222 Oh, that is sad.
@Sreekala (22870)
I am feeling the same away and I had great pain in stomach on Sunday and it become extreme at night. My hubby too went out and get medicines for me. Morning I got relieved but felt lethargy. Today again I feel pain in my stomach that is in the right up side of abdomen. Today Ii searched in net for reasons of belly pain.I doubt I am doing exercises for knee pain and may be it is the side effects. At times it causes due to gas problems too.
I am sorry for you too. This kind of pain doesn't easily go away, unless you are able to drink the right medicine. I too, felt well from the stomache in the morning but slept and slept after that so i felt so lethargic too. I must admit that at time it could be due to gas problems indeed. I had my ultrasound and it showed no stones at all both gall bladder and kidney.
@Sreekala (22870)
@SIMPLYD Be glad that you are not facing any stone problems. At times, Gas acts like a villain, we can't even imagine gas can do this much dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!
@Sreekala Yes, that is true. It could also be so painful when we have gas in the stomach.
@patgalca (14357)
• Orangeville, Ontario
Sorry to hear this. I actually woke up in excruciating pain one morning this week. It was in my lower abdomen, way down low under my belly. It was so painful I was going to wake up my daughter to take me to the hospital. I put a hot bean bag on my belly and the pain eased up enough for me to get another two hours sleep. When I awoke again the pain was gone. I was trying to figure out whether it was gyno or gastro. I have fibromyalgia with IBS. I get constipated even though I have been going to the bathroom. I did go to the bathroom after I awoke the second time but then had a stomach ache for the rest of the day. Seems to be the way with me. What should be a relieving bowel movement results in a stomach ache afterwards. Hope you get some answers soon.
Thank you. I consulted a doctor yesterday and had an ultrasound. No gallstones nor kidney stones. Thank God. So your stomache is caused by not having bowel movement. My father also had that. He didn't have bowel movement for 3 days so he had an excruciating stomache and was bought to the hospital. Once there, he was made to take some medicines and had the bowel movement. But in addition, his ultrasound showed he has gallstones, but since he is old already it isn't advisable to have an operation anymore. He was given medicines for his easy bowel movements.
@patgalca (14357)
• Orangeville, Ontario
@SIMPLYD I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I can have bowel movements and still be constipated, or have the symptoms of constipation. This was a pain I hadn't experienced since, well, childbirth. But thankfully it went away. Glad your tests came out okay. I hope they are continuing to look into the problem.
@patgalca It's hard to be constipated. But I think there are medicines that can make you eliminate your bowel for the day. Yes, our daughter prescribed me acid suppressing medication for 14 days.
@hereandthere (30964)
when i had gallbladder attacks, the pain would move to different spots. i hated it when i was also throwing up. what did she prescribe that helped your symptoms?
For me.it' s on the same spot the middle upper part of my stomach. It's so painful. I threw up all that i ate that night. She preacribed Buscopan and omeprazole. I didn't have any thought that it could be gallstones. So you know it's the gallbladder for you. Didn't the doctor suggest operation?
@SIMPLYD my gallbladder has been taken out already. the pain tends to be on the right side, under the ribs.
@hereandthere Oh so0, your gallbladder is already removed. Had you suffered excruciating stomache too, before it was finally removed?
I'm glad you will be seen by the doctor and hope whatever is wrong can be fixed quickly and simply. Sending prayers and hugs your way.
I finally have seen the doctor yesterday and had my ultrasound already too. I have no gallstones nor kidney stones. I am relieved.
@SIMPLYD I'm relieved for you! I recently saw your new post. Thank goodness!
@DianneN Thank you. I feel so relieved too.
@JustBhem (36571)
• Davao, Philippines
Oh, you should check yourself. It is better to know what's the cause of that pain.
Yes, i went to the hospital yesterday and consulted the doctor. He had me subjected to gallstones.
@JustBhem (36571)
• Davao, Philippines
@SIMPLYD Oh, is it bad? I hope it's not.
@JustBhem I don't have gallstones neither kidney stones.
Gallstones are very painful and they give also stomach problems. I wish is nothing serious, but it's better to have an ultrasound.
Actually , I had the first attack, 3 weeks ago. I thought it was the peanuts and soda that caused it because on these two days i had thwm both. But with the second excrucating attack we hd to consult our daughter. I reallg hope it's nothing serious. I will definitelt have the ultrasound this week. I don't want a 3rd attack.
@SIMPLYD Be careful what you eat until you have the ultrasound.
@LadyDuck Yes, i now avoid oily and fatty foods. Yesterday hubby cooked the fish in water with sour tamarind soup. Then he blanched veggie. He knows what i should avoid. I now eat only small amouny. I am afraid of getting an attack again.
Thank ..for your daughter. She saved the night.
We are happy she's a doctor . She helps a lot when we want to ask for what are the emergency medicines we should buy when it arises.
@SIMPLYD That is wonderful it should save you money. Being a dr is she allowed to treat you in her clinic? I am not sure of that but here I am aware a dr can't operate on family.
@sharon6345 She is a doctor but specializing still in general surgery in teh hospital where she is one of its scholars in Medicine before. So, she doesn't have a clinic yet, because she is still especializing . But a least, we can always call on her for consultations. Yes, it is one of the medical protocol that a doctor cannot operate on her family. It has to be done by another surgeon.
Last week my brother was rushed to the hospital from a server stomachache. He had gallstones. Fortunately, they were so tiny that the meds administered to him for five days effectively got rid of them.
Gallstones can really bring severe stomache attacks. Mother-in-law had it before. She was operated in Manila to take out the small stones. Thatis why I am afraid thta it ould indeed be gallstones. The pain is gone now, but I have to have an ultrasound soon, to know what really is causing it,because my daughter said it could also be acid. I don't want a third attack anymore. So, your brother didn't have an operation? I am hoping that if it is gallstone, it could still be dissolve by medicines.
@SIMPLYD Yeah but it's only possible when the stones are too tiny.
@toniganzon I hope if i do have gallstones they are just tiny. My father-in-law had two big gallstones. It didn't give him severe stomache. Although, he was operated to have them removed.
@epiffanie (10466)
It’s to have a doctor in the family that you can call anytime..
Yes, i am happy that our daughter is now a doctor, that we can consult even at the wee hours of the morning.
@epiffanie (10466)
@SIMPLYD Yes you are lucky..
@epiffanie Yes, thank you.
Sorry to learn that you were under the weather !Your daughter is a specialist and knows well what disease you suffer from.
Thank you, I am fine now. She's a general medicine passer, byt not specialist yet. So,she knows the medicines fr all diseases. She's still on the second year of specialization in general surgery. at the moment, she would like to sub-specialize in oncology , but she said not very sure yet, it could change.
@SIMPLYD She is hardworking and has what it takes to be a medical specialist .
@bagarad (12133)
• Paso Robles, California
I'm sorry you have been in so much pain. I hope you are able to solve this health problem soon so you can stop being miserable.
i actually feela lot better now. However, i have to have an ultrasound at the soonest so whatever it is that is causing my attacks of stomachache ( this is the second time) so. while it is still early it could be given an intervention. We are happy that our daughter is one call away, since she is specializing still in general surgery.
@bagarad (12133)
• Paso Robles, California
@SIMPLYD It's good you have a qualified person to consult with in your own family.
@bagarad That is true. I am happy she took up Medicine.
@Jessabuma (27320)
• Baguio, Philippines
I'm so sorry to hear this po. I hope you are feeling better now
Yes, after that night, I felt well already. It was as if no such thing happened. So, since then, when I seldom eat fried peanuts with Sprite to down it. And when I eat peanuts it's not aplenty.
@Jessabuma (27320)
• Baguio, Philippines
@SIMPLYD ohh, I have never tried to eat peanuts with Sprite. I do love to eat peanuts but not plenty also
@wongchoiyee (7342)
I had gone to the emergency hospital last 2 years twice, one in 2015 and another in 2017, the doctors said I am drinking too much coke thus a lot of acid in my stomach. I also vomit. I hope you take a thorough checkup to your body soon.
So for you it is a case of hyper acidity? Are you on medicatio ? Thank you, i am hoping it nothing serious that requirwes hospitalization.
@SIMPLYD hyper acidity. Now I drink less sodas.
@anikoonline (3166)
• Hungary
I hope you will find the reason of your pain and cure it soon.
Thank you. I already had the ultrasound yesterday. No stones either at the gallbladder or kidneys.
• Hungary
@SIMPLYD That's good news!
@kepweng (14564)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
hope you go to Dr. kidney is Dangerous
It turned out that I am free of stones both gallbladder and kidney.
@mom210 (6762)
• Atlanta, Georgia
oh no, I do hope that is not the case. It is sweet that your daughter was worried about you. I hope you can figure this out. Take care
Thank you. Yes, she worried so much. Good thing, she's a doctor so she knows what i should take to remove the pain.
It is a very good idea to have your painful stomach checked. At least you will then know what is causing the pain.
Yes, I had it consulted yesterday to a doctor. I was subjected to an ultrasound. I am happy, there are no gallstones nor kidney stones.
im sorry about it, yes it can be affected because kidney is just beside stomach
I am praying it is nothing serious that requires operation. I will hav e my ultrasound this week.
Nothing like having your doubts cleared.
Indeed. I went to the doctor yesterday and he recommended me to an ultrasound. I was so happy, because I have no gallstones nor kidney stones.